• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeonardSankar

Anyone Else Concerned About Road Play?

Rate this topic

Well if you look at the standings the Wings sit 4th primarily b/c of sub .500 road play as they would be 1st in the conference if not for this poor play on the road.

I think the big picture is if the play on the road continues to be sub-standard it means no higher than a 4th seed and I think that is too low of a seed for the Wings to get out of the West as in order to beat teams like the Hawks, Sharks or Canucks they need home ice advantage. Heck I don't even know if home ice will get them through a playoff series against San Jose.

If you look at the last 2 Cup winning teams in 02 & 08 they had home ice for all their rounds and in order to win the Cup again I think that's the route they need to take or at least have home ice for the Western playoffs.

i wouldnt sweat it until after this trip. EDM, VAN, CGY, and NSH will be a good test for us. I think were feeling good right now and will do work.

as long as theyre winning at home well stay in the hunt and as long as we make the playoffs were a threat. home ice is nice, but not the be all end all.

i wouldnt sweat it until after this trip. EDM, VAN, CGY, and NSH will be a good test for us. I think were feeling good right now and will do work.

as long as theyre winning at home well stay in the hunt and as long as we make the playoffs were a threat. home ice is nice, but not the be all end all.

While you mentioned Nashville it just reminds me of last weeks collapse as I don't think that would have happened at the Joe or I would hope not. Hopefully they go no worse than 2-2 on this trip as Vancouver is the toughest opponent and they need revenge in Nashville badly but they should be smart and take the gimme 2 points against the Oilers & Flames b/c those are needed with the Hawks playing so well.

While you mentioned Nashville it just reminds me of last weeks collapse as I don't think that would have happened at the Joe or I would hope not. Hopefully they go no worse than 2-2 on this trip as Vancouver is the toughest opponent and they need revenge in Nashville badly but they should be smart and take the gimme 2 points against the Oilers & Flames b/c those are needed with the Hawks playing so well.

I wouldn't call it a collapse. It wasn't good, but it's not like Nashville dominated us. They won on a lucky bounce, literally.

I wouldn't call it a collapse. It wasn't good, but it's not like Nashville dominated us. They won on a lucky bounce, literally.

I didn't see that game as live in Canada and don't have Center Ice as I just saw the ticker once said 3-1 Wings and then all of a sudden I saw 4-3 final and was too pissed to even look at the highlights to see how that happened.

I am not worried at this point. 9 of their next 11 are on the road, so I am willing to bet that Mike Babcock will have them ready to win at least 7 or 8 of the next 11, which will help to improve their road record. Keep in mind, they have not played THAT bad on the road... they have shown signs of Red Wings hockey such as the Boston game (best game of the year imo), the Pens game, game in LA a while back. To top that, they dominated both games they played in Minnesota at the beginning of the year, but were just going through that slump of not scoring. When it is all said and done, it will be during this next 11 games that we will see the Red Wings erase any concerns of playing on the road because it is just a few minor adjustments to make that will make all of the difference imo. Lets start strong tonight.

Well if you look at the standings the Wings sit 4th primarily b/c of sub .500 road play as they would be 1st in the conference if not for this poor play on the road.

I think the big picture is if the play on the road continues to be sub-standard it means no higher than a 4th seed and I think that is too low of a seed for the Wings to get out of the West as in order to beat teams like the Hawks, Sharks or Canucks they need home ice advantage. Heck I don't even know if home ice will get them through a playoff series against San Jose.

If you look at the last 2 Cup winning teams in 02 & 08 they had home ice for all their rounds and in order to win the Cup again I think that's the route they need to take or at least have home ice for the Western playoffs.

Its REALLY early to talk about this. Guys are just starting to hit their groove and the road game will come. They are team that can make adjustments when it counts so I am not worried at all!

Wasn't last year the exact opposite? We were solid on the road but for some reason shaky at the Joe? I know they lost both games I went to (including the OT game vs San Jose, that hurt)... of course they also lost the game I went to in Chicago... lessons learned, I shouldn't go to games.

I am a little worried, but I think they should improve on it before playoff time.

Home Record = 13-2-1

Road Record = 8-8-0

Home Game Played = 16

Road Games Played= 16

Home Goals For = 67

Road Goals For = 39

Home Goals Against = 30

Road Goals Against = 41

Home Differential = 37

Road Differential = -2

Home +/- = 35

Road +/- = -5