• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kindl Surprise

World Juniors Tournament

Rate this topic

Let's go Canada :siren:

How much do you think the Canadians paid the refs to miss that takedown early in the period and the penalty shot which should have been called?

Yet every Russian penalty has been caught.

I don't mind since it's made the game interesting, but it seems pretty obvious.

Well that was nearly the greatest comebacks I've seen in a long time. Just not meant to be this year, but still very proud of the boys!!

I got to give the Russians all the credit though, they're all playing with heavy hearts. Should be a good final against the Swedes :thumbup:

the good thing about this years tourney is that all of the 5 Wings prospects have been good with one still

in with a chance to get a gold medal.

One player not at the WJC is defenseman Alexei Marchenko. He was expected to be Russia’s captain but has been out since October with a knee injury.

So all sounds good for the future, also the kid that we had at the prospects camp is having a solid tourney for

Russia as well, i hope we are keeping are eyes on him still. (Artyom Sergeyev) for those wondering who i am on about.

I'm pissed! After USA got out I started cheering for re Czechs (because of mrazek). When they got out i started cheering for the Finns (pulkkinen). So basically my top 3 are all out now... Oh well, GO SWEDEN!

Does that mean Russia will win the gold?

One player not at the WJC is defenseman Alexei Marchenko. He was expected to be Russia's captain but has been out since October with a knee injury.

He was a lock for sure. If he was healthy then one at least one defensive Wings prospect was coming home with gold.

I'm pissed! After USA got out I started cheering for re Czechs (because of mrazek). When they got out i started cheering for the Finns (pulkkinen). So basically my top 3 are all out now... Oh well, GO SWEDEN!

Aw maaan, way to jinx us! :ranting:

"Mrazek has been tremendous," Holland said. "I watched him against Canada. They lost 5-0, but I thought he was outstanding. Three of the goals he had no chance on -- they were backdoor tap-ins. He played really well against USA and was tremendous against Russia."

The Wings drafted Mrazek, 19, 141st overall in 2010. He's midway through his third season with the Ottawa 67s of the Ontario Hockey League and will be in Grand Rapids next season.

"He's quick, he's a tremendous competitor, and he's got real good skills," Holland said. "This has got to do a lot for his confidence. He's been one of the players that have really made a name for himself in this tournament, and it's a real tough tournament to separate yourself in just because of the caliber of every player."

The Wings won't know for three years or more if Mrazek is an NHL-caliber goaltender, but "at this level and this stage, to play the way he did was exciting for our organization," Holland said.

The Wings also have been pleased by the play of forward Teemu Pulkkinen, the 111th selection from 2010 who had six goals and four assists after five games for Finland. Forward Tomas Jurco, a second-round pick in June, had six points in five games for Slovakia. Mattias Backman, a 6-foot-2 defenseman for Sweden who has worked his way into the top four, is another pick from June, as is Slovakian forward Marek Tvrdon. "All are NHL prospects," Holland said. "They've all played very well."

http://www.freep.com/article/20120104/SPORTS05/201040418/1053/sports05

Kirill Kabanov wasnt picked by the Russians, i thought he had cleaned his act up and started to get his

cr#p together has he burned his bridges with the Russian Hockey Federation?

Whatever his relationship with the Russiaqn hockey powers now is, he must be to old to play this year?

Damn! Whoever told the Russian players to "submarine" the Team Canada goalies is a genius. I hope the players that make it to the League bring that as part of their "game".

Is that sour grapes that I hear?

There was only one occurrence of such, and the Russian player was pushed a bit by a Canadian D-man so he was off balance and couldn't avoid the goalie, though he tried. Watch the replay of that goal again, I think it was Russia's 3rd or 4th.

And it was a Canadian player who slid into Wedgewood on the other goal.

Rossiya, vpered! :)

Guest Hatethedrake!

As a Canadian, last night's game was painful to watch. I mean at least 3 of the goals were unlucky deflections and I counted at least 3 goal posts. The shots were something like 50-20 for Canada. But really, Russia was the better team and deserved to win. Canada's game is cycling down low with an aggresive forecheck and often they were caught with 3 men iin the offensive zone which enabled the Russian dmen to get the puck out to their skilled forwards like Kuznetsov ( he had a heck of a game). Give Canada credit for battling back and they almost did it. But when you dig yourself a 6-1 hole, you can't really expect to climb out of it. I saw some quit in some of Canada's players and I can't recall the last time I saw that on any Team Canada. I was happy to see Mrazek play very well against Canada in the game against the Czechs and know he's a Wings prospect. That kid never gives up and has an excellent future. I think Russia will beat Sweden but in 1 game anything can happen. Sweden's goalie looks too shaky for my liking. I wonder who Russia comes back with in net?

Edited by Hatethedrake!

As a Canadian, last night's game was painful to watch. I mean at least 3 of the goals were unlucky deflections and I counted at least 3 goal posts. The shots were something like 50-20 for Canada. But really, Russia was the better team and deserved to win. Canada's game is cycling down low with an aggresive forecheck and often they were caught with 3 men iin the offensive zone which enabled the Russian dmen to get the puck out to their skilled forwards like Kuznetsov ( he had a heck of a game). Give Canada credit for battling back and they almost did it. But when you dig yourself a 6-1 hole, you can't really expect to climb out of it. I saw some quit in some of Canada's players and I can't recall the last time I saw that on any Team Canada. I was happy to see Mrazek play very well against Canada in the game against the Czechs and know he's a Wings prospect. That kid never gives up and has an excellent future. I think Russia will beat Sweden but in 1 game anything can happen. Sweden's goalie looks too shaky for my liking. I wonder who Russia comes back with in net?

I think you exaggerate about seeing "quit" in some Canadian players. I didn't see any in that 3rd period!

I bet Vasilevsky starts in the final. He was spectacular this whole toutney and the goals weren't his fault, the defense in front of him crumbled. He might have had a chance on Gormley's blue-line wrister, but he was screened pretty well. The rest were deflections, tip-ins, rebounds etc.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think you exaggerate about seeing "quit" in some Canadian players. I didn't see any in that 3rd period!

I bet Vasilevsky starts in the final. He was spectacular this whole toutney and the goals weren't his fault, the defense in front of him crumbled. He might have had a chance on Gormley's blue-line wrister, but he was screened pretty well. The rest were deflections, tip-ins, rebounds etc.

I was referring to the 6-1 goal which Russia scored. It seemed as if all he Canadians on the ice were beaten up ice and gave up on the play. Even Connolly alluded to that fact after the game. I think he was referring to that goal.

I was referring to the 6-1 goal which Russia scored. It seemed as if all he Canadians on the ice were beaten up ice and gave up on the play. Even Connolly alluded to that fact after the game. I think he was referring to that goal.

Was it Beulleiux (sp?) who stopped skating? He seems to behave like a man who heard a whistle, there was a penalty being called on him. And after he realizes that the whistle hasn't blown, he has no chance to get back into play.

Serves Canada right, enough trying to build these "NHL" style teams. Get the most talented players on the team like the Swedes and Russians do. Of the top 10 scorers in the QMJHL, only one had an invite to camp and was cut (Zach Phillips). Of the top 10 scorers in the OHL, only 2 were invited to camp and Tyler Toffoli was cut for some reason..obviously 30 goals in 34 games isn't good enough for Team Canada. Of the top 10 scorers in the WHL only 3 were invited and Ty Rattie (the LEADING) point getter was cut 37 goals in 37 games. Give me a ******* break, there's a reason the Canadian teams were so good from 2001-2009 because we always had top end offensive talent leading the team. I won't even get started on the goaltending because once again they picked the wrong 2 guys and it cost them. Maybe they'll learn next year.

As far as Russia, I hate to say it but they deserved that win, they were the better team.