• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#141 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I didn't see the first two periods, but the third is awesome! Were the first two this good?

How awesome would it be for Russia to beat Sweden after being down like that? And for the record, I want Russia to win because the Canadians are rooting for the Swedes because Russia beat Canada. How's that for spite? :cool:

I want the Swedes to win because Russia didn't start skating until the third... :angry:

#142 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

I like how Russia is protecting their goalie now. Even if Makarov has no real threat, they're still clearing the crease. I wish our boys would do that for Jimmy.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#143 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

You could see that coming as Sweden started pouring it on. I'm glad the game ended on an awesome play. Congrats to the Swedes.

#144 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Great game winning goal there.
Posted Image

#145 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

Congrats Sweden!

#146 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

I didn't see the first two periods, but the third is awesome! Were the first two this good?

How awesome would it be for Russia to beat Sweden after being down like that? And for the record, I want Russia to win because the Canadians are rooting for the Swedes because Russia beat Canada. How's that for spite? :cool:

Nothing to to with losing. Unwritten rule. If you are Canadian you do not hope for the US and you do not hope for Russia, if you can help it. It's that simple. lol
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#147 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Congrats to Canada for getting a medal 14 years straight :clap: They made us proud.

Was so glad to see Sweden beat the Russians as was most of the croud. I was at the pub for the game and the whole pub was cheering once that goal got scored. Congrats for the first gold in 30 years!!

Till next year, great job Alberta hosting and passing the torch onto Russia now
IPB Image

#148 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Alright Sweden!

#149 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Backman with the gold after having a great WJHC. Who was the last Wing to Win a WJHC gold?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#150 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#151 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:59 AM

Backman with the gold after having a great WJHC. Who was the last Wing to Win a WJHC gold?

I would say Helm.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#152 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Logan Pyett, Canada, in 2008
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#153 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXMl9wqlCNw

That was quite the save
IPB Image

#154 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

I heard this Calgary columnist on Toronto radio last night and I couldn't help but dig up his article on Kusnetsov. I get the sense that he doesn't like the Russian player too much.....or Ovechkin and Semin for that matter.

My link

#155 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:47 AM

Nothing to to with losing. Unwritten rule. If you are Canadian you do not hope for the US and you do not hope for Russia, if you can help it. It's that simple. lol

I don't buy that. This has everything to do with losing. Not to mention, you guys hate Americans and we know it. I mean, I know ya'll are still mad about Russia winning last year, so that didn't help, but it comes back full circle to being all about losing.

I heard this Calgary columnist on Toronto radio last night and I couldn't help but dig up his article on Kusnetsov. I get the sense that he doesn't like the Russian player too much.....or Ovechkin and Semin for that matter.

My link

Sounds like a sore loser to me.

#156 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

I don't buy that. This has everything to do with losing. Not to mention, you guys hate Americans and we know it. I mean, I know ya'll are still mad about Russia winning last year, so that didn't help, but it comes back full circle to being all about losing.

Sounds like a sore loser to me.

Pretty much.

Canadians are upset because a 19 year old kid is excited that he scored goals against them in a big game? They were also upset that the Russians were celebrating during their 3 goal comeback in last year's Gold Medal game. :rolleyes: How dare they celebrate?

I'm just happy the other countries are getting better at this tournament. It's not just Canada winning every year now.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#157 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Logan Pyett, Canada, in 2008

Nice. Forgot about him.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#158 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm just happy the other countries are getting better at this tournament. It's not just Canada winning every year now.

Four different countries have won gold in the last four years. Now that is diversity.

#159 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

Pretty much.

Canadians are upset because a 19 year old kid is excited that he scored goals against them in a big game? They were also upset that the Russians were celebrating during their 3 goal comeback in last year's Gold Medal game. :rolleyes: How dare they celebrate?

I love the WJHC, but until Canada get there heads out of there asses and start putting more talented kids who deserve to play on the ice, I don't mind seeing a hard working team like Sweden win. I love Roger Ronnberg, that's a hockey coach.

Oh and why are you surprised by the fans reactions? The games were played in Calgary and Edmonton afterall! :hehe: Oh and Eric Francis is actually a funny guy and a good radio host (listen to him every morning on the way to work) but he doesn't know s*** about hockey because, you guessed it, he's a Flames reporter (and closet fan :ph34r:)

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 06 January 2012 - 07:04 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#160 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,519 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

Nice. Forgot about him.

But he's never played a game for the Wings and there is guarantee he ever will.