• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/21 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Canucks 4

Rate this topic

I hate the Nucks. They are worse divers than the Sharks. Do they have anyone likeable on that team?

Sami Salo is okay. I don't mind Andrew Alberts, either. Manny Mallhotra and Dale Weise aren't total dickbags. Other than them, that team is the ultimate collection of diving, spot-picking pieces of s*** not named the San Jose Sharks.

Actually, seeing as he's 36 and hits the crossbar on breakaways, he'd have fit in well on a line with Modano and Draper last year.

Cuck the Fanucks anyway!!!

That actually reminded me of Sammy. When we got him off you guys you all laughed aat me and said he was a good guy, but a total logo hunter. Then I began to laugh when he really tore it up in his first season with the Canucks. Then last year he reverted back to exactly what you guys said he was and you guys had the last laugh. So we shippeed him out and got David Booth for him who was working out great until he got taken out with a knee on knee.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game winning streak

Road: 1-game winning streak

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. Vancouver

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Road: 1-game winning streak (shootout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 7W-3L

Road: 6W-4L

Last Ten Games – Current All-Time Regular-Season v. Vancouver

Overall: 7W-3L

Road: 6W-3L-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the second game of a four-game road trip

Record v. Vancouver

All-time Record v. Vancouver

All-time, Overall

156G: 81W-53L-18T-0RT-4OTL-0SOL

All-time, Road v. Vancouver

77G: 33W-33L-10T-0RT-1OTL-0SOL

Season Record v. Vancouver

Overall

This is the second game, of four, v. Vancouver this season. The Club's record in the previous record:

1W-0L

This is the first road game, of two, v. Vancouver this season

Record on this Day

December 21

This is the 26th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 25 games:

9W-13L-3T

This is the 2nd regular-season game played v. Vancouver on this day. The Club's record in the previous game:

0W-1L

LGW.

Tough crowd.

I always look forward to seeing the Wings come to town - another big game and a measuring stick for both teams with nearly identical records and with both teams rounding into form.

The usual hot suspects on the Canucks are hot - you know who they are. Others include Jannik Hansen, Mason Raymond, Chris Higgins, Cody Hodgson and Michael Bublé.

The main concern for the Canucks will be the number 3 defensive pairing with Andrew Alberts and Alexander Sulzer in for Keith Ballard (possibly) and Aaron Rome (definitely). If Ballard plays (dealing with back spasms), Sulzer will be out.

The most significant injury at the moment is to David Booth (knee) who had been playing exceptional when he was hurt a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck Wings fans.

Sorry, Chairman, but I lost a lot of respect for the Nucks after the WCF last year. Not only was it a pitiful display, but so very unnecessary. Vancouver was too talented for that crap. Not that the Sharks weren't just as pathetic, but who gives a rats ass about them right now? :)

I hope to see a good game by both teams, with the Wings never letting the Nucks get even a whiff of a win.

Seems like everyone here is going :thumbup:

When I joined this site 8 years ago the number of Wings fans on this site from BC were few and far between and now it seems like there is about 6 in this thread alone. Pretty cool.

Sorry, Chairman, but I lost a lot of respect for the Nucks after the WCF last year. Not only was it a pitiful display, but so very unnecessary. Vancouver was too talented for that crap. Not that the Sharks weren't just as pathetic, but who gives a rats ass about them right now? :)

I hope to see a good game by both teams, with the Wings never letting the Nucks get even a whiff of a win.

Not sure what you're talking about in the Sharks series Vladdy, but that settles it then. I renounce my allegiance to the Canucks and throw it towards a more respectful team like the Wings.

Yeah that was easy. Go Wings.

Basically Vladdy, some of us are tired of hearing about what a bunch of assholes, divers and soft players the Canucks are. People hate our team and hate us fans and no one even remotely associated with the Canucks escapes the wrath of two-bit hockey analysts in Toronto or drooling couch potatoes in Edmonton, Boston, Chicago or Ottawa. I was amazed at how Sens fans jumped on the hate bandwagon last week when there wasn't a single significant incident in the game that would have been out of the ordinary in any game between any two teams. But because the Canucks had the rep when they went into Ottawa, Sens fans saw the game through goggles that were so distorted it's a wonder they saw any of the game at all. It just gets old and the popular commentary is way out of proportion when teams like the Kings are even worse offenders in my opinion when it comes to stuff like diving. The fact is there are agitators on a lot of teams and divers on all teams - even yours. The stink of diving is in every home arena in the NHL but most people only complain when the other team farts and steadfastly hold their noses when someone on their own rips one.

However, there is a positive aspect to all this. When collective groups face adversity it often forces them to bond together even closer and I see that happening with both the team and its fans. Canucks often joke now about how they're the "most hated team in the NHL" and it's something that seems to have pushed them even closer together.

And yeah, I know where I am and I know i will get no sympathy here and will get eaten alive for this post. Wouldn't be the first time.

I wish they were playing Calgary and then Vancouver as opposed to the other way around as now they have to fly from Edmonton to Vancouver and then fly back to Calgary.

As for tonight's game well I don't like the Canucks and I would just love a split in these next 2 games but if Ty Conklin starts against Calgary it becomes more difficult to win that game as well.

Not sure what you're talking about in the Sharks series Vladdy, but that settles it then. I renounce my allegiance to the Canucks and throw it towards a more respectful team like the Wings.

Basically Vladdy, some of us are tired of hearing about what a bunch of assholes, divers and soft players the Canucks are. People hate our team and hate us fans and no one even remotely associated with the Canucks escapes the wrath of two-bit hockey analysts in Toronto or drooling couch potatoes in Edmonton, Boston, Chicago or Ottawa. I was amazed at how Sens fans jumped on the hate bandwagon last week when there wasn't a single significant incident in the game that would have been out of the ordinary in any game between any two teams. But because the Canucks had the rep when they went into Ottawa, Sens fans saw the game through goggles that were so distorted it's a wonder they saw any of the game at all. It just gets old and the popular commentary is way out of proportion when teams like the Kings are even worse offenders in my opinion when it comes to stuff like diving. The fact is there are agitators on a lot of teams and divers on all teams - even yours. The stink of diving is in every home arena in the NHL but most people only complain when the other team farts and steadfastly hold their noses when someone on their own rips one.

However, there is a positive aspect to all this. When collective groups face adversity it often forces them to bond together even closer and I see that happening with both the team and its fans. Canucks often joke now about how they're the "most hated team in the NHL" and it's something that seems to have pushed them even closer together.

And yeah, I know where I am and I know i will get no sympathy here and will get eaten alive for this post. Wouldn't be the first time.

I don't hate the Nucks, nor have I jumped on any hate bandwagon. I watched the WCF with my own two eyes. IMO it was a pitiful display. The Nucks have their rep for a reason. I hope it changes soon.

And yes, people dive on all teams, even ours. The difference is that I actually call out the Wings when they do it, I don't giggle because they got away with it or got a call because of it. I consider it disgraceful and wish the refs would call it.

And try not to get so defensive. Yes, you're in enemy territory, but I never even hinted that you should switch allegiances, nor was I holding Detroit up as some paragon. I didn't have to - we all know it already! :P

I don't hate the Nucks, nor have I jumped on any hate bandwagon. I watched the WCF with my own two eyes. IMO it was a pitiful display. The Nucks have their rep for a reason. I hope it changes soon.

And yes, people dive on all teams, even ours. The difference is that I actually call out the Wings when they do it, I don't giggle because they got away with it or got a call because of it. I consider it disgraceful and wish the refs would call it.

And try not to get so defensive. Yes, you're in enemy territory, but I never even hinted that you should switch allegiances, nor was I holding Detroit up as some paragon. I didn't have to - we all know it already! :P

Agreed.

There's still a handful of players I like on the Canucks (I used to be a big fan years ago), but after watching them in the playoffs, especially the flopfest between them and the Sharks, I lost a lot of respect for them. Including Kesler, who is one of my favorite players in the league. Yes all teams dive to some degree, but it's not a coincidence that it's a largely held opinion that the Canucks have a lot of divers. It's not just hate. Plenty of people hate Boston but I've rarely heard them called divers. Combine the flopping with several interactions I had last season with Vancouver fans, and I don't have a lot of love for that team anymore.

That being said, the actual games between the Nucks and Wings last year were always some great hockey.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find hockey fans that wouldn't acknowledge that it's not just the Canucks who dive. Some may not admit anyone on their favourite team dives but as a whole a lot of players do dive. Vancouver got their rep because it's of some of the more blatant, obvious dives. They also are disliked because of the head snapping, constant crying to refs and the attitude a lot of their players seem to have both on and off the ice.

Don't be so upset that others out there don't like your team of you as a fan. It shouldnt bother you. But if you truly are looking and judging the canucks from an unbiased standpoint I think you'd be able to acknowledge that incidents like biting, head snapping etc. can turn a lot of people off of the Canucks

I hate the Nucks. They are worse divers than the Sharks. Do they have anyone likeable on that team?

Actually I would argue they're better at diving than the Sharks. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIlWcdT6i4

I can't imagine why anyone would dislike the Canucks. They're such a classy team. :lol:

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Kind of hard to argue the proof in that vid. Although, maybe it's not diving. Maybe the Nucks skates weren't very sharp, causing them to fall down like little Mites skaters....just sayin.....

edit to stay on-topic....

I think the Wings will prevail. They will not be lazy, or in fact, suck because of the schedule.

Wings 4, Nucks 1.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Guest irishock

From what I've seen it's mostly Henrik. The guy's an amazing talent, but what a joke as a captain.

I still don't get how he won the MVP. Guy wasn't even the best player on his own team.

From what I've seen it's mostly Henrik. The guy's an amazing talent, but what a joke as a captain.

I forgot about both of those. Folks this is only 2 of the 100's of reasons I really want the Wings to beat the s*** right out of the nucks tonight! LGW