• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#421 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

what the hell is with bieksa pushing, punching, crosschecking after the play every freaking time. He never does it to any tough players on ANY team. wish someone would kick the crap out of him again, like last year when he thought he was tough playing calgary, and he got one punched. that made my whole season right there. Why do teams let that puss get away with that crap ?

It's frustrating because aside from the crap Bieksa pulls like that (which is mostly based on his arrogance) he's actually a pretty solid player.

I can't believe i never saw the one punch
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#422 Chairman Maouth

Chairman Maouth

Canadian Insurgent

• Gold Booster
  • 922 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:00 PM

Fantastic game, but horribly officiated. But the Canucks traded blows with the Wings and came out on top.

I just heard on the radio there will be no supplemental discipline to either Kronwall or Kesler. I think that's the right call.

Regarding Bieksa's comments, Kronwall is sneaky, and Bieksa is a much better interview than most players because he rarely bulls***s anyone. Not sure why what he said has people so up in arms here. And that type of Kronwall hit has been critized in the past.

Kesler lost his s*** and today he probably knows it. He's shown in the past that he learns from his mistakes and rarely repeats them. I'm hoping he does that again. Dumb move to throw his leg out like a wet noodle, even though I don't believe there was any malicious intent behind it. There just wasn't even force thrown into the effort.

Canucks don't have leadership? WTF?

The Hansen goal and officiating. Just heard Ferraro say the Canucks deserved 2 - 3 powerplays in the game they never got and that the officiating was terrible. I agreed last night as I was watching the game, and as Canucks fans we saw this last season when the Canucks PP was lethal and referees put their whistles away when it came to giving the Canucks a powerplay. Seems that's on repeat this year.

The Hansen goal is a tough call either way. Did Zetterberg knock Hansen down? I doubt it because immediately after the goal Ferraro said in real time during the game: "I'm watching Hansen take his skate off and give it to the trainer." That indicates to me that Hansen probably lost an edge, although it's possible that happened when he stepped on something in the scrum afterwards, but the most likely scenario is that Hansen lost an edge and collided with Howard. So probably in my opinion it shouldn't have been a goal.

That brings us to the worst call or non-call of the game. Less than a minute earlier Kesler lost his s*** and tried to get at Kronwall - Kesler gets a penalty. Howard then loses his s*** and tries to get at Hansen - no penalty. Bulls***.

If nothing else, this sets up for a great next game between these two teams.
It's better to be considered temporarily insane than permanently stupid.

#423 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

It's frustrating because aside from the crap Bieksa pulls like that (which is mostly based on his arrogance) he's actually a pretty solid player.

I can't believe i never saw the one punch

Type in Kostopoulos vs bieksa jan 22, 2011

I watch it once a week. It cheers me up when I need a good laugh

#424 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:59 PM

Canucks don't have leadership? WTF?

Not sure if that was directed at my post, but I said better leadership.

The captain is great when he just plays hockey, but he's a known diver and had several flops that are just disgraceful. He reacts to typical hockey hacking and whacking like he's a soccer player. The Canucks showed their lack of leadership in the playoffs last season. Henrik completely disappeared in the SCF's. Daniel doesn't dive as much but wasn't very good in the SCF's either, unless you count taking punches to the face. Him predicting a game 7 victory only to immediately backtrack was pretty comical too. Then there's Luongo yapping about Thomas's goaltending, after he had crapped the bed a few times in the playoffs.

I'm a Kesler fan but he is too much of a hothead and still shows his lack of maturity like he did last night. Then there's the finger biter... The gutless player in Lapierre.

They're not totally without leadership, but like I said earlier, it's not coincidence that the Canucks have a reputation for being whiners and divers. Nucks fans can brush it off as envy or hate, but there's also solid reasons behind why many people feel that way. Teams develop a certain personality, and to a lot of people for Vancouver it's an extremely talented but whiny diving team.

#425 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

That brings us to the worst call or non-call of the game. Less than a minute earlier Kesler lost his s*** and tried to get at Kronwall - Kesler gets a penalty. Howard then loses his s*** and tries to get at Hansen - no penalty. Bulls***.

You know what? I'd glady take a Howard penalty at 3-2 for some 4-on4 hockey in a trade for that disallowed goal. In fact, I would go as far as to say that Howard wasn't penalized because the refs knew they blew the call right away.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#426 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

just watching that's hockey on tsn.

panelists and reporters have ALL heard today that the goal that was scored on Howard when Z apparently pushed the player into him SHOULD NOT have counted.

no penalty but no goal either.

let's see if they start to crack down even more now.
naked is a state of mind

#427 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:43 PM

Not their best. Yet again Howard gets run into

#428 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:49 PM

met ian white after the game and told him hes a warrior and that us pple on this site n wings fans love the fact we have him "n im not just saying that" his eye was fine that mans just a beast he was good tonight i thought... i was at the game n im still fired up i was right behind detroits bench 2 rows behind and when kronwall delivered the "U GOT KRONWALLED HIT" all i remember is me jumping up n screaming KRONWALLED! with many other Redwing fans in the barn... also when kesler the ***** went after kronners i yelled .."take a seat kesler uuuu *****" lol kindl and ericsson look back at me n just smirked n laughed babs smirked to also even some nux fans laughed... i was so fired up i cant stand nux fans oh my i live here near vancity i cant even put it into words how stupid and dumb there fans are and obnoxious ... so please detroiters who will be going to the next redwings n nux game at the joe ... if we do end up lighting up luongo or just having a good lead .. rag on him like we did on patrick roy.. and give kesler the boo chants show him michigan doesnt give 2 s***s about him.. once again sorry for my frustrated rant its 4 am and im walkin around the house wanting to pucnh the ***** wagon burrows face in n that model wanna be keslers freakin nose in! on the good side i got my helm jersey signed by helm after the game:)

You were excited! So excited I barely understand what the frick you are saying! Please, I know internet chat has it's own words, but please, use them sparingly. Or at least not in your entire post. I know spelling and grammar aren't always the best here and most folks look the other way, but man this was brutal! But at least you enjoyed yourself! Go Wings!

didn't watch the game but watched the replays.

that is such a ridiculous quote. "If you're going to hit guys like that, you're going to have to drop the gloves."

he turned with the puck with his head down, got destroyed, and kronwall is responsible for fighting him?

no. kesler got embarrassed and was still embarrassed when he made that stupid quote.

i'll tell you what, though. howard's getting pissed. teams are running him like crazy knowing nobody's going to rough them up afterwards. that's gotta change, and i wonder if he plays a part in us finally getting some MEAN players.

I like it that Howard is getting pissed, would be great to see a rebirth of Eddie Belfour in todays NHL! Expect to see Howard develop some stick-work soon. "Come near my crease, feel the pain..."

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com