• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pat

Pat

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

After the end of the first period on Wednesday night, the Versus telecast showed Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette having some words with Dallas Stars center Steve Ott in the entrance to the tunnel. After Ott appeared to have blocked the coach's path back to the dressing room, wanting the coach to allow the Stars to go off first, Lavy gave Ott a bit of a shove to get out of his way.

Peter Laviolette's badass level continues to rise. [video below]

The extracurricular activity continued in the second period with Ott chirping with the entire Flyers bench. Marc-Andre Bourdon tried to go at it with him, dropping the gloves but once he did, Ott never engaged, sending the Flyer to the box for two minutes.

Sestito and Burish were sent off for something or other as well.

The link below is the news article (source) and video.

http://www.the700lev...028&feedID=8976

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

That wasn't Laviolette shoving Ott so much as it was Ott blocking Laviolette from getting to the lockerroom.

Ott's douchiness knows no bounds. He goaded Bourdon into a bad penalty by pretending like he was going to go and then refusing to fight.

#3 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

That wasn't even a shove really. The author of the article is playing it up too much.

#4 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,965 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

My favorite Steve Ott moment.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#5 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:20 AM

Ott just loves to troll eastern conference teams, and the sharks.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Laviolette deserves a thank you. Does Hallmark make a card for that?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:32 AM

Don't get me wrong, Ott can definitely be an idiot. But Laviolette never should have been there (while the Stars were heading to the room) in the first place. If he's too lazy to walk around then he should, at a minimum, allow the Stars to leave first. On top of that, a coach should probably show a little more restraint than that.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#8 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:51 AM

But Laviolette never should have been there (while the Stars were heading to the room) in the first place.

oh but he's surrounded by tough guys. by default that makes him tough.

see every team that plays the wings.
Posted Image

#9 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,154 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:37 AM

Don't get me wrong, Ott can definitely be an idiot. But Laviolette never should have been there (while the Stars were heading to the room) in the first place. If he's too lazy to walk around then he should, at a minimum, allow the Stars to leave first. On top of that, a coach should probably show a little more restraint than that.

I don't know how accurate it is but on hfboards a few people watching the game said Laviolette stayed behind to talk to the refs and they had shut the door to Flyers locker room by the time he finished.

The shutting the door part seems a little odd, but honestly if it were any other player than a douchebag like Ott, there is no story because the coach simply walks past the players into the locker room. This is all about Ott being an idiot. It's not like Laviolette broke some big code by going down the other walkway.

#10 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

I think the title is reversed.

My favorite Steve Ott moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7y6AutOOU

You should have had a warning: "Mute volume because the song on it sucks"

Awesome fight though. I try to repress any memory of Cory Cross on this team unfortunately.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#11 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:46 PM

maybe the wings should dress laviolette?

#12 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

If I ever meet up with Peter Laviolette, I think I'll buy him a beer. My housemate said he should have laid King Douchebag out.
Posted Image