• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Stay classy Kesler

Rate this topic

Sure, by running away from Ryan Kesler.

But it just doesn't look good for him and makes the team look bad. Kronwall shouldn't be afraid of Kesler.

Kronner didn't run anywhere. Ref had him from the beginning, he just simply chose not to drop them....and why should he have to? Too bad Mick wasn't commentating or he'd have been asking why people are taking exception to good hits. It happens all the time. I do agree it may make him look 'bad' because he wouldn't oblige Kesler, but as I said, he shouldn't have to, so it's really a moot point.

Kronner tried everything possible to make that a clean hit by todays rules, he could have used his shoulder and completely crushed that loser. years ago, Stevens would have ended keslers career . When you hit someone you step or pop into them to brace for the hit and kesler isn't a small guy. It's just unfortunate that Kronner left his feet. If Shanny looks at that he has to look at the knee on knee with Zetterberg. As for loserboy bieksa saying it was a dirty sneaky hit just look at him hitting Filpula while Filpula already was fighting for the puck with his head down against another canuck.

im reading that there will be no suspension or fine for the hit. as there should not be.

Detroit Sports Nation and MLive report Kronner will not receive a fine nor suspension for the legal hit.

I just caught that hit on youtube. HOLY HELL! Kesler got absolutely destroyed by that thing of beauty :yowza: That plastering looked even harder than the beating Havlat took, if that's even possible.

I think the funniest part was Raymond getting bulldozed by Franzen after he knocked off Nick's helmet and then Kesler falling over his teammate onto his face trying to get after Kronner. What a friggen clown. As far as Kronner answering the bell, when exactly was that going to happen? Kesler looked like a ****** charging at him when the refs had them both basically tied up. What, is Kronner suppose to shake off the ref, drop his gloves, and fight Kesler because of a perfectly awesome, clean hit? Nick's expression of WTF guy? said it all. Keep your head up next time and go sit the F down!!!!!

Why must players try to fight after a clean hit? Honestly just take the hit, take the number and try to retaliate and catch him clean. Just cause youre embarrassed that he got you with your head down doesnt mean you need to try to gain your pride back and fight.

I didn't see the hit or the game (yet), but I honestly believe that Nik is not the type who is going to drop the gloves after a hit - or anytime. It's not in his nature to do that. And why should he have to fight to justify a legal hit anyway?

I saw something a bit ago that says Vancouver is the most hated team in the NHL. After the complaining about last night, I think I can see why. Although I honestly thought it might be either s***sburgh or maybe Philly. Shows you what I know.

Here is why he is how he is...

Despite growing up in Michigan, he was a Minnesota North Stars fan.[11] As a young hockey player, Kesler looked up to North Stars center and fellow Livonia native Mike Modano as a role model. He has also listed Joe Sakic of the Quebec Nordiques and Colorado Avalanche as a favorite player and team during his childhood. - Wikipedia

..ok, it's fine to admire you hometown hero, and hell, even root for him. But to grow up in the Detroit hockey market and claim to be an Avalanche fan...no there is where the problem is.

After two seasons with the USNTDP, Kesler accepted a scholarship to play college hockey at Ohio State University for the Ohio State Buckeyes of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). -wikipedia

...buckeye, need I say more?

He also was tutored while earning his high school diploma while playing with the US National Team Development Program...can you say pampered *****?

So there are a few reason's why he feels that he should not get hit like that...pansy.

Edited by LeftWinger

Leaving his feet was only part of the reason he got suspended. The main reason was because the principle point of contact was the head. In the Kronwall hit the principle point is not the head. Big difference

I honestly have always disliked Kesler because he whines, cries and is cheap. I can honestly tell you that although I'd probably cheer for him if he were a Wing I would do so begrudgingly. It's no different than how a lot of people felt when Bertuzzi was signed. Some Wings' fans hated him but were torn because part of them would want him to do well simply because he's a Wing.

Despite how good he is or can be I would still really prefer he never became a Wing.

Also, all this crap about Kronwall not fighting Kesler is being way overblown. Kronwall laid a big hit and it's not like he then turtled or ran away. He made his hit, got up and moved on. The refs were in between Kesler and Kronwall almost right away. Plus, at that stage Kronwall has nothing to gain by fighting. All it would do is take him off the ice for 5 mins.

no, as explained in the video the ONLY thing he was suspended for was leaving his feet. You can go back and watch it a million times and you will hear the same thing over and over.

I'm actually surprised after all these years of big hits that no one has just grabbed Kronner and started drilling him in the face, penalty be damned. Especially since Detroit really doesn't have anyone to stop it.

esteef

I've thought the same thing.

Whoa guys, Kesler just called out one of our Detroit Red Wings......should we riot?

I think it has more to do with Kesler being one of the biggest idiots in the league. Kesler knew that Kronwall would never fight him that is why he went after him. If Weber had nailed him he would have been rolling around on the ice screaming headshot. He is a piece of s*** and he fits in well in Vancouver.