• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:15 PM

Then what happens if Kronner breaks his hand and is out for weeks? It's not worth it. I about had a heart attack when Datsyuk dropped em with Perry. It was awesomely terrifying.

Injuries are a part of the game. Kronwall is more likely to get injured when someone cheapshots him in retaliation than he would be in a fight against Kesler or a Havlat.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:17 PM

Injuries are a part of the game. Kronwall is more likely to get injured when someone cheapshots him in retaliation than he would be in a fight against Kesler or a Havlat.

Injuries are a part of the game, but injuries from fighting are avoidable.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

Injuries are a part of the game, but injuries from fighting are avoidable.

Sure, by running away from Ryan Kesler.

But it just doesn't look good for him and makes the team look bad. Kronwall shouldn't be afraid of Kesler.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:39 PM

And any hit that deserves a suspension probably deserves a fight too.

if fistric was suspended for leaving his feet during the hit; that is after contact; and kronwall is clearly off the ice before contact then how wouldn't kronwall be suspended?

Leaving his feet was only part of the reason he got suspended. The main reason was because the principle point of contact was the head. In the Kronwall hit the principle point is not the head. Big difference

oh come on now, if kesler were a wing we'd all love him.

I honestly have always disliked Kesler because he whines, cries and is cheap. I can honestly tell you that although I'd probably cheer for him if he were a Wing I would do so begrudgingly. It's no different than how a lot of people felt when Bertuzzi was signed. Some Wings' fans hated him but were torn because part of them would want him to do well simply because he's a Wing.

Despite how good he is or can be I would still really prefer he never became a Wing.

Also, all this crap about Kronwall not fighting Kesler is being way overblown. Kronwall laid a big hit and it's not like he then turtled or ran away. He made his hit, got up and moved on. The refs were in between Kesler and Kronwall almost right away. Plus, at that stage Kronwall has nothing to gain by fighting. All it would do is take him off the ice for 5 mins.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#25 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

But it just doesn't look good for him and makes the team look bad. Kronwall shouldn't be afraid of Kesler.

Why, let me break it down for you why this was the BEST decision to not fight after that hit;
a.) you just stopped a breakout on one of the best two way players, i mean, the play completely stopped. Guess what, kronner did his job.
b.) fighting injuries, as said earlier, are avoidable injuries. If you want to fight after you just got hit, you better be damn sure that hit was illegal. Kronners, as said many times before, is not an illegal hit. Kronner admits that he left his feet, not purposely but obviously when you step up on someone like that you're going to propel into them, it can be accidental.
c.) we got a powerplay out of it, why? Because Kesler was acting like an idiot. Understandable, you were just laid out by Kronner, but guess what instead of crying because you got hit in a contact spot how about you DON'T take a penalty and go score a goal. Beat them with skill, not taking stupid penalties.

I'm sorry, but absolutely nothing Kesler did after that hit was acceptable. His temper was up, obviously, but you can't let things like that take over your discipline. It's an immature move, especially from one of the highly skilled players in our league. It's just another reason why Vancouver doesn't go all the way and falls short, they don't have the discipline or maturity. Small things like this don't win championships, i don't care how small or big of a problem it is, I wouldn't allow my players to act like a bunch of teenagers on the ice under my watch.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

Kronner didn't run anywhere. Ref had him from the beginning, he just simply chose not to drop them....and why should he have to? Too bad Mick wasn't commentating or he'd have been asking why people are taking exception to good hits. It happens all the time. I do agree it may make him look 'bad' because he wouldn't oblige Kesler, but as I said, he shouldn't have to, so it's really a moot point.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#27 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Kronner tried everything possible to make that a clean hit by todays rules, he could have used his shoulder and completely crushed that loser. years ago, Stevens would have ended keslers career . When you hit someone you step or pop into them to brace for the hit and kesler isn't a small guy. It's just unfortunate that Kronner left his feet. If Shanny looks at that he has to look at the knee on knee with Zetterberg. As for loserboy bieksa saying it was a dirty sneaky hit just look at him hitting Filpula while Filpula already was fighting for the puck with his head down against another canuck.

#28 ace76

ace76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

Where is Darren Mcarty when you need him ?

#29 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

im reading that there will be no suspension or fine for the hit. as there should not be.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#30 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

im reading that there will be no suspension or fine for the hit. as there should not be.

Detroit Sports Nation and MLive report Kronner will not receive a fine nor suspension for the legal hit.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Why should he have to answer the bell for clean hard hits? Sure he left his feet last night, but he didn't target the head. Wah wah wah Kesler....wah wah wah
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Bieksa's response to the hit was even worse. At least Kesler thought it was a good hit...

#33 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

kronner shoulda fought him, egg him on so kesler takes an instigator.

#34 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

"...hey bud.You can annoy anyone from the Wings,but in case of #55 just keep your mouth shut.

Sincerely Ryan Clowe..."

:ph34r:

#35 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

I just caught that hit on youtube. HOLY HELL! Kesler got absolutely destroyed by that thing of beauty :yowza: That plastering looked even harder than the beating Havlat took, if that's even possible.

I think the funniest part was Raymond getting bulldozed by Franzen after he knocked off Nick's helmet and then Kesler falling over his teammate onto his face trying to get after Kronner. What a friggen clown. As far as Kronner answering the bell, when exactly was that going to happen? Kesler looked like a ****** charging at him when the refs had them both basically tied up. What, is Kronner suppose to shake off the ref, drop his gloves, and fight Kesler because of a perfectly awesome, clean hit? Nick's expression of WTF guy? said it all. Keep your head up next time and go sit the F down!!!!!
You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#36 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

Why must players try to fight after a clean hit? Honestly just take the hit, take the number and try to retaliate and catch him clean. Just cause youre embarrassed that he got you with your head down doesnt mean you need to try to gain your pride back and fight.

#37 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

I didn't see the hit or the game (yet), but I honestly believe that Nik is not the type who is going to drop the gloves after a hit - or anytime. It's not in his nature to do that. And why should he have to fight to justify a legal hit anyway?

I saw something a bit ago that says Vancouver is the most hated team in the NHL. After the complaining about last night, I think I can see why. Although I honestly thought it might be either s***sburgh or maybe Philly. Shows you what I know.
Posted Image

#38 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:33 PM

Here is why he is how he is...

Despite growing up in Michigan, he was a Minnesota North Stars fan.[11] As a young hockey player, Kesler looked up to North Stars center and fellow Livonia native Mike Modano as a role model. He has also listed Joe Sakic of the Quebec Nordiques and Colorado Avalanche as a favorite player and team during his childhood. - Wikipedia

..ok, it's fine to admire you hometown hero, and hell, even root for him. But to grow up in the Detroit hockey market and claim to be an Avalanche fan...no there is where the problem is.

After two seasons with the USNTDP, Kesler accepted a scholarship to play college hockey at Ohio State University for the Ohio State Buckeyes of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). -wikipedia

...buckeye, need I say more?

He also was tutored while earning his high school diploma while playing with the US National Team Development Program...can you say pampered *****?

So there are a few reason's why he feels that he should not get hit like that...pansy.

Edited by LeftWinger, 22 December 2011 - 07:33 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#39 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:02 PM

Kesler is a whiny baby. No wonder so many players dont like him. It doesnt matter to me if were both from Livonia, hes a punk.

#40 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:36 AM

Leaving his feet was only part of the reason he got suspended. The main reason was because the principle point of contact was the head. In the Kronwall hit the principle point is not the head. Big difference

I honestly have always disliked Kesler because he whines, cries and is cheap. I can honestly tell you that although I'd probably cheer for him if he were a Wing I would do so begrudgingly. It's no different than how a lot of people felt when Bertuzzi was signed. Some Wings' fans hated him but were torn because part of them would want him to do well simply because he's a Wing.

Despite how good he is or can be I would still really prefer he never became a Wing.

Also, all this crap about Kronwall not fighting Kesler is being way overblown. Kronwall laid a big hit and it's not like he then turtled or ran away. He made his hit, got up and moved on. The refs were in between Kesler and Kronwall almost right away. Plus, at that stage Kronwall has nothing to gain by fighting. All it would do is take him off the ice for 5 mins.

no, as explained in the video the ONLY thing he was suspended for was leaving his feet. You can go back and watch it a million times and you will hear the same thing over and over.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter