• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Your MVP Thus Far

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

So, we're nearing the halfway mark of the season. Who is your pick for MVP of the team thus far?

I say Howard, without any real doubt. Datsyuk has been great, Filppula has been quite good, and everyone else save Ericsson and Kindl has been playing notably well, but Howard has really been outstanding. He's clearly possessed of enormous confidence this season. As much as I hate to make this comparison, the sort of confident swagger he's got reminds me of Patrick Roy a bit (without the dickheadedness, naturally).

Guest irishock

1.Howard

2.Datsyuk

3.Lidstrom

For us to win our division and be a legit threat in the playoffs, Henrik Z. has to be up there by the end of the season.

1. Lidstrom

2. Datsyuk

3. Howard

Jimmy Howard has been extremely solid for the Wings all season long, but I don't think he is our best. Watching every game, it seems as though Nick is still the guy for the Wings. Out in all situations, always in the right spot, controlling the flow of the game for the Wings, making the right passes and, most importantly, keeping things going for the Wings. IMO everything he does exemplifies what this team is about, which is illustrated by his desire to compete his absolute best and win. To me, he is still our best player.

I picked Pavel as a close number 2 because, like Nick, Pavel is one of the few that show up night in and night out. He did not have a great start offensively, but he was still giving it his all, backchecking well and doing all the little things. And quite a while ago he picked it up offensively and he is right up there with the lead leaders, and is throwing his body around, winning faceoofs, and is dominant every single shift.

I picked Jimmy for 3 because, even though he has been absolutely outstanding, I do not think he has "won" as many games for the wings as people make it out to be. He is definitely doing his job better than all other goalies, but I still do not think he is our best player.

For a nice change of pace, today I swim with the tide and hop on the Howie Bandwagon. Not only has he been consistently playing lights out, he has a fire in his belly. It's a spark the Wings desperately need. Can't wait to see the pugilist in him come out again, preferrably against HWSNBN.

No offense to Nick - he certainly helps Howie greatly to perform his job and I will take to my bed and weep inconsolably for weeks on end upon his retirement, but at this moment in time, Jimmah is the man.

Jimmy. He's been so strong that I can't remember the last bad goal he let in. Seems like most of the goals we've let in have been a result of tips, screens or odd man rushes with the occasional 2-on-0 thanks to a bad pinch... or crazy bouncy pucks.

He's been money.

1. Howard

2. Datsyuk

3. Lidstrom

Everyone else save Ericsson has been playing well, though Zetterberg has struggled a bit. Abdelkader and Helm play well but don't seem as effective as they have been in the past, but I'm sure they'll kick it up a notch. Flip has been great and been the surprise this season, but he's not carrying games like the three I picked.

I have to say Jim Howard, but there's a real close run for the top from Pasha (of course), Ian White and Flip, and I have to also include a tip of the hat to Drew Miller. He's been one of the unsung heroes.

HOWARD for sure , and that's why they need to protect him from getting run all the time. With out Howie we are mediocre because all of our forwards aren't firing on all cylinders right now. When they do look out NHL. Sooo much talent on this team minus a couple players.

Jimmy howards point totals aren't where they need to be, but I'm glad to see he has quite the physical edge. Normally I'd go with Lidas or Datsyuk, but even though Jimmy might be lacking in the secondary scoring, his other stats are eye poppin'.

Jimmy howards point totals aren't where they need to be, but I'm glad to see he has quite the physical edge. Normally I'd go with Lidas or Datsyuk, but even though Jimmy might be lacking in the secondary scoring, his other stats are eye poppin'.

Dammit jimmy get off the ball and score more! Stop being such a lazy ass and staying in our own zone the entire game! :D

Maybe a 58-win season could get him on the All-Star ballot next year. <_<

Er... you thinking of Juwan Howard?

1.Howard

2.Datsyuk

3.Lidstrom

For us to win our division and be a legit threat in the playoffs, Henrik Z. has to be up there by the end of the season.

Z might not be scoring like he use to but he is setting up Flip very nicely lately.

Without a doubt the MVP for this team is Howard. Without him the Wings would fighting to stay the eighth spot IMO.