• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DRW Dominance

What this team needs!

Rate this topic

I didn't really want to start a thread about this but it is very true.

This team for the regular season anyway needs to learn how to get some of their losses in OT.

We are one of a few teams who get little to no points by losing in OT and it could honestly cost us this division.

We could be right up there with CHI if we had accomplished this amazing feat.

I get what you're saying but I really have to agree with Cevari at least a little bit. Wings can't win EVERY Game but yes it would be nice to get as many points as we can so yes I'd obviously rather take an OT Loss than a Regulation Loss. As a team you fight for every point every game, I'm sure the Wings would love to force some of these regulation games into OT and at least get a point but it's really easier said than done. Every game is a grinde and the season is a gride, I haven't given up on the Wings POSSIBLY catching up to the Hawks and taking the Central Division again but this team has struggled the biggest goal would be for them to just get the points that they can get and improve throuhout this season.

Defensively the team is more than fine. They've addressed the problems of previous seasons and in my mind we have one of the top few defenses in the league. Focus needs to shift to a reliable second line scorer. It's nice to have depth scoring from everywhere, but we need at least one player who can consistently pot a goal outside of Datsyuk and Franzen.

Defensively the team is more than fine. They've addressed the problems of previous seasons and in my mind we have one of the top few defenses in the league. Focus needs to shift to a reliable second line scorer. It's nice to have depth scoring from everywhere, but we need at least one player who can consistently pot a goal outside of Datsyuk and Franzen.

I strongley disagree that Franzen can consistenly score goals.

I understand what your saying bud, but the wings only have one loss in OT. Which means they have won the rest of the games that have went into OT getting the full 2 points.

sorry i should have specified a little bit in my OP.

the losing part was a bit sarcastic, the rest a bit out of anger.

it bothers me looking at the standings, seeing the Wings with the most regulation time wins and not being atop the division, conference, or league.

just irked i guess.

This is why the league should go back to 5 on 5 OT, with no points for OT losses.

Scrap the shootout.

Then you won't have these types of discrepancies in the standings.

I agree completely. Only thing i'd improve is to make it a 10 minute 5 on 5 and then a tie, the shootout isn't a way to decide a game.

Quite simply this team needs a straight up scorer. Not a solid two way forward.

A sniper who can pot 35 - 40 goals.

This team struggles to score consistently. Mule is becoming the epitome of this team.

On fire one week, a ghost for 3.

This team struggles to score consistently. Mule is becoming the epitome of this team.

When it comes to what this teem needs, I used to be torn between a shooter/scorer/sniper and a power/top-six dirty work winger. I still believe the Wings need another power winger as opposed to a sniper. A guy in the mold of Laich/Clowe/Doan, etc. If the Wings want to make a deep run into the playoffs, that kind of player will do wonders in a playoff environment.

It's amazing how soft Franzen is on the puck.

He has a great shot and that's it. His work ethic is laughable. Reminds me of Robert Lang out there lumbering around.

When it comes to what this teem needs, I used to be torn between a shooter/scorer/sniper and a power/top-six dirty work winger. I still believe the Wings need another power winger as opposed to a sniper. A guy in the mold of Laich/Clowe/Doan, etc. If the Wings want to make a deep run into the playoffs, that kind of player will do wonders in a playoff environment.

Actually, we need both. If you look at our top 6 we are not doing service to the talents of Z and D. Especially Datsyuk. At least Zetterberg has Filpula who has been playing very good hockey. Franzen... too much of a no show night in and night out. Hudler and Bert in the top 6 pretty much says how far the wings will go this year.

Edited by clutchngrab

Guest Crymson

Whoa dude... Comparing Mule to Shanny in front of a public of Wings fans is one of the best ways to ask for trouble.

It's an apt comparison. Shanahan was notoriously streaky, especially in the playoffs. Mule, at least, is not at all streaky in the playoffs.

Mule, at least, is not at all streaky in the playoffs.

Um, of his last 24 playoff games, Franzen has scored in 5 of them. Like GMR said, Franzen has an incredible shot, one of the best in the league. But that is literally all he has. It's okay if he is a streaky goal scorer if he does other things than score goals, but he doesn't.

Guest irishock

Question is, will Holland land the Wings their 'need' during the season or via free agency?

Guest Crymson

Um, of his last 24 playoff games, Franzen has scored in 5 of them. Like GMR said, Franzen has an incredible shot, one of the best in the league. But that is literally all he has. It's okay if he is a streaky goal scorer if he does other things than score goals, but he doesn't.

OK, sure, so he's widely known as one of the best playoff performers of the last four years for nothing. You go, champ.

OK, sure, so he's widely known as one of the best playoff performers of the last four years for nothing. You go, champ.

Much of the last 2 years has been paying lip service to the 2 years previous, when he was a dominate force in the playoffs. But not to worry, he has 9 years left on his contract to get back on track.