• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Datsyuk #1 on TSN's Top-Ten Most Skilled Active Players

Rate this topic

Well deserved. I remember some other Most Skilled list, might have been from TSN too, but that one was all-time and Datsyuk was I believe the only active player on the list (at like #9).

The moves I marvel most at from him are the ones that never reach the highlight reels. Such as last game when he did som crazy dance-like spinorama while controlling the puck and then feeding a perfect pass to a teammate. It was a just a little moment, didn't lead to a goal, but my jaw was on the floor. I've never seen another player that is as surprising and fun to watch.

"When I learn in Russia it's like we have one puck there, it's not many puck there, and the (something?) always be: 'Protect your puck.'"

A Datsyukian sense of humour.

I loled hard at that.

There isn't to many players in the league anymore that can make people jump up or to the edge of their seat, but this guy does it to me almost every time. You just know something mind blowing is about to happen when he touches the puck, plus I don't know of any other players that can play keep away against an entire line of pro hockey players.

Soooo glad this guy is on our side, GO WINGS GO!!!

Haha I like Shanny's memories of him...

"He sorta came into training camp under the radar and guys were saying 'Have you seen that goofy looking kid, you know, doesn't speak any English, walks with his toes pointed in sorta like Curious George. And he's a really nice kid, he smiles a lot but he doesn't understand anything but he's really good!'"

What I like about Datsyuk is he's one of THE most elite players in the league who is the most humble, least egotistical, with no drive to flash or impress. Of course, he's flashy and impressive anyway. Isn't this the best combination? He's very humble with mountains of skill. The dude racks up more assists than goals most years. I'm glad he got #1 and very surprised. Guys like Datsyuk, due to their lack of self-attention whoring, can easily be overlooked by guys who do push-ups on the ice after scoring goals. So nice to see this humble player recognized for what he is.

What I like about Datsyuk is he's one of THE most elite players in the league who is the most humble, least egotistical, with no drive to flash or impress. Of course, he's flashy and impressive anyway. Isn't this the best combination? He's very humble with mountains of skill. The dude racks up more assists than goals most years. I'm glad he got #1 and very surprised. Guys like Datsyuk, due to their lack of self-attention whoring, can easily be overlooked by guys who do push-ups on the ice after scoring goals. So nice to see this humble player recognized for what he is.

Hmmmmm....I think we had another modest, humble and non-egotistical player like that once.....just can't quite remember his name.....hmmmmmm....for some reason I just keep seeing the #19....who is he again...oh well.