• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Datsyuk #1 on TSN's Top-Ten Most Skilled Active Players

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Hall of fame!

I've got to think that, at this rate, #13 is going to follow #5 up to the rafters.

Edited by Crymson

Hall of fame!

I've got to think that, at this rate, #13 is going to follow #5 up to the rafters.

Another cup before he leaves would seal the deal, but even without that I'd say there's a good chance he'll be up there. Such a special player and pretty much the embodiment of everything the Red Wings are about.

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen learned the hard way that Pavel Datsyuk doesn't want his teammates to give any audible indication that they're open for a pass:

"Don't yell," said Datsyuk quietly. "'I know where you are."

Franzen smiled thinking about it. He is in his third season in the NHL, played in Sweden's elite league and in international competitions, but he hasn't had many linemates who claim to see everything on the ice and then back it up with their play.

"He's sick," said Franzen, using English slang as a compliment. "You think that he doesn't see you, but he knows exactly where you are. And he hates when you yell for the puck. Hates it. He wants the other team to forget about you and then he gets you the puck."

And the thing is, he's not being arrogant when he says that...he means it. He's just so coherent of everything that is going on around him...so perceptive. It's one of the qualities he has that drives the competition absolutely nuts. You know that he is in the Top Ten all-time Wings scorers, and climbing the list every day...almost a point-per-game career average. He will most likely pass Ted Lindsay to make #7 on the list by the end of the season. I know a lot of players who'd kill for that. Hall of Fame - you bet. Hanging in the rafters - I'd not be surprised.

Edited by Kira

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen learned the hard way that Pavel Datsyuk doesn't want his teammates to give any audible indication that they're open for a pass:

"Don't yell," said Datsyuk quietly. "'I know where you are."

Franzen smiled thinking about it. He is in his third season in the NHL, played in Sweden's elite league and in international competitions, but he hasn't had many linemates who claim to see everything on the ice and then back it up with their play.

"He's sick," said Franzen, using English slang as a compliment. "You think that he doesn't see you, but he knows exactly where you are. And he hates when you yell for the puck. Hates it. He wants the other team to forget about you and then he gets you the puck."

hahah thats awesome.

Who is better at finding a way to get the job done surrounded by triple coverage? The Magic Man (Pav) or Megatron (Calvin Johnson)?

Just a rhetorical question. I just remember watching some highlights of both where my family would say the same thing at times, "Yup. Double, actually TRIPLE coverage. Doesn't matter."

Who is better at finding a way to get the job done surrounded by triple coverage? The Magic Man (Pav) or Megatron (Calvin Johnson)?

Just a rhetorical question. I just remember watching some highlights of both where my family would say the same thing at times, "Yup. Double, actually TRIPLE coverage. Doesn't matter."

Megatron scored a TD against Dallas Cowboys in triple coverage.

Hall of fame!

Do you think #40 will as well?

I honestly think his number will be up there too.

Edited by Nevermind