• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:02 PM

I don't know about that. He should be up around where is now. The dude just has the game figured out on the offensive end.

He puts up points but I don't think he has the moves that half the doods on that list do.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#22 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:41 PM

What I like about Datsyuk is he's one of THE most elite players in the league who is the most humble, least egotistical, with no drive to flash or impress. Of course, he's flashy and impressive anyway. Isn't this the best combination? He's very humble with mountains of skill. The dude racks up more assists than goals most years. I'm glad he got #1 and very surprised. Guys like Datsyuk, due to their lack of self-attention whoring, can easily be overlooked by guys who do push-ups on the ice after scoring goals. So nice to see this humble player recognized for what he is.

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

What I like about Datsyuk is he's one of THE most elite players in the league who is the most humble, least egotistical, with no drive to flash or impress. Of course, he's flashy and impressive anyway. Isn't this the best combination? He's very humble with mountains of skill. The dude racks up more assists than goals most years. I'm glad he got #1 and very surprised. Guys like Datsyuk, due to their lack of self-attention whoring, can easily be overlooked by guys who do push-ups on the ice after scoring goals. So nice to see this humble player recognized for what he is.

Hmmmmm....I think we had another modest, humble and non-egotistical player like that once.....just can't quite remember his name.....hmmmmmm....for some reason I just keep seeing the #19....who is he again...oh well.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#24 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:25 PM

My favorite Datsyukian deke. :) (Sorry if already posted, haven't read all this thread)

#25 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:21 PM

Hmmmmm....I think we had another modest, humble and non-egotistical player like that once.....just can't quite remember his name.....hmmmmmm....for some reason I just keep seeing the #19....who is he again...oh well.

He is definitely Stevie Y 2.0

#26 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hall of fame!

I've got to think that, at this rate, #13 is going to follow #5 up to the rafters.

Edited by Crymson, 08 January 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#27 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hall of fame!

I've got to think that, at this rate, #13 is going to follow #5 up to the rafters.

Another cup before he leaves would seal the deal, but even without that I'd say there's a good chance he'll be up there. Such a special player and pretty much the embodiment of everything the Red Wings are about.

#28 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen learned the hard way that Pavel Datsyuk doesn't want his teammates to give any audible indication that they're open for a pass:

"Don't yell," said Datsyuk quietly. "'I know where you are."

Franzen smiled thinking about it. He is in his third season in the NHL, played in Sweden's elite league and in international competitions, but he hasn't had many linemates who claim to see everything on the ice and then back it up with their play.

"He's sick," said Franzen, using English slang as a compliment. "You think that he doesn't see you, but he knows exactly where you are. And he hates when you yell for the puck. Hates it. He wants the other team to forget about you and then he gets you the puck."

#29 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

And the thing is, he's not being arrogant when he says that...he means it. He's just so coherent of everything that is going on around him...so perceptive. It's one of the qualities he has that drives the competition absolutely nuts. You know that he is in the Top Ten all-time Wings scorers, and climbing the list every day...almost a point-per-game career average. He will most likely pass Ted Lindsay to make #7 on the list by the end of the season. I know a lot of players who'd kill for that. Hall of Fame - you bet. Hanging in the rafters - I'd not be surprised.

Edited by Kira, 09 January 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Posted Image

#30 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Dastyuk... nuff said :)

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#31 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Detroit Red Wings forward Johan Franzen learned the hard way that Pavel Datsyuk doesn't want his teammates to give any audible indication that they're open for a pass:

"Don't yell," said Datsyuk quietly. "'I know where you are."

Franzen smiled thinking about it. He is in his third season in the NHL, played in Sweden's elite league and in international competitions, but he hasn't had many linemates who claim to see everything on the ice and then back it up with their play.

"He's sick," said Franzen, using English slang as a compliment. "You think that he doesn't see you, but he knows exactly where you are. And he hates when you yell for the puck. Hates it. He wants the other team to forget about you and then he gets you the puck."

hahah thats awesome.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

Who is better at finding a way to get the job done surrounded by triple coverage? The Magic Man (Pav) or Megatron (Calvin Johnson)?

Just a rhetorical question. I just remember watching some highlights of both where my family would say the same thing at times, "Yup. Double, actually TRIPLE coverage. Doesn't matter."

#33 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

Who is better at finding a way to get the job done surrounded by triple coverage? The Magic Man (Pav) or Megatron (Calvin Johnson)?

Just a rhetorical question. I just remember watching some highlights of both where my family would say the same thing at times, "Yup. Double, actually TRIPLE coverage. Doesn't matter."

Megatron scored a TD against Dallas Cowboys in triple coverage.

#34 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hall of fame!

Do you think #40 will as well?

I honestly think his number will be up there too.

Edited by Nevermind, 10 January 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#35 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Megatron scored a TD against Dallas Cowboys in triple coverage.

I know. What made you think I didn't know that?

#36 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

I know. What made you think I didn't know that?

Your avatar :)