2 replies to this topic

#1 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:03 PM

Anyone?
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#2 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Not exactly sure here but i'm assuming you are talking about Battlefield 3, which I do own on 360 and much prefer over Call of Duty these days.

Considering "anyone?" is very open ended i'm just gonna ramble a little bit and try to cover all aspects. I do enjoy the multiplayer aside from the blinding tactical lights which need to be patched and toned down a bit. I played pretty regularly from the day it was released until Skyrim was released which continued to consume my personal life.

As for my comment above, let me reiterate before I get yelled at by a bunch of Modern Warfare fans. One thing Battlefield did do this time around is something Call of Duty has been screaming for, built an entirely new game engine. They created the Frostbite 2 engine to launch with the new game, everything looks sharper, the game plays better, and still maintains the best sound effects of any game that exists today. Call of Duty has been recycling the same game engine from Call of Duty 4 and in my opinion, it's time to scrap it and rebuild it. Four games later and it still looks and feels the same as all the other games, and that's pretty much why I lost interest in it.

What you get with Battlefield is more of a realistic combat experience. It's multiplayer is much larger, players and map sizes, and you aren't limited to the run and gun gameplay. There's vehicles, cool technology and a wide variety of equipment that keeps you entertained. For my money, Battlefield offers the more tactical and realistic war experience. I mean come on.. there's ten scopes for each sniper rifle alone, you don't come close to that kind of depth in Call of Duty. Will you use them all? Probably not, but having the option is nice.

Not trying to turn this into a flame war between which is the better game, i'm just offering up my take on the game and why I play it over Call of Duty. I don't dislike COD, but I do like Battlefield better. If the developers at Infinity Ward do decide to take their massive profits and create a new game engine, then i'll give it another shot. It really just needs change at this point.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#3 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

I agree. My regret is not buying this game before wasting my money on MW3.

At first I was excited for MW3 because I did enjoy Black Ops and was hoping for some carry over from one company to the other (seeing as how I think Treyarch got a lot of things right to give the game more shelf-life), but as I started playing it I couldn't help but feel I've already done this before and just wasn't that interested in it after maybe a week. There's $60 down the drain for me. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun in small doses and they (IW) did add a few things that was popular in Black Ops but in their own style, but I just couldn't get into it.

Luckily with the help of a friend I was able to get a used copy at Gamestop for $12 (was $40 on the shelf), and have been in love with it. I played a lot of BF2 back in the day and loved it, also played BC2, and this game is the best of both worlds. I just can't say enough good things about it. The new engine is awesome. Unbelievable job on Dice's part. The graphics, sounds, range of ground and air vehicles, weapons and gadgets, building destruction, all great. Another big plus for me is the dedicated servers over MW3's P2P servers. Much, much better. I also like the fact that they remade and brought back some old maps from BF2. They look great.

One of the bad things I have to say about this game is the lack of in-game instructions/tutorials for vehicles like heli's and jets, so you have to learn on the fly (pun intended), but make sure to switch your jet/heli controls to legacy. I don't know why they decided to make the default flying more difficult than in the past. Also, you can't join empty servers to practice flying on console but you can join empty servers on PC, making the learning curve more difficult for console users as they not only have to beat out teammates to grab an air vehicle, but learn to fly as it seems you're instantly having to evade lock-ons/heatseekers and constantly being in dogfights, learn to strafe control points, make timely runs at destroying tanks, etc. Once you get it down though it's fun as hell.

Another thing is Operation Metro is a s*** map if you have a bad team lol.

I'd also like to point out that PC graphics are far superior (obviously) than console since I believe the game was specifically made for PC then ported to console before release. Eventually I plan on getting it for PC as well even though I hate the interface Origin uses. I just think this type of game, while more fun and better than MW3 IMO, is more suited for PC gameplay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users