• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT : Blues 0 at Detroit Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

After last night's debacle this game better contain a better effort from the Wings. Will be a close one as the Blues are no joke and have turned into a legitimate contender for the central title and have one of the best goalies in the league this season.

Wings 2 (Miller, Flip)

Blues 1 (Shattenkirk)

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game losing streak

Home: 11-game winning streak (1 shutout)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. St. Louis

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Home: 1-game winning streak

Last Ten Games - Current Regular-Season

Overall: 6W-4L

Home: 10W-0L

Last Ten Games - Current Regular-Season v. St. Louis

Overall: 6W-4

Home: 5W-4L-1OTL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the only game of a one-game home stand

Record v. St. Louis

All-time Record v. St. Louis

All-time, Overall

265G: 113W1081L-37T-1RT-3OTL-3SOL

All-time Home v. St. Louis

132G: 65W-47L-17T-0RT-1OTL-2SOL

Season Record v. St. Louis

This is the 4th game, of six, v. St. Louis this season. The Club's record in the previous 3 games:

1W-2L

This is the 2nd home game, of three, v. St. Louis this season. The Club's record in the previous game:

1W

Record on this Day

December 31

This is the 65th regular-season game played on this day, the most of any calendar day. The Club's record in the previous 64 games:

33W-22L-8T-0RT-1SOL

This is the 59th regular-season home game played on this day, the most of any calendar day. The Club's record in the previous 58 games:

29W-21L-7T-1OTL

This is the 4th regular-season game played v. St. Louis on this day. The Club's record in the previous four games:

3W-1L

LGW.

I'll be at this one, anyone else going?

Have a great time! Same to all of you going tonight.

I'll be at the Griffins game so I'll be checking on the score here. After last night and the way we played against St. Louis the other night I'm hoping for a great game to start the new year.

Go Wings!!

Guest Save The Octopus

Nothing short of a merciless beating will be acceptable. After last night, this team should be ready to dominate.

Ugh... do I watch the stream on my computer? Or watch it on tv with Panger screaming in my ear about Perron and if Oshie were in the lineup?

But it's also NYE - I might be out with the husband for the evening too. I want a good solid game - goals by Pasha and Whitey, with 50+ SOG against Elliot to make up for the fact he'll get the L on my fantasy team :hehe:

Thankfully the game is at home, where the Wings typically perform well. One thing I have noticed over the past several games is that the Zetterberg line has been very quiet and have provided little energy. To add to that, they have been terrible with coverage in our own zone. So tonights game, I am going to expect that they perform at the level that they should be because the only line that establishes the energy it needs to is Pavs line (I am just talking about the top 2 lines here). One thing I have noticed is that Hank's line is usually better at home, but on the road they seem to lack for energy for some reason. Regardless, if the Wings start off slow tonight, I want to see a slight mix- up of lines. Bert has been playing sooooo well with Pavs that I would like to see him play with Pavs and Hank. Meanwhile Franzen has gotten quite stale recently, so maybe he just needs a fresh line.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler

I would try these 2 lines because I think every so often the lines get stale and when Babs makes a couple little changes it usually sparks energy for 10 or so games.

Guest irishock

Really have no clue about the outcome of this game. We could see a motivated Wings team looking to seek for consistency for the first time this season, or we could see us getting outskated for the puck time and time again

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully the Wings have a mad-on after the weak sauce loss last night and ring it up on the Blues for a full sixty minutes, making Elliot look like he did between the pipes for Ottawa. Free curly fries for the new year would be nice as well. Let's Go Wings!

The injury report in the first post is outdated.

Oshie, Sobotka and Langenbrunner are all playing.

Steen is out with concussion-like symptoms.

Is Howard in net tonight?

Elliot is playing for St. Louis.

Edited by cprice12

The injury report in the first post is outdated.

Oshie, Sobotka and Langenbrunner are all playing.

Steen is out with concussion-like symptoms.

Is Howard in net tonight?

Elliot is playing for St. Louis.

According to mlive, Howard will start!

Happy New Year from Germany!

Hope for a good start!

GO WINGS!