• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT : Blues 0 at Detroit Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

I don't think the Wings are playing badly - I just think the Blues are playing thatmuch better. Their checking is brutal this game.

I think you're hitting it on the head. I called out Bert for a giveaway earlier, but the Blues checking has been formidable to say the least, and I've gotta give them credit. The Wings have 2 posts and Huds missed a golden opportunity, but Howie is keeping the Wings in this. It almost seems as if STL is checking with playoff level intensity.

I think this is the same problem I have been preaching the past few games... Our top 2 lines have become very stale. The only thing that stills works well is Bert with Pavs because Bert is using his size to make room for Pavs which has made that line effective. The 2nd line is always hemmed in our zone and is having trouble establishing any forecheck. I would like to see Babs change things up to spark more energy.

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bert

Franzen- Filpulla- Huder

Zetterberg playing with Fil isn't working anymore because Hank tries to carry the puck himself too much, and he simply is not good at that. With Pavs, Hank does not have to worry about carrying the puck and can worry more about being open to get a shot off and Bert will provide more room for the Eurotwins.

Anytime Franzen looks like a ghost for the better part of 10 games, that usually means its time to put him on a different line to give him something newish to work with. He has a history of coming out of his shell when he is put on a new line when things become stale so I think Babcock should use these lines for a while, and then when they get stale switch them up again. IMO that will make the Wings better because their problem right now is not so much making too many mistakes, but more of their top lines having little energy during the game.

Well, not having Helm and Homer and Eaves and Mursak and Conner to chose from might have something to do with it?

This is true. Helm's speed would help to get around the forecheck and nobody is better than Homer in front on the PP.

Seeing the replay of the hit on Abdelkader is ticking me off even more. Someone should have beat the crap out of Cole. If they run Howard I hope somebody channels Probie from his AHL days and cannonballs the opposing goalie.

Great bit by Mick about the pads, though. The new gear is more like motocross armor.

For those watching. It sounds like the wings have been missing opportunities. Is the offence generating chances? Also can i have the low down on howards save?

There have been a few, but nothing sustained, imho. They've had more pressure at our end.

For those watching. It sounds like the wings have been missing opportunities. Is the offence generating chances? Also can i have the low down on howards save?

Couple of posts and Huds missed a golden chance. Two mediocre PPs. As far as Howie, Blues stole the puck and cut across the crease but Howie stuck out his glove and snagged it.