• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT : Blues 0 at Detroit Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Congrats to Jimmy for his 4th shutout. Good win, and a great job to come out in the 2nd after a first where Jimmy kept them in it. Congrats also to the three stars Hudler, Abdelkader, and the well deserved 1st star to Jimmy Howard.

What better way to end the year than with a shutout? :thumbup:

Good game for Jimmy, he was stellar! Hudler's goal was a great shift, really saw that drive that he wanted to score on that shift. Go Wings!

Nice bounce back game for the Wings. Came out strong and dominated the pace. Gave up a lot of shots, but Jimmy stood tall as usual!

Always good when you get the W!

Here's to more of the same in 2012

Try the videos section of hockeyfights.com. He gets in a few decent shots but looks like he takes one and falls down at the end. A pretty short and even fight overall.

Pretty accurate description. Because of the knockdown you may have give him a loss, BUT the point is, Commodore did something that this team NEEDS, stood up for himself and his teammates. He was a huge net-front presence, he threw his body around as much as he could and yes, him being out there with Ericsson has made Ericsson a bit more physical. I seen E throwing his body around more than he has all year.

THIS is what I meant by pleading with Babcock to give Commodore a legit shot. I hope he stays in the lineup for he most part, and no offense to Kindl, but I hope Ericsson keeps playing this way and even more. I am beginning to conclude that this may make Kindl expendable come deadline.

Also, all you guys who were ragging on Miller, saying he is just a useless commodity, he doesn't bring much of anything to the game, well, even his toughest critics can attest that he has been playing awesome since Conner went out and he was moved up to the third line. Even Abdelkader has thrived with more ice time. I would venture to say with Miller, Helm, Abby, Eaves, Conner, Cleary and throw in Holmstrom along with whichever rookie is playing, we have one of the hardest working and best 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL, no matter which combo you throw out there. My only concern is who goes back down to GRR when Mursak and Eaves get healthy. No problem for Andersson or Nyquist clearing. But either Conner or Emmerton will have to go back down at that point and right now I'd hate to lose EITHER of them to waivers.

I am glad that both Franzen and Hudler scored last night, but I am still tired of their inconsistency and would not miss either of them. But that is just my opinion,I do like when Franzen plays like the superstar he is supposed to be, but he is far from elite status. IMO he, Hudler and Kindl can all be offered around at the deadline, but I do believe Franzen is here to stay.

Still wondering if there is a suspension coming for Cole, for the head hit on Abdelkader. According to Cole, Abby put his own head into Cole's innocent shoulder. It's the Pronger Theory of intent to injure -- make it the other player's fault. :lol:

all Abby's fault!

The hit might result in disciplinary action (fine or suspension) from NHL vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.

"I don’t like the hit, the hit should be a suspension, for sure," Babcock said. "But I thought Abby did a real good job and he played well the last two periods, more ice time. He played against good players and played well."

Said Cole: "I just stepped up. I think he saw me coming at the last second and tried to cut back inside real quick. I had him lined up. I wasn’t going to go high. I wasn’t going to go for the head. I was just going for his shoulder. He tried to cut back and avoid and he put his head right into my shoulder."

we saw what you did, Cole. :ph34r: but nice try!