• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#181 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:29 PM

Congrats to Jimmy for his 4th shutout. Good win, and a great job to come out in the 2nd after a first where Jimmy kept them in it. Congrats also to the three stars Hudler, Abdelkader, and the well deserved 1st star to Jimmy Howard.
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#182 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,227 posts

#3 - Hudler
#2 - Abby
#1 - HOWIE
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#183 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Hope this game is a sign of things to come in 2012. Happy New Year LGW'ers! Stay safe tonight.

#184 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Wonderful! Three cheers for Jimmy!

#185 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

Way to go Wings! Another shutout for the man that is not good enough to play in the All Star game. Wooooooooo Hoooooo!

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#186 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

What better way to end the year than with a shutout? :thumbup:

Good game for Jimmy, he was stellar! Hudler's goal was a great shift, really saw that drive that he wanted to score on that shift. Go Wings!

#187 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:37 PM

as Mick would say "Happy New Gang"

#188 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Great game! Wish I could have watched but way to go Howie and Fritters. Hurdler.....ehh not quite ready yet.

Let's go Wings!
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#189 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Got to see the third at the bowling alley. Good game and congrats Jimmy on the shutout! Happy New Year to all!!

#190 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

Justgotback, great game. Howard was great.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#191 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

I have a bad feeling about tonight game, I hope i'm wrong.

Looks like you were right if you're a Blues fan.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#192 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:45 PM

Nice bounce back game for the Wings. Came out strong and dominated the pace. Gave up a lot of shots, but Jimmy stood tall as usual!

Always good when you get the W!

Here's to more of the same in 2012
Posted Image

#193 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Howard's been great all year.

#194 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

Happy New Year to us all at LGW! Mike, I am so glad you got to go to this game, what an awesome way to usher in the new year.

Go, Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#195 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

Happy New Year to us all at LGW! Mike, I am so glad you got to go to this game, what an awesome way to usher in the new year.

Go, Wings!!

Very good game :thumbup:

#196 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

how was the commodore fight?

i can't find a video of it anywhere.
Posted Image

#197 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:33 AM

Try the videos section of hockeyfights.com. He gets in a few decent shots but looks like he takes one and falls down at the end. A pretty short and even fight overall.

#198 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

Try the videos section of hockeyfights.com. He gets in a few decent shots but looks like he takes one and falls down at the end. A pretty short and even fight overall.

Pretty accurate description. Because of the knockdown you may have give him a loss, BUT the point is, Commodore did something that this team NEEDS, stood up for himself and his teammates. He was a huge net-front presence, he threw his body around as much as he could and yes, him being out there with Ericsson has made Ericsson a bit more physical. I seen E throwing his body around more than he has all year.

THIS is what I meant by pleading with Babcock to give Commodore a legit shot. I hope he stays in the lineup for he most part, and no offense to Kindl, but I hope Ericsson keeps playing this way and even more. I am beginning to conclude that this may make Kindl expendable come deadline.

Also, all you guys who were ragging on Miller, saying he is just a useless commodity, he doesn't bring much of anything to the game, well, even his toughest critics can attest that he has been playing awesome since Conner went out and he was moved up to the third line. Even Abdelkader has thrived with more ice time. I would venture to say with Miller, Helm, Abby, Eaves, Conner, Cleary and throw in Holmstrom along with whichever rookie is playing, we have one of the hardest working and best 3rd and 4th lines in the NHL, no matter which combo you throw out there. My only concern is who goes back down to GRR when Mursak and Eaves get healthy. No problem for Andersson or Nyquist clearing. But either Conner or Emmerton will have to go back down at that point and right now I'd hate to lose EITHER of them to waivers.

I am glad that both Franzen and Hudler scored last night, but I am still tired of their inconsistency and would not miss either of them. But that is just my opinion,I do like when Franzen plays like the superstar he is supposed to be, but he is far from elite status. IMO he, Hudler and Kindl can all be offered around at the deadline, but I do believe Franzen is here to stay.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#199 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,833 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:24 PM

He got TKO'd.

<_<

At least he tried to boost our fighting majors total.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#200 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,477 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 01:34 PM

Still wondering if there is a suspension coming for Cole, for the head hit on Abdelkader. According to Cole, Abby put his own head into Cole's innocent shoulder. It's the Pronger Theory of intent to injure -- make it the other player's fault. :lol:

all Abby's fault!

The hit might result in disciplinary action (fine or suspension) from NHL vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.

"I donít like the hit, the hit should be a suspension, for sure," Babcock said. "But I thought Abby did a real good job and he played well the last two periods, more ice time. He played against good players and played well."

Said Cole: "I just stepped up. I think he saw me coming at the last second and tried to cut back inside real quick. I had him lined up. I wasnít going to go high. I wasnít going to go for the head. I was just going for his shoulder. He tried to cut back and avoid and he put his head right into my shoulder."

we saw what you did, Cole. :ph34r: but nice try!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever