• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#201 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Still wondering if there is a suspension coming for Cole, for the head hit on Abdelkader. According to Cole, Abby put his own head into Cole's innocent shoulder. It's the Pronger Theory of intent to injure -- make it the other player's fault. :lol:

all Abby's fault!

The hit might result in disciplinary action (fine or suspension) from NHL vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan.

"I donít like the hit, the hit should be a suspension, for sure," Babcock said. "But I thought Abby did a real good job and he played well the last two periods, more ice time. He played against good players and played well."

Said Cole: "I just stepped up. I think he saw me coming at the last second and tried to cut back inside real quick. I had him lined up. I wasnít going to go high. I wasnít going to go for the head. I was just going for his shoulder. He tried to cut back and avoid and he put his head right into my shoulder."

we saw what you did, Cole. :ph34r: but nice try!

He has a hearing with Shanny, check the Suspension thread.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#202 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

He has a hearing with Shanny, check the Suspension thread.

esteef

that's good. Let's see whether Shanny thinks Abby deserves a suspension for hitting himself in the head. :P

j/k :D

Abby came back and played well. So it could wind up like the accident I was in a few years back where a drunk driver ran a red light and totalled my car. He got no jail time because "no one died."

edit: spelling

Edited by puckloo39, 01 January 2012 - 02:26 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#203 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:45 PM

The cole hit did not look that bad live. The 4th line was pretty bad last night, and commodore did well except for that horrible showing in the scrap.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter