• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Goalie controversy in Philadelphia brewing?

Rate this topic

And I'm sure fans of most other teams wish they had Holland as GM.

That said, Richards and Carter would not have been traded had it not been for the problems they were causing behind the scenes. Trading major players is never preferable. There is much more to trading than simply swapping players.

Holland is a good/successful GM because he's a perfect fit for the Wings. His style/philosophy has helped maintain a championship franchise longer than anyone thought possible. I wouldn't want to hire him if I was Winnipeg, NYI, Carolina ect....I would hire him if I was Boston, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, ect....hes a maintenance guy and theres nothin wrong with that.

I think Holmgren would have moved players to obtain a #1 goalie regardless of whether Carter or Richards were causing problems. Because they were though was why they were the ones moved.

Guest Crymson

Holland is a good/successful GM because he's a perfect fit for the Wings. His style/philosophy has helped maintain a championship franchise longer than anyone thought possible. I wouldn't want to hire him if I was Winnipeg, NYI, Carolina ect....I would hire him if I was Boston, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, ect....hes a maintenance guy and theres nothin wrong with that.

lol @ "a maintenance guy." The Wings have stayed as good as they have because Holland makes good decisions on drafting, on coaching staff and on players. He's never had to rebuild because he hasn't screwed up like multitudes of other GMs have.

I think Holmgren would have moved players to obtain a #1 goalie regardless of whether Carter or Richards were causing problems. Because they were though was why they were the ones moved.

Feel free to think that, but you'd be wrong. He'd need to have been a complete imbecile to overhaul the team just to get a legit #1 goaltender.

lol @ "a maintenance guy." The Wings have stayed as good as they have because Holland makes good decisions on drafting, on coaching staff and on players. He's never had to rebuild because he hasn't screwed up like multitudes of other GMs have.

Feel free to think that, but you'd be wrong. He'd need to have been a complete imbecile to overhaul the team just to get a legit #1 goaltender.

it has nothing to do with screwing up. there are plenty of GM's who's only job is to rebuild. aka guys like Brian Burke. Holland is NOT one of those guys, and I "lol" at u if u think he is.

well ur wrong there cause he didnt overhaul a team to get a #1 goaltender...he lost 2 great mid aged players in order to get a #1 netminder he desperately needed, sign a new top 6 forward, get 2 other solid forwards, a potential future top 6 forward, a draft pick that got him another potential future top 6 forward, and he got more other draft picks that were also higher than the ones he lost. he didnt have a firesale like in ottawa.

would holland have made all those deals? no. but holland isnt holmgren now is he, and hollands never faced a situation where he has boucher, leighton, and bobrovsky in net.

Guest Crymson

it has nothing to do with screwing up. there are plenty of GM's who's only job is to rebuild. aka guys like Brian Burke. Holland is NOT one of those guys, and I "lol" at u if u think he is.

It's not his job because he's never messed up so badly as to make it necessary. Given that he's never faced a situation in which making major changes is needed, you frankly can't have a clue of how he'd behave in such a case.

well ur wrong there cause he didnt overhaul a team to get a #1 goaltender...he lost 2 great mid aged players in order to get a #1 netminder he desperately needed, sign a new top 6 forward, get 2 other solid forwards, a potential future top 6 forward, a draft pick that got him another potential future top 6 forward, and he got more other draft picks that were also higher than the ones he lost. he didnt have a firesale like in ottawa.

I was disagreeing with what you wrote, so you basically just told yourself that you were wrong.

It's not his job because he's never messed up so badly as to make it necessary. Given that he's never faced a situation in which making major changes is needed, you frankly can't have a clue of how he'd behave in such a case.

I was disagreeing with what you wrote, so you basically just told yourself that you were wrong.

yes obviously his skills are in maintaining a championship franchise so that u dont have to rebuild...hence why we hired a man of such talents...this is the way all businesses work. No I have no idea how he would act in a rebuild situation, but he obviously isnt the type of guy who makes lots of moves and changes like holmgren does. i think thats pretty obvious....

yeah u called overhauling a team for a number 1 net minder "imbecilic"....but YOU were wrong bc that didnt happen. i think i more than proved my point that he made good moves in the offseason and didnt do it JUST to secure a goalie.

Edited by number9