#101 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

and there is the scrum to end it all.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#102 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

wings arent the only ones who get f***ed by the refs

delay of game penalty was horrible
penalty shot call was horrible

flyers choked

was fun though would have liked to see OT

#103 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

I'm not sure about anyone else but it seems like the refs have orders to try to get this thing to OT.

Wow such a blantant bunch of trying to influence the outcome of the game.

Nice to know that I wasn't the only one that thought this.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 02 January 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#104 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

Ooh, fireworks. Bet they don't do that real often after games in the NHL.

#105 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

Wow such a blantant bunch of trying to influence the outcome of the game.

Pretty obvious too, considering the Rags SHOULD have had a PP at the end (embellishment, my ass) and get stuck with 4v4 instead and then have to fight off a PS. Bettman's NHL for ya.

Come on, Henrik, knock Pierre on his ass. Pleeeeeeeease.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#106 Cevari

Cevari

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

That reffing was disgraceful. Glad the Rangers won through it. I expect some ref-perspective in 24/7.

#107 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Great question, Pierre.

"When the Flyers went up 2-0, were you thinking, 'Boy, I better not let in another goal'?"

...riveting.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#108 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Reffing was horrible. This was not just a "entertainment show" but a regular season game that was important and to call that stupid penalty shot was outrageous.

#109 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

That was a great game probably the best one since the first one. Red Wings vs Blackhawks third. I hope the next time they play its on versus or nbc.

Edited by Krayzie_Bone, 02 January 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#110 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

One of those games letting me think I need to stop watching NHL... Important thing are prescribed.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#111 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Wow, Lundqvist sure cleans up nice!!!!! :yowza:

#112 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

On the CBC Elliot Friedman said it was basically a done deal that it's coming to Detroit next year, all thats left is to decide which stadium. The thing that's got me the most excited is HBO 24/7 following the Wings if they do get the classic.

#113 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Good job of Torts calling the refs horrible this game.

#114 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Right :rolleyes:

Actually, it was a holding the stick call. Still a good call.

Posted Image

#115 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Good interview by Torts

#116 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

Good on Tortorella for ripping the officiating even though his team won, it's the only time people listen.

Torts Rips Refs

"PHILADELPHIA -- A feel-good, come-from-behind Winter Classic win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday didn't leave New York Rangers coach John Tortorella completely warm and fuzzy.

The fiery coach basked in the Rangers' 3-2 victory against their Atlantic division rivals but delivered a parting shot at the game's officials.

Tortorella blasted the referees and questioned whether the on-ice crew had their own agenda to make the game more entertaining for the sellout crowd and the viewing audience tuned in at home.

"They're two good referees, (but) I thought the game was reffed horribly," Tortorella said of Ian Walsh and Dennis LaRue. "I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe they wanted to get it to overtime. I'm not sure if they have meetings about that or what, but we stood in there."

"That third period," Tortorella said. "It was disgusting."

The call that drew the most ire was a penalty shot awarded to the Flyers with 19.6 seconds remaining after Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh was whistled for covering the puck in the crease.

Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist stoned Flyers' forward Danny Briere on what would've been the game-tying goal, but made it clear that he thought the call was bogus.

When asked if he thought the penalty shot was awarded to heighten the excitement of an already heavily-hyped game, Lundqvist conceded that it was possible.

"Maybe that's the only reason why he called it," he said. "It would've been tough to swallow if they'd scored but luckily they didn't. There were a couple calls at the end there where I was surprised, honestly."

Tortorella said he felt the officiating deteriorated in the third period with the Rangers leading 3-2.

"I'm not sure if NBC got together with the refs to turn this into an overtime game," Tortorella said. "It started with the non-call on (Marian Gaborik) getting pitch-forked in the stomach. And then everything started going against us."

When asked for a response from director of officiating Terry Gregson, an NHL spokesman said the league would not comment unless they decide to fine Tortorella."

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#117 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Just saw the highlights, great save by Lundqvist at the end. Can't wait to see Episode 4.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#118 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

I am certainly no expert but I thought the officiating was awful, too. I can see why Torts is steamed, win or no win. Otherwise, it was a very entertaining game. Lundqvist was very good, as was Giroux's line. Fun to watch!

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#119 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Good on Tortorella for ripping the officiating even though his team won, it's the only time people listen.

Torts Rips Refs

"PHILADELPHIA -- A feel-good, come-from-behind Winter Classic win over the Philadelphia Flyers on Monday didn't leave New York Rangers coach John Tortorella completely warm and fuzzy.

The fiery coach basked in the Rangers' 3-2 victory against their Atlantic division rivals but delivered a parting shot at the game's officials.

Tortorella blasted the referees and questioned whether the on-ice crew had their own agenda to make the game more entertaining for the sellout crowd and the viewing audience tuned in at home.

"They're two good referees, (but) I thought the game was reffed horribly," Tortorella said of Ian Walsh and Dennis LaRue. "I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe they wanted to get it to overtime. I'm not sure if they have meetings about that or what, but we stood in there."

"That third period," Tortorella said. "It was disgusting."

The call that drew the most ire was a penalty shot awarded to the Flyers with 19.6 seconds remaining after Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh was whistled for covering the puck in the crease.

Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist stoned Flyers' forward Danny Briere on what would've been the game-tying goal, but made it clear that he thought the call was bogus.

When asked if he thought the penalty shot was awarded to heighten the excitement of an already heavily-hyped game, Lundqvist conceded that it was possible.

"Maybe that's the only reason why he called it," he said. "It would've been tough to swallow if they'd scored but luckily they didn't. There were a couple calls at the end there where I was surprised, honestly."

Tortorella said he felt the officiating deteriorated in the third period with the Rangers leading 3-2.

"I'm not sure if NBC got together with the refs to turn this into an overtime game," Tortorella said. "It started with the non-call on (Marian Gaborik) getting pitch-forked in the stomach. And then everything started going against us."

When asked for a response from director of officiating Terry Gregson, an NHL spokesman said the league would not comment unless they decide to fine Tortorella."

esteef

I was thinking the same. Reffin was absolutely favouring Philly at the end of the game.

#120 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Maybe the League wanted the game to get an Emmy Award nomination.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.