• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Caps Have Party Problems

Rate this topic

This is pure rumor and 3rd hand information, but still interesting...

An old roommate of mine has a friend who knows Sam Gagner of Edmonton pretty well and I heard through him what Gagner had to say about Washington this year. Gagner said that the entire Washington team parties hard and parties a lot. That they party too much and it's probably effecting their play. Especially Ovi and Semin. Apparently the only thing Ovi and Semin love more than hockey is cocaine, and a little coke habit would explain the pairs low production this year.

Glad our superstars don't have this problem...if it's true.

...pretty sure that if word about this carried as far as the Edmonton locker room it would be known by the NHL higher ups. Something tells me they wouldn't allow wild coke parties to continue, not to mention the anti-doping rules that result in frequent substance abuse testing. On top of that, I don't think a professional player would disclose any information like that even if it were true to just some common fan to be spread around.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't buy it.

...pretty sure that if word about this carried as far as the Edmonton locker room it would be known by the NHL higher ups. Something tells me they wouldn't allow wild coke parties to continue, not to mention the anti-doping rules that result in frequent substance abuse testing. On top of that, I don't think a professional player would disclose any information like that even if it were true to just some common fan to be spread around.

Not trying to be a jerk but I don't buy it.

Understandable, but I'm pretty sure the anti-doping rules in the NHL are lax. Just look at guys like probert and boogard, and the talk about steriod use from guys like laraque. I have no idea what the actual testing policies are, but ive heard theyre very lax compared to other sports.

Also, I didnt get the impression that ovi and semin were addicted or anything or throwing "wild coke parties"...just that they like to party with coke lol... Fact is many players have friends on other teams and they talk to each other, and information between players may never reach the higher ups. My old boss was and still is close friends with many of the wings from the 90s and he told me a lot of stories he was their to witness and about stories they told him. About guys on the wings and on other teams. Guys sleepin with their teammates wives, wild parties, lockerroom fights, ect. The only way you could know that stuff is if u were their or u had the privledge of being that random person hearing about it. Chelios was sleeping with the canadiens owners wife for months before anyone higher up found out about it! Of course, what gagner heard could have been a rumor to begin with, and of course it may even be true and the higher ups do know about it! lol

Kind of weird, I don't really mention it because I don't put too much stock into these kinds of stories but a buddy of mine use to play Junior with Jason Spezza's brother and he mentioned that Spezza has a bit of a coke habit and that he also tends to spend some big bucks on wild parties involving large amounts of cocaine.. So if by some crazy random happenstance both stories are true it would seem like Cocaine is the drug of choice for NHL Player parties..

Its no secret that NHL players fire it up and party hard ... by no means will I name drop future HOF'ers who I know for a fact hit the friendly slopes occasionally - but its a reality. Theres a reason guys use coke. Firstly its a helluva drug haha - secondly, it clears the system very quickly which makes it more attractive when you might be subject to random drug tests. You just need to go to the Roxy in Vancouver whenever basically ANY team in the NHL end their western swing and has a travel day the next day and see how hard they go. The blackhawks are practically royalty there haha.

Its no secret that NHL players fire it up and party hard ... by no means will I name drop future HOF'ers who I know for a fact hit the friendly slopes occasionally - but its a reality. Theres a reason guys use coke. Firstly its a helluva drug haha - secondly, it clears the system very quickly which makes it more attractive when you might be subject to random drug tests. You just need to go to the Roxy in Vancouver whenever basically ANY team in the NHL end their western swing and has a travel day the next day and see how hard they go. The blackhawks are practically royalty there haha.

Rick James reference. I approve

I have seen some funny stuff in the Roxy, one night after a Columbus - Vancouver game I saw Chimera( when he played for CBJ) almost pound the hell out of some guy for getting in Nash's face. The funny thing is that it was a Vancouver bar and no one wanted to mess with Chimera. Another night I saw Cloutier get booed when he walked in there lol. He was with Matt Cooke, they had one drink and left. Tough crowd.

This is pure rumor and 3rd hand information, but still interesting...

An old roommate of mine has a friend who knows Sam Gagner of Edmonton pretty well and I heard through him what Gagner had to say about Washington this year. Gagner said that the entire Washington team parties hard and parties a lot. That they party too much and it's probably effecting their play. Especially Ovi and Semin. Apparently the only thing Ovi and Semin love more than hockey is cocaine, and a little coke habit would explain the pairs low production this year.

Glad our superstars don't have this problem...if it's true.

people must not understand what a rumor is - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rumor - i mean i made it clear it was "pure rumor"... maybe it wasnt "interesting" enough for everyone lol