• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/3 GDT : Red Wings 5 at Stars 4

Rate this topic

Bad game for Jimmy. I'm glad the offense could bail him out, since he's bailed the team out a lot so far this season.

They need to get Conklin between the pipes and give Jimmy a much needed rest. If Conks still doesn't look up to the job then they need to go get someone. As nice as it is for Jimmy to be piling up the wins, the Wings are going to need him for the playoffs.

Bad game for Jimmy. I'm glad the offense could bail him out, since he's bailed the team out a lot so far this season.

They need to get Conklin between the pipes and give Jimmy a much needed rest. If Conks still doesn't look up to the job then they need to go get someone. As nice as it is for Jimmy to be piling up the wins, the Wings are going to need him for the playoffs.

No Conklin unless giving up points is a good idea in a tight West that is. They need to toss Conklin and bring up Mac.

No Conklin unless giving up points is a good idea in a tight West that is. They need to toss Conklin and bring up Mac.

They have to put Conklin in at some point, and the standings are goign to continue to be close. It's one of those situations where we might as well get it out of the way now while there's time to make up points. Put him in against an easy opponent and give him proper support. I just hope it's not against Buffalo, I'm going to that game in two weeks.

Can anyone YT Bert and Mule stuffing Ott into the Wings bench? Hehe.

I second this!

I haven't read through this whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned what the NBC Sports announcers said? Nyquist's father was over on a foreign exchange program and played hockey with Abdelkader's father in high school! Who would have thought!?

On a side note Nyquist looked good, Filp and Z looked awesome, and good for Huds for finishing what he had.

i agree. Not sure how well macdonald is playing in grand rapids this year but if conklin continues to struggle, why not call him up for a game or two. i thought he played pretty well in the backup role last year

I say: kick Snow in the balls repeatedly until he gives us Nabokov for a 4th rounder.

I second this!

I haven't read through this whole thread, but has anyone else mentioned what the NBC Sports announcers said? Nyquist's father was over on a foreign exchange program and played hockey with Abdelkader's father in high school! Who would have thought!?

On a side note Nyquist looked good, Filp and Z looked awesome, and good for Huds for finishing what he had.

Ken mentioned it the other day too, think it was on NYE. He said both Justin and Gus' dads were at that game as well.

Game was a blast last night. We drank, we yelled, we cheered. It was amazing...the boys finally win one at the AAC that I was at. I lost my voice, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait for Jan 17th so we can do it all over again. Go Wings!

Edited by rrasco

I'm with ya - great game. Lots of cheering, yelling and drinking by the red and white crew in my section!

The Stars crowd was VERY subdued. A much different atmosphere than Nashville.

Say what you want about Nashville and their chants, but the crowds there are into the game.

The Stars crowd was anything but. Granted, they were losing all night, but still they lacked enthusiasm about anything.

I had a good time tho and checked another arena off the bucket list.

Plus, I met the guy below at a local bar afterwards... 100 internet coolz pointz to the first person to identify the mystery man in the middle.

Game was a blast last night. We drank, we yelled, we cheered. It was amazing...the boys finally win one at the AAC that I was at. I lost my voice, but it was totally worth it. I can't wait for Jan 17th so we can do it all over again. Go Wings!

post-9035-0-14430100-1325730244_thumb.jpg