• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Rupp 1st Goal, Then Salute at WC

Rate this topic

My friend and I have different opnions about Rupp scoring the first NYR Goal than doing the Jagr Salute. He says it was disrespectful I say it wasn't. I don't want to get into reason's right now but I would like to know what you all think and what opnions you have about this. Let's not start a Holy War over this but open for mature discussion.

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized in ALL sports. Score a goal, Homerun, Touchdown and dance around like a damn fool like you are bigger than the game then it's a penalty. I know they don't have penalties in baseball, but enough of the chest bumps and crazy handshakes. Enough of the endzone charades and dances and enough of the "salutes" and "discount double play's." Score, pump your fists, hug teammates, get congratulated and move on. Nothing ruins a great touchdown/goal/homerun more than the kind of stuff that goes on after. (not so much happens in hockey, but the other sports got to do something about it.)

:lol::hysterical: at the negs. Thanks! I think I may just do a dance!

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest stinky fish taco

When I saw it, I thought it was a dig at Jagr, who did his old salute celebration just a few days ago in Pittsburgh when he scored on Rupp's former teammates.

you think?

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized

If thats your stance, then why should fist pumping not be penalized as well? It is the EXACT same thing as the salute, only difference being that the fist is closed instead of an open palm...

Agreed.

Seems as though being modest with your accomplishments is a thing of the past.

More than that, just be excited and celebrate the goal.

The salutes and pointing your stick like a gun and the like are all premeditated moves the player does to call attention to himself. I'd take a Patrick Eaves spontaneous excitement kind of celebration any day over that.