• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dimaline312000

Rupp 1st Goal, Then Salute at WC

Rate this topic

More than that, just be excited and celebrate the goal.

The salutes and pointing your stick like a gun and the like are all premeditated moves the player does to call attention to himself. I'd take a Patrick Eaves spontaneous excitement kind of celebration any day over that.

This is what I am saying. I am not saying do not celebrate your accomplishment, but all the staged antics and dances are annoying. Hey, let's pretend I am fishing after I make a tackle, let's do a salute (albeit a incorrect and almost pansy looking one) after I score a goal. I do not mind the pure excitement and celebration, but when a player in any sport does the same thing over and over (discount double check) it's like look at me, I am bigger than the game! Just freaking score and jump for excitement, don't put on the monkey act.

You caught that comment from Billick too?

Billick is an old wingbag who annoyed me during the entire Lions broadcast, although I do agree that Suh isn't a very classy player. You just don't speak your entire mind every chance you get like Brett Hull who had a short-lived job during intermissions for NBC. Just gotta use some tact.

As for the Rupp celebration, I don't think he would ever mock the military but clearly to Jagr who has been doing it since he's been in the NHL. No disrespect

I didn't think it was disrespectful. I thought it was just another goal celebration, I know that Jagr used to do that but it's not like the man has a patten on that celebration. My friend is a Wings fan but we do vary in opnions when it comes to certain aspects of hockey. He thought it was disrepectful to Jagr because he thought it was a mock on Jagr. I explained my point of view and he expalined his and I just thought this would be a good topic to see if maybe I was being insensitive about the situation or if he was over-reacting.

If thats your stance, then why should fist pumping not be penalized as well? It is the EXACT same thing as the salute, only difference being that the fist is closed instead of an open palm...

It's a pretty standard reaction to good events or news.

I've never gotten excited about something then instinctively saluted the sky.

Either way, I don't care about celebrations as long as they don't turn into ridiculous dance routines like they have in the NFL.

IMO, any kind of "dance" or strange celebration outside of a fist pump or raising your arms up then hugging you teammates should be penalized in ALL sports. Score a goal, Homerun, Touchdown and dance around like a damn fool like you are bigger than the game then it's a penalty. I know they don't have penalties in baseball, but enough of the chest bumps and crazy handshakes. Enough of the endzone charades and dances and enough of the "salutes" and "discount double play's." Score, pump your fists, hug teammates, get congratulated and move on. Nothing ruins a great touchdown/goal/homerun more than the kind of stuff that goes on after. (not so much happens in hockey, but the other sports got to do something about it.)

:lol::hysterical: at the negs. Thanks! I think I may just do a dance!

Go ahead and do a dance. Be happy you brought your team up by a point. Don't be indifferent when you did something that changed the game. especially when it's important.

I've seen plenty worse.

I don't like showing others up but I'm all for fun. If you do a little dance or a "salute" in this instance where it's not really directed at an opposing player, I could care less. I get Hartnell reacting to him the way he did as well as that's one of Hartnell's job.

In college football and high school football now in general, officals are going so overboard in unsportsmanlike penalties after touchdowns or celebrations, whether it be simply just tossing the football in celebration or whatever else.

A quick example below. I get getting a penalty called on him and that is within the current rules of college football at present, but it is extremely nitpicky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNu_GzdRo4