• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DRW Dominance

Winter Classic 2013

Rate this topic

Rumours swirling on Toronto sport radio that it will be Detroit/Toronto in Detroit.

I'm not so sure only because it seems like more of an all American thing now.

Isn't that all they do in Toronto anyway? The first time I ever went to Toronto there was a picture of Eric Lindros playing in a Leafs jersey on the front of the Toronto Sun...except he had never and was not playing for them at that point. Toronto is Eklund of hockey cities.

Isn't that all they do in Toronto anyway? The first time I ever went to Toronto there was a picture of Eric Lindros playing in a Leafs jersey on the front of the Toronto Sun...except he had never and was not playing for them at that point. Toronto is Eklund of hockey cities.

But it came true!

Need to get some of the Southern or Western teams involved. They'll never be able to host, and having these teams that will *never* be able to participate has the potential to alienate their fans.

Maybe DET/DAL, DET/SJS, or DET LAK. That might be entertaining, and you know the 24/7 will be good. :D

I think it will be in Detroit in 2013. TigerFest was canceled due to renovations to Comerica Park. Supposedly they are putting in a large HD video board. The NHL might like stadiums with big HD video boards so fans can see replays of goals (something the games in Chicago and Boston lacked). With the addition of video boards at the big house maybe Ilitch is trying to entice the NHL to keep the game at his house so he doesn't have too share revenue. It would be awesome to see 100,000 fans clad in red & white but it would be better for everyone to keep the game in downtown Detroit. As far as teams they would play im not sitting to hard on the Minnesota Wild because it could be there next year round. What it all comes down to is if the Avalanche make the playoffs this year.

Edited by mawheabo

So, since it's almost a given that Detroit will host it, I cannot imagine the Winter Classic being played in Detroit without the best defenseman in history, who just happens to play for Detroit, not being there. Soooooo I guess Lidstrom is going to have to come back for at least one more season...done. Sign him up, Kenny! 1 yr $6M then go after his successor!

BIG HOUSE > ugly baseball park =) hahaha just my opinion don't hate me=)

Ya, but DETROIT would be the host, not Ann Arbor. Too far to travel. I do agree on the baseball park though! In Comerica National Park, you will have fans that won't even see the players, let alone the puck. Ahhhhh....if only they could've held off on the destruction of Tiger Stadium...idiots.

I do agree it'll be a better game in Ann Arbor (even as much as I cannot stand the Wolverines) and it would surely sell out if it were Chicago/Toronto or Minnesota v. Detroit.

Edited by LeftWinger