• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Henrik Sedin's Comments on Vancouver's Toughness

Rate this topic

http://www.nesn.com/.m/2012/01/henrik-sedin-tired-of-being-asked-about-getting-pushed-around-says-canucks-are-tough-as-anyone.html

"Tough as anyone" :rotflmao:

Obviously the issue is getting to them if he's reacting that way to the question.

Didn't see It anywhere else, so I figured I'd post it.

Discuss

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Oh, my imagination ran rampant on the title of this thread alone.

Vancouver is chippy, cranky, not afraid to throw the body around, especially if it comes to drawing a penalty. (See what I did there?)

I just watched the Nucks/Kings game the other night. Seemed to me they threw more crosschecks and pushed a lot rather than playing what most would consider a good physical game. Kings gave as good if not better than they got and kicked their ass on the scoreboard as well. I'd be more concerned facing the Kings in the playoffs based on what I've seen.

vancouver has some tough players, but they also have some divers

Vancouver is packed with divers, major league spot-pickers, and just plain s***heads. These guys, between the diving, the cheapshots, and the whining, are the prime example of what drives many fans away from the game. The NBA-like bitchfest these guys showcase on any given night is painful to watch.

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Ryan Kesler

Alex Burrows

Max Lapierre

Kevin Bieksa

Keith Ballard

That isn't to say that the Canucks don't have some honorable, honest guys, but these guys are often overshadowed by the s***show their fellow teammates put on.

Cody Hodgson

Manny Malhotra

Sami Salo

Dale Weise

As far as being "tough", we as Wings fans can't say a lot, but Vancouver Is definitely not amongst the league's "toughest" squads. I'd contest that Boston, Dallas, the Rangers, St. Louis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh would run them out of the rink physically. They're gifted offensively, no doubt, but Henrik Sedin's comments are great comedy.

Vancouver is packed with divers, major league spot-pickers, and just plain s***heads. These guys, between the diving, the cheapshots, and the whining, are the prime example of what drives many fans away from the game. The NBA-like bitchfest these guys showcase on any given night is painful to watch.

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Ryan Kesler

Alex Burrows

Max Lapierre

Kevin Bieksa

Keith Ballard

That isn't to say that the Canucks don't have some honorable, honest guys, but these guys are often overshadowed by the s***show their fellow teammates put on.

Cody Hodgson

Manny Malhotra

Sami Salo

Dale Weise

As far as being "tough", we as Wings fans can't say a lot, but Vancouver Is definitely not amongst the league's "toughest" squads. I'd contest that Boston, Dallas, the Rangers, St. Louis, Chicago, and Pittsburgh would run them out of the rink physically. They're gifted offensively, no doubt, but Henrik Sedin's comments are great comedy.

Good... God... Seeing all those s***heads names listed together... :puke:

I'd absolutely love Salo on the Wings if he wasn't made of glass.

Good... God... Seeing all those s***heads names listed together... :puke:

I'd absolutely love Salo on the Wings if he wasn't made of glass.

It was painful to type so many s***heads names in a row.

I like Salo too, he's got some offensive upside, and he's actually been fairly healthy so far this year. He's played in 36 games, scoring 15 points. Can't believe he's 37 already, though :o

Let me know when the Wings showcase being gutless as a unit to the degree the Canucks did in the Stanley Cup Finals last year.

By gutless, do you mean backing down from fights and not defending yourself when someone plays tough or dirty?

We've done that several times. I remember the Philly game back in 2007, or in the playoffs against the Flames that year. Same s*** with the Ducks series, where they played dirty and we didn't really fight back because we didn't have the personnel.

Which examples are you alluding to with Vancouver against Boston?

By gutless, do you mean backing down from fights and not defending yourself when someone plays tough or dirty?

We've done that several times. I remember the Philly game back in 2007, or in the playoffs against the Flames that year. Same s*** with the Ducks series, where they played dirty and we didn't really fight back because we didn't have the personnel.

The seven game series where they keeled over for four of those games.

The Sedin punching bag situation simply highlighted that.

The Red Wings haven't done anything comparable. Detroit needs more grit, but the only real "diver" and "disgrace" they have in the grit department is Franzen. The Sedins and Kesler are the poster children for gutless play.

The Red Wings haven't done anything comparable. Detroit needs more grit, but the only real "diver" and "disgrace" they have in the grit department is Franzen. The Sedins and Kesler are the poster children for gutless play.

What Sedin punching bag situation?

And if you're talking about them not showing up for 4 games during the Finals, than that's something different. Certainly pathetic and you have to question their will to win, but that's talking about mental toughness, which isn't necessarily what this thread is about.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Well I certainly recall the Punching Bag scenario where I thought Marchand was going to break his hand from all the shots he landed to Sedin's face. And NO response. It reminded me of 1995 in the Cup Final where Scott Stevens KO'd Slava Kozlov and went over to the Wings bench and said WHO's NEXT? Not one Wing player stood up. That's when I knew the Wings were beat. The Marchand-Sedin incident was similar. Anyone watching that KNEW the Canucks were finished after that happened.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

I've been annoyed by the Wings lack of response when teams plays tough or dirty against them, but it still hasn't reached Canucks level. Until Kronwall bites someone's finger, Lidstrom gets poked with a stick and falls over like he's shot, and Datsyuk takes several punches to the face without swinging back, the Wings are not as gutless as the Nucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

Sedin takes repeated jabs to the face, and all he does is get angry at the ref about it, as Marchand laughs at him.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I've been annoyed by the Wings lack of response when teams plays tough or dirty against them, but it still hasn't reached Canucks level. Until Kronwall bites someone's finger, Lidstrom gets poked with a stick and falls over like he's shot, and Datsyuk takes several punches to the face without swinging back, the Wings are not as gutless as the Nucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh53OWz0jU

Sedin takes repeated jabs to the face, and all he does is get angry at the ref about it, as Marchand laughs at him.

From comments on youtube.

POSTGAME INTERVIEW

Interviewer: Was anything said between you two before you gave him those shots?

Marchand: Nope

Interviewer: Then why did you hit him?

Marchand: Felt like it

*37 Thumbs up (including mine)

How can you leave out Max, he's the worst in the entire league.