• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arag

Red Wings merchandise scam.

Rate this topic

Be Aware !

Hi everyone. I ‘am a Red Wings fan from Los Angeles. I have been looking for a Pavel Datsyuk’s authentic jersey and came across the following merchant

Officialredwingsstore.com. The price was attractive for the road jersey $139.99. Initially the site looked ok until I have placed the order. The jersey was supposed to be shipped on Jan 2nd, the same day I have ordered. However it has not been shipped and better yet I was charged $140.32 from a bridal store hotgauze.com. I have suspected a scam and tried to cancel the order while it was still pending and have had no luck. My request for online cancelation was ignored entirely. I have notified my bank regarding this issue and it is in process.

I wanted to get the jersey before the march 13 game in LA, but I should have known better not get excited. It is disapointing to see that this scumbags are taking advantage of passionate fans.

The reason I’ am writing to Red Wings community is that please avoid this merchant and let me know what would be the best place to get authentic Red Wings merchandise for a dissent price, if there is such a thing. I can’t find it in LA.

As of Jan 5th I was provided with a fake USPS tracking number and international transaction charges from China.

Be Aware 1

Thanks,

Go Wings !

Edited by arag

I had a great experience with river city sports for my pro jerseys a while back (konstantinov white and fedorov red). They seem to still have good prices.

Edited by TheXym

It could still be a scam for other reasons, but I wouldn't judge a company for failure to ship an item on January 2, since it was a federal holiday (observed). USPS wasn't delivering, and the other shipping companies might have been hit or miss that day as well.

1. Keep checking the status of the shipment, as said earlier it may not have been possible to ship on the "holiday" monday (make up for new year's)

2. The website appears to put out the effort in which you can talk to them about the problem, so keep trying to contact them so that they are aware of the problem.

3. I notice a "Trustwave" symbol on the bottom of the page which SHOULD indicate the site can be trusted and is a legitimate online retailer, however the "click to validate" didn't work for me. That there is a definite red flag.

Basically, you have a legitimate concern here, as their only contact comes in the form of an automated email... regardless, keep tracking your shipment in case you jumped the gun.

1. Keep checking the status of the shipment, as said earlier it may not have been possible to ship on the "holiday" monday (make up for new year's)

2. The website appears to put out the effort in which you can talk to them about the problem, so keep trying to contact them so that they are aware of the problem.

3. I notice a "Trustwave" symbol on the bottom of the page which SHOULD indicate the site can be trusted and is a legitimate online retailer, however the "click to validate" didn't work for me. That there is a definite red flag.

Basically, you have a legitimate concern here, as their only contact comes in the form of an automated email... regardless, keep tracking your shipment in case you jumped the gun.

Thanks everyone for input.

I have received an email from an personal gmail account in very bad English(much worse than mine) and a fake USPS tracking number. I was charged a different amount, from a totally different site, plus international transaction fee from China.

I don't worry abouth the money so much. I will get it back.

I just want the community to be aware.

Thanks

Edited by arag

You know USPS tracking is useless to begin with, especially if it's international from China, right? You'll get the package before it shows up in the system most of the time and international transaction fees are not uncommon. I literally have no clue about that site, so I totally understand where you are coming from, but these things do happen from time to time. If you were charged a different amount, that's the only thing I couldn't say would have a reason unless it was an actual error. I only say any of this because I order lots of stuff from overseas and I've had this happen before and things were legit in the end, more than once. I'm been waiting for 2-3 packages from Hong Kong right now and didn't have tracking or anything from them, but one of them showed up today. Luckily most banks and credit card companies have pretty good fraud policies in place now.

I had ordered a NFL jersey for my brother from a site like that and I had the all the same concerns( charged from different company, suspicious order confirmation email ). The jersey ended up showing up before the tracking system even showed it had shipped. I wouldn't stress just yet.

That site's WOT rating is 1, which is the lowest you can get. It's been rated by at least 6 people. I'm thinking there is cause for concern here.

WOT? I've never heard of that site and I buy tons of stuff online. My point is, who's going to rate them on there if they've never heard of them? I could have had a good experience and you would never read about it on that site. When it comes to reviews online, take them with a grain of salt. People tend to make it a point to say bad things about places they may have had a bad experience at (which half of the time ends up to be the customer's fault), but how many people could have had a good (or adequate) experience and not bothered to blow that place up praising their service? This thread is the perfect example, this could turn out to be legit and we're all here reading about what a bunch of scammers they are. I'm not saying they are not because they very well may be, I've never done business with them or heard of them. In no way am I saying you shouldn't be weary about where you order from, because you do need to be careful online. I'm just saying...

Edited by rrasco

Exactly - the site is rated by people who have at least heard of it. It's a FF add on I believe. It's installed on my work computer. You get false alerts sometimes, but if the site is actually rated by users, it bears listening. I never said the user was screwed, I just said there was cause for concern. I'd be on yellow alert. :)

The reason I’ am writing to Red Wings community is that please avoid this merchant and let me know what would be the best place to get authentic Red Wings merchandise for a dissent price, if there is such a thing.

www.sportsk.com is superb for jerseys and the like. They're cheaper than the NHL, but stitch-for-stitch perfect. Authentic jersey, then the right lettering/numbering- they're great at it. I got my Helm jersey from there, Jenny got her Legace- both are excellent.

Also, the only actual photos of real jerseys they have are of knock-offs (Yzerman and the Modano and Ritola WC).

The stock photo for the Chelios jersey doesn't even look right. Look at the numbers- the 2 simply isn't right, if mine is any indication.

Edited by Casey

Hockeygiant in Anaheim has jerseys. I was just there today. Not sure if they have a Datsyuk so you might have to call, but they definitely had blank and numbered Wings jerseys. The only downside is that it's a bit of a drive and you gotta traverse dirty Duck water to get there.

Other than that, I second ordering from SporksK. I think they're the go-to place for a lot of people on this site. I ordered from them before the Reebok jerseys came out, so I can't comment on how good they are with those. But I was super happy with the quality of the product I got from them.

www.sportsk.com is superb for jerseys and the like. They're cheaper than the NHL, but stitch-for-stitch perfect. Authentic jersey, then the right lettering/numbering- they're great at it. I got my Helm jersey from there, Jenny got her Legace- both are excellent.

The stock photo for the Chelios jersey doesn't even look right. Look at the numbers- the 2 simply isn't right, if mine is any indication.

How abouth Detroitathletic.com . ? Any sagestions ?

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Serves you right for purchasing something from that site. Why would anyone choose that site over the many TRUSTED sites out there? Maybe in the future you will think before you act.

How abouth Detroitathletic.com . ? Any sagestions ?

Detroit Athletic is good. They are down the street from the old Tiger Stadium if I recall. I ordered a Helm t-shirt from them for my Dad last Christmas and had 0 trouble.

Detroit Athletic is good. They are down the street from the old Tiger Stadium if I recall. I ordered a Helm t-shirt from them for my Dad last Christmas and had 0 trouble.

Thanks !

Edited by arag

Serves you right for purchasing something from that site. Why would anyone choose that site over the many TRUSTED sites out there? Maybe in the future you will think before you act.

How would they have known? It's not as if there is some published list out there.

Looks like you may be SOL, though. The website is showing as account suspended.

Edited by Casey