• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Tempers Flare at Habs Practice

Rate this topic

That article makes it sound like fights are common on every team. Really? I can't recall one happening on the Wings since I've been old enough to pay attention to stuff like that. I don't really see how fighting your teammate will make the team play as a team, though. I've heard of fights from goofing around, but a serious one seems like it'd be more trouble than a part of "healing as a team." Montreal is such a screwed up organization.

That's the first thing I thought of. Primeau and Probert. I can't remember what started it, Probie making fun of Primeau about a goal or something?

But overall I think the article is wrong in how often they make it sound like it happens, at least at the NHL level. Team chemistry aside, no GM wants their players injuring one another.

Fights between players at practice happen at some point of the season on most teams, usually when they are in a slump. The players saw no lingering ill effects from this skirmish.

Usually when a fight breaks out it's because the team has pretty big problems. And it's no surprise Subban was involved. He seems like a very immature player still.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

That's the first thing I thought of. Primeau and Probert. I can't remember what started it, Probie making fun of Primeau about a goal or something?

But overall I think the article is wrong in how often they make it sound like it happens, at least at the NHL level. Team chemistry aside, no GM wants their players injuring one another.

Usually when a fight breaks out it's because the team has pretty big problems. And it's no surprise Subban was involved. He seems like a very immature player still.

Primeau took a run at someone and I can't remember who.

Guest Crymson

Holland's management style is why we never hear of anything like this happening with the Wings.

Primeau took a run at someone and I can't remember who.

From what I could find online after poking around, which sounds like how I remember it at the time, is that Primeau was bitching about not getting an assist on a goal from the game the night before. So as a joke at practice someone shot the puck into the net and they had someone announce "Assist to Keith Primeau" on the PA. He was pissed and started going after people and Probert obliged.

From what I could find online after poking around, which sounds like how I remember it at the time, is that Primeau was bitching about not getting an assist on a goal from the game the night before. So as a joke at practice someone shot the puck into the net and they had someone announce "Assist to Keith Primeau" on the PA. He was pissed and started going after people and Probert obliged.

HAHAHAHAHA

what a loser.

Yup...Primeau being Primeau.

He was somewhat immature when he got to Detroit; wanting to be a center on the top 2 lines, and when offered the choice of playing wing on 1 of the top 2 lines, or center the 3rd line - he more or less began a career in sulking, and eventually got moved to Hartford for Shanahan.

I hated Primeau when he was on the Wings and was so thrilled when they shipped him out. Still pissed the Wings picked him over Jagr.