• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Like many of you here I've been enjoying HBO's "24/7" these past few years.

What I like most is the players/coahing staff daily routines off ice, the locker room banter, and of course the reaction of the coaches throughout the course of any game (read tantrums/swearing).

If there's a Winter Classic between these Original 6 rivals - any thoughts/opinions on what we'll see of our beloved Detroit Red Wings if there's a continuation of this series; ie - seeing Babs go off the deep end, and dropping f-bombs/throwing stuff, Dats hobby of pet grooming, Hudler running a brothel in his native Czech Republic in the off season, or something else that'll shock us fans - something that just might change the image of this classy organization?

What do you guys, & gals think?

Edited by F.Michael, 04 January 2012 - 12:03 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,848 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

The whole show should be about Larry Murphy's hotdogs and Jiri Hudler's hookers.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

what is this you guys are talking about Hudlers hookers? Real story or just talking?
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#4 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

what is this you guys are talking about Hudlers hookers? Real story or just talking?

Was talked about here a few years ago.

Well- maybe none here wanna speculate what we'd see about our Red Wings...With HBO considered to be an edgy/pushing the envelope cable network - maybe it'd be perfect timing for Kessel, and Komisarek announcing their engagement, and exchanging vows :hehe:

#5 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Lids needs to sign another extension just so we can hear him drop an F-bomb.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#6 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

My feelings? Datsyuk would win two trophies next year if this happens. The Selke, and an Emmy. :cool:

Not sure if any of you caught Babcock's comments on FSD during the Blues game on NYE about his take on a possible 24/7.

Basically he said he has "no say" in whether or not it happens (alluding to the fact that he probably thinks it's silly) but that he doesn't plan on being the "star of the show" if it does materialize. Maybe referring to Torts.

Wilson on the other hand..........."Honta Yo!!!!!!!!!!!"

Edited by rick zombo, 04 January 2012 - 01:36 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#7 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Was talked about here a few years ago.

Well- maybe none here wanna speculate what we'd see about our Red Wings...With HBO considered to be an edgy/pushing the envelope cable network - maybe it'd be perfect timing for Kessel, and Komisarek announcing their engagement, and exchanging vows :hehe:

LOL. I wanna see the hookers he lost that dime he had over.

#8 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:44 PM

My feelings? Datsyuk would win two trophies next year if this happens. The Selke, and an Emmy. :cool:

Not sure if any of you caught Babcock's comments on FSD during the Blues game on NYE about his feeling on a possible 24/7.

Basically he said he has "no say" in whether or not it happens (alluding to the fact that he probably thinks it's silly) but that he doesn't plan on being the "star of the show." Maybe referring to Torts.

Wilson on the other hand..........."Honta Yo!!!!!!!!!!!"

Babs comes across as a fairly stable/controlled guy on the bench (unlike Torts); makes ya wonder if he vents behind closed doors in the locker room?

I honestly see 2 possibilities with the Red Wings with a 24/7 series; they'll either disappoint some of us by being a relatively quiet bunch (no boisterous types, or possibly no tune on the ipod after each victory, and come across as rather subdued), or they'll surprise us with some crazy antics that none of us are aware of that goes on within the Red Wings organization.

I'm thinking if we had the 1997/1998 Cup winning rosters on 24/7 we'd have some great television!

#9 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

I wonder if Babs throws around as many F BOMBS as Boudreau and Laviolette do. I played hockey all the way up to midget and don't recall my head coaches swearing to that degree. The F BOMBS must increase with each level I suppose. :lol: I can see Dats telling some weird stories like Bryzgalov did. It would be worth watching just for that.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#10 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Babs comes across as a fairly stable/controlled guy on the bench (unlike Torts); makes ya wonder if he vents behind closed doors in the locker room?

I honestly see 2 possibilities with the Red Wings with a 24/7 series; they'll either disappoint some of us by being a relatively quiet bunch (no boisterous types, or possibly no tune on the ipod after each victory, and come across as rather subdued), or they'll surprise us with some crazy antics that none of us are aware of that goes on within the Red Wings organization.

I'm thinking if we had the 1997/1998 Cup winning rosters on 24/7 we'd have some great television!

It's crazy really how little we know of Babcock's coaching methods when the reporters aren't around. I'm betting on him coming off as professional and restrained - as in not many F-Bombs.

As for the team? I think you'd see plenty of crazy antics with Dats, Homer, Cleary, and Hudler (if he's still with the team). Most of this stuff will just probably be goofy/funny. Not s***-talking like you saw with the Rags/Flyers and Caps/Pens.

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

It's crazy really how little we know of Babcock's coaching methods when the reporters aren't around. I'm betting on him coming off as professional and restrained - as in not many F-Bombs.

As for the team? I think you'd see plenty of crazy antics with Dats, Homer, Cleary, and Hudler (if he's still with the team). Most of this stuff will just probably be goofy/funny. Not s***-talking like you saw with the Rags/Flyers and Caps/Pens.

Oh - ya mean like Hartnell saying to an opponent "I'll take your f-ing eye out with my stick" :lol:

I agree - me thinks the Red Wings rep as a classy franchise extends from Mr & Mrs Ilitch all the way down to the players; not saying there isn't any "shenanigans" going on, but for the most part it's a tightly run ship.

#12 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

I feel like I lip read Babs dropping f-bombs all the time on the bench. I dont think swearing makes you unprofessional. Not in that line or work.

#13 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I feel like I lip read Babs dropping f-bombs all the time on the bench. I dont think swearing makes you unprofessional. Not in that line or work.

I have no doubt Babs curses a blue streak when the time is right.

I'm guessing he won't let many fly when the 24/7 cameras are rolling. That's just my impression of the knid of man/coach he is.

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,677 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

I have no doubt Babs curses a blue streak when the time is right.

I'm guessing he won't let many fly when the 24/7 cameras are rolling. That's just my impression of the knid of man/coach he is.

Agreed.

#15 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I see Babcock kind of like how Bylsma was in 24/7. Very calm and collected, rarely losing his temper (if ever). Kind of how Laviolette is this year too (but still closer to Bylsma), probably dropping the odd F bomb out of frustration on the bench but not yelling too much in the locker room.

#16 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

Babs drops f bombs.

Edited by redwingfan19, 04 January 2012 - 06:16 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

I would imagine Babcock is pushing hard NOT to have a 24/7. It doesn't fit his coaching style. I think the Wings would be "boring" compared to other teams. A bit more intense. Of course, there will be plenty of entertainment from Cleary and whatnot. I really think the series would shape up as a serious juggernaut (Wings) against the young, upstart Maple Leafs. Which could be compelling in itself.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

if it's up to the Mayor of Toronto, this is not his first choice for a matchup; from Toronto Star:

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told reporters he envisions a Leafs-Canadiens outdoor game in Toronto at the former Downsview air base.

The Mayor has made small children cry and has never met a buffet he hasn't liked. Here he is:
Posted Image
...on the right.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

if it's up to the Mayor of Toronto, this is not his first choice for a matchup; from Toronto Star:

The Mayor has made small children cry and has never met a buffet he hasn't liked. Here he is:
Posted Image
...on the right.

Well I don't think it would draw well with the American fans for a Leafs/Canadian matchup. There needs to be at least one American team in it played in America.

#20 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

It's probably not possible but if the Wings faced the Hawks again, it'd be unreal, if you've ever seen the videos of the Blackhawks pulling pranks on each other, or them chirping each other, its TV gold.