• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

F.Michael

Red Wings - Maple Leafs 24/7...

Rate this topic

I would have paid a lot of money to have seen a 24/7 during the Detroit, Colorado brawl! Could you imagine the interviews with McCarty and lemieux, their lives away from the ice? Priceless.

Just think of what we viewers would've been treated to as a foaming-at-the-mouth Marc Crawford is berating a stone-faced Scotty Bowman.

One of the best rivalries in modern era pro sports...Too bad we won't see that again anytime soon.

I do not like this reading... First, no Yzerman in Alumni-game, and now Babcock says he does not want to be part of 24/7...

From Puck Daddy:

As excited as Babcock is about playing in front of a live audience that could top 115,000 and set a Guinness World Record, the thought of opening up in front of cameras didn't thrill him.

"I'm not embracing that," Babcock said Thursday morning. "What you do and what you say and what you do to get your job done sometimes isn't something I think my kids need to hear on a regular basis."

For Babcock, running his hockey team should remain behind closed doors, a barrier the "24/7" series breaks down. Because it airs on HBO, many of the restrictions of network television don't exist and while Red Wings' players believe it shows fans a different side of the game, Babcock would rather remain insulated.

"We do what we have to do to get wins and we try to treat people with respect," Babcock said. "We cross the line at times and I don't think that has to be on YouTube and be out there forever."

Babs is overthinking this. No one is going to lose respect for him because he drops an f bomb here or there (and this is coming from someone who never swears). No one is going to think any less of him if he ‘crosses the line’ in the heat of the moment. Stop stressing Babs.

He was heard once on ESPN's 'The Season' when they went inside the Ducks dressing room before a playoff game against us when he was firing his team up. I'm willing to bet after a week or so he'll quickly forget about them, or at the very least, not be so intimidated by their presence.

What little we saw/heard from him in NHL36 Babs has nothing to worry about, people will probably just gain even more respect for what a great coach he is.

Going 35 in a 45 on a couple occasions is fine, but when you enjoy going 50 in a 45, having those cameras around will make it very difficult to do your job over several months.

Lids needs to sign another extension just so we can hear him drop an F-bomb.

i would actually pay to see him bug out.

seems like most of the wings are camera shy, i remember hearing most of them shying away when they filmed lids on nhl 36

According to "The Pope" yesterday, HBO and the League are currently not under contract to do another installment next season. However...

yup. 24/7 is far from a done deal for next year like everyone thinks it is. This year's show brought in poor ratings and HBO is going through some programming changes. I hope that they decide that a wings/leafs matchup is worth another shot.

though babcock's and the rest of the wings attitude towards the show doesn't exactly help

yup. 24/7 is far from a done deal for next year like everyone thinks it is. This year's show brought in poor ratings and HBO is going through some programming changes. I hope that they decide that a wings/leafs matchup is worth another shot.

though babcock's and the rest of the wings attitude towards the show doesn't exactly help

So maybe HBO doesn't do it.

Maybe some other network will take the chance.

Or maybe the newly coined NBC sports network give it a shot but with bleeps.

Not that I care, but the low ratings might have been in part because no one really cared that much about the game. I think this one might just have more of an interest shown...I mean, it's Original Six, it's a border war (of sorts), it's a chance to make a little history - a lot of factors that might bring about more interest. Of course, if they decided not to do it at all, it wouldn't break my heart, and I'm sure it wouldn't break the hearts of the Wings players either.