• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic= Two Canadian-based clubs.
Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic= Two American-based clubs.
Did Bettman screw-up by having a Heritage classic game first? You'd have to ask him. He might even tell you the truth.
These are the ground rules set by Bettman. Detroit-Toronto would require the very stubborn Bettman to change what he has deemed as being so. i doubt that it will happen.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#22 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:48 AM

Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic= Two Canadian-based clubs.
Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic= Two American-based clubs.
Did Bettman screw-up by having a Heritage classic game first? You'd have to ask him. He might even tell you the truth.
These are the ground rules set by Bettman. Detroit-Toronto would require the very stubborn Bettman to change what he has deemed as being so. i doubt that it will happen.

I heard that Bettman is going to start a new show called New Jersey Score. 6 New Jersey Devils all live in the same house with weird names and act like complete morons. Zach SNOOKI Parise, Marty THE SITUATION Brodeur, Ilya ILWOW Kovalchuk are just a few of the players involved. One of the episodes, Zach SNOOKI and Ilya ILWOW get into an altercation and ILWOW headbutts the cement wall and knocks himself out.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#23 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Must See TV!

#24 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

I would have paid a lot of money to have seen a 24/7 during the Detroit, Colorado brawl! Could you imagine the interviews with McCarty and lemieux, their lives away from the ice? Priceless.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#25 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

If the Wings are on 24/7 next year, Holmstrom absolutely has to be around. I've been hearing for almost two decades about how ridiculous and silly he is.

I would have paid a lot of money to have seen a 24/7 during the Detroit, Colorado brawl! Could you imagine the interviews with McCarty and lemieux, their lives away from the ice? Priceless.

There was actually a similar show that followed the WIngs towards the end of the rivalry. Its on youtube I think.

here's the start:

Edited by Echolalia, 05 January 2012 - 08:37 PM.

#26 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

I liked 24/7 a lot for boxing and im not really a fan of boxing but dident really like how it turned out last year. I dident see any of this years hopefully it was better.

#27 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just think of what we viewers would've been treated to as a foaming-at-the-mouth Marc Crawford is berating a stone-faced Scotty Bowman.

One of the best rivalries in modern era pro sports...Too bad we won't see that again anytime soon.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#28 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

I do not like this reading... First, no Yzerman in Alumni-game, and now Babcock says he does not want to be part of 24/7...

From Puck Daddy:

As excited as Babcock is about playing in front of a live audience that could top 115,000 and set a Guinness World Record, the thought of opening up in front of cameras didn't thrill him.

"I'm not embracing that," Babcock said Thursday morning. "What you do and what you say and what you do to get your job done sometimes isn't something I think my kids need to hear on a regular basis."

For Babcock, running his hockey team should remain behind closed doors, a barrier the "24/7" series breaks down. Because it airs on HBO, many of the restrictions of network television don't exist and while Red Wings' players believe it shows fans a different side of the game, Babcock would rather remain insulated.
"We do what we have to do to get wins and we try to treat people with respect," Babcock said. "We cross the line at times and I don't think that has to be on YouTube and be out there forever."

Posted Image

#29 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Babs is overthinking this. No one is going to lose respect for him because he drops an f bomb here or there (and this is coming from someone who never swears). No one is going to think any less of him if he ‘crosses the line’ in the heat of the moment. Stop stressing Babs.

He was heard once on ESPN's 'The Season' when they went inside the Ducks dressing room before a playoff game against us when he was firing his team up. I'm willing to bet after a week or so he'll quickly forget about them, or at the very least, not be so intimidated by their presence.

Ken Holland: He’s (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, he’s a puck hound.

#30 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

What little we saw/heard from him in NHL36 Babs has nothing to worry about, people will probably just gain even more respect for what a great coach he is.

#31 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

According to "The Pope" yesterday, HBO and the League are currently not under contract to do another installment next season. However...

#32 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:52 AM

What little we saw/heard from him in NHL36 Babs has nothing to worry about, people will probably just gain even more respect for what a great coach he is.

Going 35 in a 45 on a couple occasions is fine, but when you enjoy going 50 in a 45, having those cameras around will make it very difficult to do your job over several months.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#33 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

If it's anything like the NHL36, those boys are gonna be ducking to hide in the shower or sauna or wherever.
Posted Image

#34 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:10 AM

Burke and Wilson are going to be the stars of this show, both are attention whores.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#35 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

NHL has made it clear that to be in the Winter Classic you have to participate in 24/7, so don't worry about what certain players or personnel might prefer.

#36 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

Maybe something like this?

Or at least, I'm sure a good majority of us would love it if Babs were to rip into them like Torts did there after a sluggish start.

#37 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

"We do what we have to do to get wins and we try to treat people with respect," Babcock said. "We cross the line at times and I don't think that has to be on YouTube and be out there forever."

#38 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Lids needs to sign another extension just so we can hear him drop an F-bomb.

i would actually pay to see him bug out.

seems like most of the wings are camera shy, i remember hearing most of them shying away when they filmed lids on nhl 36

#39 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

Is there any way to watch these shows if I don't get HBO? Can't miss a Wings/Leafs 24/7.

#40 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

According to "The Pope" yesterday, HBO and the League are currently not under contract to do another installment next season. However...

yup. 24/7 is far from a done deal for next year like everyone thinks it is. This year's show brought in poor ratings and HBO is going through some programming changes. I hope that they decide that a wings/leafs matchup is worth another shot.

though babcock's and the rest of the wings attitude towards the show doesn't exactly help