• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

According to Helene Elliott; Sports columnist for the LA Times; @helenenothelen.

"Just had chat with Ducks GM Bob Murray. says he has two untouchables--Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu--but anyone else is in play. Says he's not rebuilding and seeking draft picks. if he trades a core player, it would be for another core-type player. hasn't conceded this season Murray said he knows will be tough to make playoffs this season but wants to see team put something together and make a run. Murray also said that if core players want to stay w/Ducks they have to play that way...and as i type that, Corey Perry scores.

to clarify/amplify Bob Murray saying Selanne/Koivu untouchable: both have no movement clauses. if Selanne were to ask for trade, i can't see Murray standing in the way. But Murray's intention is for Selanne to retire a Duck, as Murray has said before.
More Bob Murray, saying he's not looking to rebuild or trade for draft picks: "I still believe we have some core players. Now, whether we have to
change a few core players, so be it. They’re deciding who’s staying and who’s not staying at this point."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of players could be moving, I don't see any coming here; what do you guys think?
Getzlaf seems to be the biggest on the block for sure.

#2 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

The only way I'd see Holland make a move for Getzlaf, or Perry would be to offer the Ducks 3, or 4 1st round draft picks, and quite possibly a prospect, or 2 as well.

The chances of that happening are slim to say the least...Now with the CBA expiring later this summer we could possibly see a luxury tax/soft cap, and if that took place we could possibly see a return of pre-salary cap era NHL in which 1st round picks were used on a reg basis to acquire high level talent.

Guess what I'm saying is that Holland would have to have a pretty good idea well beforehand as to what the BOG are willing to accept for the future CBA (soft cap with luxury tax, or hard cap), and then plan accordingly to acquire high-end talent.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#3 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

I would die to have Getzlaf here. Unfortunately, if he's looking for a core for a core, I can't imagine who we could offer that I wouldn't miss more than I would like Getz here. (Did that make sense?)

No way could we get him for a 4th liner or spare parts.

#4 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

I would love to the Wings to have both Getzlaf and Perry. But this is not a video game. It is not realistic. Murray is basically stating the obvious. Sure, you can have Getzlaf or Perry or Ryan. But you have to give him your best players. If Kenny called, Murray would likely want Dats, Z and Franzen. Heck maybe even Lidstrom! :lol:
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#5 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,817 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

I would die to have Getzlaf here. Unfortunately, if he's looking for a core for a core, I can't imagine who we could offer that I wouldn't miss more than I would like Getz here. (Did that make sense?)

No way could we get him for a 4th liner or spare parts.

How about that guy in your avatar, Nyquist, and a first rounder. That's what I think would have to happen (or an equivalent) to get a guy like Getzlaf or Perry from the Ducks.

Current LGW Whippin' Boy: Shoot-outs & Franzen

HTBanner400x100.jpg

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

Screw Perry, but I'd love to have Getzlaf here. Just imagine the possibilities! He's just the kind of player we need. But naturally, every team will be after him and we don't have anything to offer for him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Screw Perry and Getzlaf although both would be nice. :P How about Ryan? I'd take either of the three tbh. But giving up core guys from us isn't going to happen.

#8 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

Filpulla. tatar and a first for getzlaf

do it kenny.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#9 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:38 AM

I think he's just trying to light a fire under the players and get them going vs. really be interested in trading them. That doesn't make them untouchable of course, but I don't think there as available as the comments may appear.

#10 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

I might get flamed for this but I would make a package with Franzen.

Hes clutch yeah, but so Is Getzlaf. Getzlaf is only 26 and easily a top 5 center in the league, he isnt injury prone like Franzen is either and isnt locked into a long term contract.

Getzlaf plays solid defensively as well.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hes clutch yeah, but so Is Getzlaf. Getzlaf is only 26 and easily a top 5 center in the league, he isnt injury prone like Franzen is either and isnt locked into a long term contract.

If you get flamed, it would be by big time homers.

#12 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

If you get flamed, then I am on fire with you! If this team had a chance to score any one f Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan, I would send Franzen packing in a heartbeat. Hey, Franzen may be our third best player right now, but he is in no way better than the fore mentioned Ducks. Perry just came of a Hart trophy for pete's sake! If we could package Franzen, Hudler and some prospects for two of them? Ok, I am gonna stop now because I am just getting carried away!

If you get flamed, it would be by big time homers.

I will bring the fired retardant clothes because trading Franzen for one of these guys would be worth the flaming!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#13 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Screw Perry, but I'd love to have Getzlaf here. Just imagine the possibilities! He's just the kind of player we need. But naturally, every team will be after him and we don't have anything to offer for him.

Many people here seem to ignore the fact that Getzlaf is often lazy and extremely streaky, even when Ducks fans show up to say it themselves. More, Getzlaf is a set-up man. We don't need more of those.

Given that Perry is a massive douchebag, only Ryan would really be worth the Wings` time.

Edited by Crymson, 05 January 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#14 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Getzlaf would be a great fit, but I don't see us offering what the Ducks would be looking for (Kings Ransom)

#NOMOREKINDL

#15 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

I'd take Ryan, Getzlaf, or Perry. It would likely take more than this, but Mule, E, and a 1st would be a good place to start IMO. Mule is great, but his contract length is not.

Edited by WorkingOvertime, 05 January 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,816 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

Many people here seem to ignore the fact that Getzlaf is often lazy and extremely streaky, even when Ducks fans show up to say it themselves. More, Getzlaf is a set-up man. We don't need more of those.

Given that Perry is a massive douchebag, only Ryan would really be worth the Wings` time.

Well - Perry could be "our" douchebag :lol:

I for one wouldn't mind him on the Wings.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#17 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Some Parros please.

And why is Selanne untouchable? He's not the future of the team, and wouldn't he want to play for a team that may be a Cup contender during his final season? Why rot away in Anaheim on a s***ty team? I think he has a no-trade clause, but if so, he should waive it.

Ryan would be the easiest to get of the skilled younger players. Perry and Getzlaf would demand a monster price.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#18 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

Getzlaf is one of my favorite non-wings, but we probably w/couldn't make an even trade for him. Bobby Ryan seems possible though, and would be an awesome addition.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#19 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:00 PM

Its nice to know im not the only person sick of franzen. To me Getz is equally good but likes to play scrappy and fight when he needs to.

Prob not gonna happen though.
  • Nev likes this
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Perry and Lidstrom must be close, since they did a commercial together.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.