• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingzman91

Open Season on Ducks

Rate this topic

I love the idea of Getz but Perry is the goal scorer that we are missing and he's not afraid to muck it up. I player you hate playing against is the one you want on your team. Mule, Ericsson and a pick for Perry and a pick!

Many people here seem to ignore the fact that Getzlaf is often lazy and extremely streaky, even when Ducks fans show up to say it themselves. More, Getzlaf is a set-up man. We don't need more of those.

Given that Perry is a massive douchebag, only Ryan would really be worth the Wings` time.

Wow, sounds like a current forward on this team minus the physical presence and far more offensive upside Getzlaf provides.

I'm surprised you did.

IMO Smith is 'untouchable' since he is the only potential top-4 dman in GR.

Yeah. To be honest, I think we'll have to get someone in a trade after #5 retires.

Aside from Smith, we've got Kronner, who isn't going anywhere. White has been a pleasant surprise, but will he keep it up without Nick? Stuie is rumoured to be moving on, although that may just be rumour.

There's our top 4. I think if I can trade Smith for a sure thing (Getz), I would do it and then trade for an established Dman. Smith has great potential, but so did Ericsson. Remember when he was going to save us all? I'm not giving up quite yet, but he is blooming very slowly, if he is going to bloom at all.

I'm not throwing Smith out for just anything. Getz is one of the players I would give him up for. It's a very small group. I could probably count them on one hand.

In fact, if not for adding Parros into the equation, I wouldn't have suggested Smith at all.

Like I said before, this won't be bought with spare parts.

Just to let people know how much I like Getz, I'm talking about trading the player (Johan) that I named my hamster after. Yeah, that kind of devotion. I love Mule more than Smith, but I'd be willing to move both for Getzlaf and Parros.

Edited by 55fan

I'm surprised you did.

IMO Smith is 'untouchable' since he is the only potential top-4 dman in GR.

people forget that Mule is a BEAST in the playoffs when he is healthy. He has 72 points in 83 playoff games in his career. He was playing injured last year in the playoffs but here's his point total before that:

2008 18 in 16 games

2009 23 in 23 games

2010 16 in 12 games

Why would we even think of trading one of the top playoff performers in the league? Because he's streaky in the regular season? Are you people frickin crazy?

Yeah. To be honest, I think we'll have to get someone in a trade after #5 retires.

Aside from Smith, we've got Kronner, who isn't going anywhere. White has been a pleasant surprise, but will he keep it up without Nick? Stuie is rumoured to be moving on, although that may just be rumour.

There's our top 4. I think if I can trade Smith for a sure thing (Getz), I would do it and then trade for an established Dman. Smith has great potential, but so did Ericsson. Remember when he was going to save us all? I'm not giving up quite yet, but he is blooming very slowly, if he is going to bloom at all.

I'm not throwing Smith out for just anything. Getz is one of the players I would give him up for. It's a very small group. I could probably count them on one hand.

In fact, if not for adding Parros into the equation, I wouldn't have suggested Smith at all.

Like I said before, this won't be bought with spare parts.

I understand. IMO, if E and a first and/or second could replace Smith, the deal would be great. As I said earlier, Mule, E, and a first would be a good starting point. I would take that for the cheapest of Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan. While I would like a fighter, Parros likely isn't skilled enough for the Wings fourth line.

people forget that Mule is a BEAST in the playoffs when he is healthy. He has 72 points in 83 playoff games in his career. He was playing injured last year in the playoffs but here's his point total before that:

2008 18 in 16 games

2009 23 in 23 games

2010 16 in 12 games

Why would we even think of trading one of the top playoff performers in the league? Because he's streaky in the regular season? Are you people frickin crazy?

Mule is great now, but what about in 2016, 2017, 2018? Now he is a great value, but the possible long-term situation is unstable. Mule's value is high right now, and IMO it will likely decline rapidly over the next few years. If the Wings are going to ever trade Mule, this is the time. Further, Mule is the only 'elite' player the Wings can trade (IMO Dats, Z, Lids, Kronner are untouchable).

Franzen, tatar, stuart for perry. Makes sense to replace a rw with a rw. We have loads of center depth and getz isnt required like a perry type player who can light the lamp almost every night and is young. If in fact stuart wants back on the west coast and is willing to re-sign with the ducks this is a great package. Throw in a 3rd conditional if stuart doesnt re-sign.

YIKES!

People, People, this was posted to get ideas on where they'd end up.

I have a feeling, that places like Washington(Semin) and LA (Penner,Gagne) may be more interested in finding some scoring and have the type of players the Ducks are looking for.

I don't want any Duck.

---------------------------------------------------

Dreger added this today via Dreger Report on TSN:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of many teams that stays in constant contact with the Anaheim Ducks.

Past relationships between the two clubs encourage consistent communication, but the Leafs are also keenly aware of the Ducks' season of turmoil and the remote possibility Anaheim might free up a player too good to not get in the game early.

On Wednesday, Ducks GM Bob Murray sparked interest by acknowledging the only untouchable players on his roster are veterans Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu. We were left to assume key assets such as Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan and young defenceman Cam Fowler may be available for the right price.

Not so.

Firstly, both Selanne and Koivu are protected by no-trade clauses and it's highly unlikely Murray asks either to waive them. Secondly, the Ducks aren't shopping any of their core guys, however, if the team doesn't respond namely, Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry, it's not inconceivable one of them will become available, perhaps at the trade deadline, or more likely, at the NHL Entry Draft.

Although Ryan Getzlaf continues to meander through a very disappointing season, he is still regarded as one of the premier centres in hockey. For that reason, most in the hockey world still view Bobby Ryan as a more likely trade target.

Bob Murray insists his team isn't looking to rebuild, so if a blockbuster comes together, it will only be accepted in Anaheim if it vastly improves the Ducks' playoff chances for next season.

In the meantime, we have weeks, if not months of speculation ahead to analyze these options.

Wow, sounds like a current forward on this team minus the physical presence and far more offensive upside Getzlaf provides.

Pretty much.

As others have pointed out, what is Franzen's upside for the future? He's already over 30 and has a history of injuries and laziness.

I know he's great in the playoffs, but I no longer think he's untradeable.

2008 18 in 16 games

2009 23 in 23 games

2010 16 in 12 games

Because the wings could get a guy who is just as good of a playoff performer, 26, a right handed shot and physical. Getzlaf has always been an amazing playoffoff performer as well. And dont forget that little part you mentioned about Mule being a beast WHEN HE IS HEALTHY.

And as was mentioned earlier about Getzlaf being streaky and lazy, well if steraky and lazy gets you to produce at well over a ppg for the last 4 seasons and he is still only 26, than so be it.

I would say Franzen, Kindl, Tatar and a first could do it.

I have a feeling this is posturing by the Ducks.

They know they are tanking, by folding up shop and trading out ending contracts like Cogliano (2.39m), Blake (4m), Beauchemin (3.8m)

they may get a top pick in the draft and some players with tenure in exchange to make a run for next year.

This is the generate hype phase.

Guest Crymson

I love the idea of Getz but Perry is the goal scorer that we are missing and he's not afraid to muck it up. I player you hate playing against is the one you want on your team. Mule, Ericsson and a pick for Perry and a pick!

You should be shot for suggesting that that ginormous douchebag ever put on a Red Wings jersey.

The fact that he's a dip!@#$ weasel disqualifies him from Ken Holland's consideration anyway.

So you're suggesting that we trade a player whose play you dislike for another whose play you will similarly dislike. Your own sarcasm is working against you.

By the way, Franzen currently has 33 points and is a +20. Getzlaf? 25 points (a whopping six goals--what, exactly, would we do with another playmaking center?) and a -19. Getzlaf is playing with some very talented hockey players. The team he's on isn't going to make all the difference.

Franzen, tatar, stuart for perry. Makes sense to replace a rw with a rw. We have loads of center depth and getz isnt required like a perry type player who can light the lamp almost every night and is young. If in fact stuart wants back on the west coast and is willing to re-sign with the ducks this is a great package. Throw in a 3rd conditional if stuart doesnt re-sign.

And Anaheim will want Tatar--an unproven scorer--and Stuart--on the last year of his contract--why? By the way, Stuart sold his house in San Jose.

And... we want Perry WHY?

Edited by Crymson

I'd really only be interested in Ryan and Beauchemin. Nothing against Getz (or even Perry really), but considering the cost to get them I don't think they'd provide enough return.

Can't guess what they'd want for Beau, though if we could sell them on E or Kindl without having to add too much more I'd be all for it. E, Abby or Miller, and a 2nd? Pretty close to what they gave Toronto (considering what Lupul was doing at the time). Wouldn't exactly improve Anaheim this year, though as we get closer to the deadline the Ducks may start looking further into the future, and Beau is a pending UFA.

Ryan I think would be out of our range. Probably only feasible if the Ducks get really interested in picks/prospects. Flip probably has to be the main piece, and someone else that can add some offense. Cleary? Then a good prospect and 1st. Seems like too much from our perspective. Change Cleary to a mid-rounder or mid-tier prospect (or somehow take Flip out) and it looks a lot better, but would only make sense for them if they go into full rebuild mode.

Guest Crymson

Given all the rumours that Stuart wants to move back to California.....Franzen + Stewart for Getzlaf.

Again... why on earth would Holland want to acquire yet another playmaking center? And, more, why would he trade one of the team's best goal-scorers for such? This would lead to a net decrease in goal scoring.

Guest Crymson

Chris Chelios, Ulf Sammuelsson, Wendel Clark, and Todd Bertuzzi could all fall into that "douchebag" category, and yet were once/currently are Detroit Red Wings.

Just because you dislike Perry doesn't mean Ken Holland loathes him as well...I for one (and many other LGW members) would love to have that half-shield wearin'weasel on our Red Wings.

I guarantee you that Ken Holland would not trade for him. When has Ken Holland ever signed a player of Perry's character?

I disagree with your examples, as none of them are d-bag weasels of Corey Perry magnitude.

Edited by Crymson

Again... why on earth would Holland want to acquire yet another playmaking center? And, more, why would he trade one of the team's best goal-scorers for such? This would lead to a net decrease in goal scoring.

Wow, I wasn't aware that the NHL was such a simple, logical place. The great goal-scorer Franzen has broken 30 goals just once, is past 30, picking up injuries, and signed to a monster contract that rewards him with $$$$$$$$$$$ whatever he does (which is often as little as possible).

Getzlaf is an all-star, Franzen isn't. Datsyuk-Getzlaf gives us a 1-2 punch that would give the rest of the WC kittens. Anytime you can aqcuire a top, high-end player for non-star players, you should. Players of the quality of Getzlaf (or Perry, or Ryan) don't come on the market very often.

I disagree with your examples, as none of them are d-bag weasels of Corey Perry magnitude

I can only assume you weren't watching Hockey when Chelios was a Blackhawk and Samuelsson was a Penguin?

2008 18 in 16 games

2009 23 in 23 games

2010 16 in 12 games

You have to give up something if you want something. In 2001 Holland traded away perhaps one of the best playoff performers AND prolific regular season scorer we had in order to get a goalie he felt we needed. He traded Kozlov AND a 1st for Hasek. I think an exchange that involved Franzen for either Getzlaf or Perry would be a great move. Franzen, Hudler and Kindl are three players from the big club who can and should be shopped come deadline day. If Holland could trade any combo these three plus prospects and get a Getzlaf and or Perry and or Ryan, then it is a no brainer...

Edited by LeftWinger

So you're suggesting that we trade a player whose play you dislike for another whose play you will similarly dislike. Your own sarcasm is working against you.

By the way, Franzen currently has 33 points and is a +20. Getzlaf? 25 points (a whopping six goals--what, exactly, would we do with another playmaking center?) and a -19. Getzlaf is playing with some very talented hockey players. The team he's on isn't going to make all the difference.

I wasn't entirely suggesting a trade of Franzen for Getzlaf. Just implying that the notion the Red Wings would never have a streaky or lazy player is laughable. You dismissed Getzlaf becuase of those qualities -- I was replying that Franzen is exactly those things, in addition to being an inferior player overall.

Besides, it would take a ton more than just Franzen to land Getzlaf, even with Getzlaf having a down year so far. I really don't think plus/minus is a great stat to compare the two. Of course Franzen is going to have a better rating than a guy playing on one of the worst teams defensively in the league. Getzlaf has practically been a PPG player at least his entire career. Franzen hasn't even come close yet. Franzen also plays with Pavel Datsyuk, a pretty talented linemate in his own right.

There's plenty of possibilities for Getzlaf with the Red Wings, even if he is primarily a playmaker. Filppula is playing far better on the wing so you could use Getzlaf as his center and put Pavel and Z back together. I think that makes the top-six quite a bit more dynamic than the one with Franzen in it. I don't buy your theory at all the Red Wings offense would suffer more with Getzlaf as opposed to Franzen.

Edited by GoWings1905

I'm not sold on Getzlaf as something this team would seriously improve on. If we got rid of Franzen we would still need a guy who is a threat to score goals.

Perry is a bonafide goal scorer and can definitely bring something huge to the team if we trade a core player. I don't care if he is a ******. He can be our ******. And I'll even trade my Franzen shirts for Perry shirts if we make a trade with the two involved.

Gowings: Datsyuk and Zetterberg shouldn't be tried again. They don't mesh the same way they did in 08 and 09, and I think it hurts the team to force them back together for the sake of acquired players.

Edited by Doc Holliday