• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingzman91

Open Season on Ducks

Rate this topic

Didn't Perry win the Hart Trophy last year?

How many of those will Franzen win anytime soon?

Never...Who was the last Red Wing to win it? Fedorov in 1994. With the likes of Ovechkin, Stamkos, Perry etc... in the league, franzen will have to score 60 goals among 120 points to win the Hart...

In realityland, Franzen, Hudler, and most of our best prospects (not the lower prospects you list) isn't likely to get you even one of Getz or Perry. They are two of the better young players in the game; you are not going to get them for a 2nd-tier forward nearing the end of his prime, a 3rd-tier forward who's useless when not scoring, and a bunch of prospects who may or may not be anything in the NHL.

You want both? It probably starts with Datsyuk.

Straight up Franzen for Getzlaf you'd have to be retarded to say no. You move other guys to get back the goal scoring. Of course, it's so unbalanced it would never happen anyway, so...

No, I already stated earlier that I was thinking in EA Sports Land and in no way was saying that this would happen for sure. I was just using the what if scenario and presenting argument why either or both of them would make Detroit better than they are right now and that Franzen would be worth giving up for either of them.

And BTW, you will be surprised when Perry gets traded somewhere for far less than Datsyuk.

Edited by LeftWinger

No, I already stated earlier that I was thinking in EA Sports Land and in no way was saying that this would happen for sure. I was just using the what if scenario and presenting argument why either or both of them would make Detroit better than they are right now and that Franzen would be worth giving up for either of them.

And BTW, you will be surprised when Perry gets traded somewhere for far less than Datsyuk.

If you would've have read that I was not in speaking realtyworld, you wouldn't have responded like an *******, but hey, sometimes folks can't help it. I feel sorry for you.

Maybe you need to read what you wrote. Sure, you said you were dreaming; and went on to say "Here is Holland chance to make ammends on that mistake, get rid of Franzen & Hudler and make his team much better and tougher to play against in the form of Getzlaf and Perry. That is a blockbuster trade that will workout for both teams. " and "I hope Holland doesn't make the same mistakes...". Sorry if I misinterpreted that as you believing such a deal was feasible.

Yeah, it'd be worth giving up Franzen to get either, and it's at least a somewhat feasible start. But if you want to talk about getting BOTH of them, as you were, then you need to start involving Datsyuk.

Maybe you need to read what you wrote. Sure, you said you were dreaming; and went on to say "Here is Holland chance to make ammends on that mistake, get rid of Franzen & Hudler and make his team much better and tougher to play against in the form of Getzlaf and Perry. That is a blockbuster trade that will workout for both teams. " and "I hope Holland doesn't make the same mistakes...". Sorry if I misinterpreted that as you believing such a deal was feasible.

Yeah, it'd be worth giving up Franzen to get either, and it's at least a somewhat feasible start. But if you want to talk about getting BOTH of them, as you were, then you need to start involving Datsyuk.

Ya, and that is where the talks would end for me then. But if we could just get Perry for Franzen and some other commodities, I would be all for it!

When I said here is Holland's chance to make up, ya it sounded like the trade was proposed already, sorry, my bad, I should have said something like "this would be a chance if offered for Holland to make up for..." Anyhow, I feel he made a mistake by keeping Hudler and Franzen over Hossa and if Perry becomes available, I would certainly hope that Holland gets in line first with the best offer we can tender! Starting with Franzen & Hudler and then adding from there. If they mentioned Dastyuk or Zetterberg then call it off. I would even balk at Helm going to Anaheim...

Why do people keep saying Detroit needs scoring?

We're third in goals for. Third.

Point percentage, fourth. Goals against, fifth. Sixth on the power play. Third in shots for, third fewest shots against.

The only worrisome ones are faceoff percentage -ninth- and penalty kill, twentieth.

Find a solid PK guy or 1B goalie, sure, but I fail to see the need to keep fixing an offense that simply isn't broken.

The Red Wings have pretty much always been able to score goals during the regular season. I think most people's concern here (mine included) is their ability to do it in the playoffs when games tighten up. Last year against the Sharks, it was all Datsyuk and Zetterberg especially with Franzen out. Filppula has always been a strong playoff performer, but now he's really a focal point of the offense. Obviously Franzen usually steps it up when the games matter, but he's still injury prone and quite streaky.

I personally feel the Red Wings are a top-six forward that can score goals away from being a real contender. They might be able to beat the Sharks, Canucks or Blackhawks with this roster as constructed but I think it would probably require Jimmy Howard to steal the series (seems possible now). With another goal-scorer, there is no limit to what the Red Wings can accomplish this season. They have great depth at forward, a solid defense and an excellent goaltender. The only thing lacking is someone to put the puck in the net on a consistent basis.

Edited by GoWings1905

I don't get why everyone here wants Perry or Getzlaf. First of all, Perry is a huge ****** and Datsyuk FOUGHT him...only fight in his career. No thanks, I don't want that ******* on the Wings.

As for Getzlaf, he's good but he's mainly a playmaker and he's very lazy. Also, don't people realize how much it would take to get either of these guys? They're both the face of the franchise...we should be targeting Ryan. Great RW with a nice shot who will work hard in the corners. A line of Franzen - Datsyuk - Ryan would be amazing.......and Ryan would be much, much, easier to get. Plus he's not a douchebag.

I don't get why everyone here wants Perry or Getzlaf. First of all, Perry is a huge ****** and Datsyuk FOUGHT him...only fight in his career. No thanks, I don't want that ******* on the Wings.

As for Getzlaf, he's good but he's mainly a playmaker and he's very lazy. Also, don't people realize how much it would take to get either of these guys? They're both the face of the franchise...we should be targeting Ryan. Great RW with a nice shot who will work hard in the corners. A line of Franzen - Datsyuk - Ryan would be amazing.......and Ryan would be much, much, easier to get. Plus he's not a douchebag.

We won't get Ryan without trading Mule or our best two/three prospects. Ryan has 30+ goals in each of his full NHL seasons. He will command a high price.

We won't get Ryan without trading Mule or our best two/three prospects. Ryan has 30+ goals in each of his full NHL seasons. He will command a high price.

And if even one of our best prospects turns out as good as Ryan we'd be pretty lucky. He's only 24 and has 3 years left on a pretty reasonable deal. He could be a long-term cornerstone or a future trade asset for us. It wouldn't do any long-term damage to give up some prospects.

I don't think Mule is the way to go though. He does have the ability to dominate games, even if he's not consistent. Right now, I think Flip's market value is pretty close to (and for some teams maybe even higher than) Mule's, so I don't think we'd need to add much if anything extra by sending him instead.

Our best hope is that the Ducks are still out of the playoff race come the deadline. If they think they have a chance they'd probably want another good roster forward. If they're out, maybe something like Flip, Tatar, and a 1st, with maybe a late round pick added would get it done. If they'd take just prospects (say, Nyquist and Andersson in lieu of Flip), even better. With our core players, the grinders, and free agency we might not have room for all our prospects anyway.

A top 6 for the next few years of Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Ryan, and Cleary or Hudler looks pretty good. After that our next round of prospects should be about ready...

Well gee wally, Chelios was a ****** too, did you like him on this team? Bob Probert while still a member of Detroit fought Kocur while still a member of the Rangers, did you welcome Kocur back during our back to back titles?

Why do you think Ryan would be much easier to get? He is younger and scores just as good if not better than Perry. ****** or not, if Perry were to become a Red Wing, it would be awesome...

Edited by LeftWinger

And if even one of our best prospects turns out as good as Ryan we'd be pretty lucky. He's only 24 and has 3 years left on a pretty reasonable deal. He could be a long-term cornerstone or a future trade asset for us. It wouldn't do any long-term damage to give up some prospects.

I don't think Mule is the way to go though. He does have the ability to dominate games, even if he's not consistent. Right now, I think Flip's market value is pretty close to (and for some teams maybe even higher than) Mule's, so I don't think we'd need to add much if anything extra by sending him instead.

Our best hope is that the Ducks are still out of the playoff race come the deadline. If they think they have a chance they'd probably want another good roster forward. If they're out, maybe something like Flip, Tatar, and a 1st, with maybe a late round pick added would get it done. If they'd take just prospects (say, Nyquist and Andersson in lieu of Flip), even better. With our core players, the grinders, and free agency we might not have room for all our prospects anyway.

A top 6 for the next few years of Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Ryan, and Cleary or Hudler looks pretty good. After that our next round of prospects should be about ready...

I would not want to part with Filppula, he has much more value to this team than Franzen. I wouldn't mind being able to keep Franzen and still getting Perry somehow, but we would still have to demote someone from the top 6 (Hudler) and that would upset the chemistry in the bottom 6. So if you could keep Franzen why not offer Hudler in return along with some top prospects. I still think acquiring Perry is gonna cost Franzen from the get go, but you may be right about them opting on higher level prospects. Which, as you covered, the Red Wings have plenty of...I just hope that Anaheim comes calling and Holland is willing to make that bold move next month. Like I stated before, this team is MUCH better with Perry on it than either Franzen or Hudler. Or if the option is Ryan, the same applies.

Why do you think Ryan would be much easier to get? He is younger and scores just as good if not better than Perry. ****** or not, if Perry were to become a Red Wing, it would be awesome...

Perry is the reigning Hart and Rocket Richard winner, and scores more points. That probably puts a premium on his trade value. I think I like Ryan more anyway, though maybe that's just due to Perry's douchebaggery. I'd be ok with either, depending on what we'd give up.

I would take either over Franzen, I just think we'd be better off moving Flip instead (Hudler would be even better, but his value isn't in the same ballpark). Mule may be down a bit from a couple years ago, and Flip is at his highest, but Mule is still a better overall player.

Perry is the reigning Hart and Rocket Richard winner, and scores more points. That probably puts a premium on his trade value. I think I like Ryan more anyway, though maybe that's just due to Perry's douchebaggery. I'd be ok with either, depending on what we'd give up.

I would take either over Franzen, I just think we'd be better off moving Flip instead (Hudler would be even better, but his value isn't in the same ballpark). Mule may be down a bit from a couple years ago, and Flip is at his highest, but Mule is still a better overall player.

Accounting for Mule's contract, I would rather keep Flip. He is progressing offensively and his defensive play is better.

You should be shot for suggesting that that ginormous douchebag ever put on a Red Wings jersey.

The fact that he's a dip!@#$ weasel disqualifies him from Ken Holland's consideration anyway.

So you're suggesting that we trade a player whose play you dislike for another whose play you will similarly dislike. Your own sarcasm is working against you.

By the way, Franzen currently has 33 points and is a +20. Getzlaf? 25 points (a whopping six goals--what, exactly, would we do with another playmaking center?) and a -19. Getzlaf is playing with some very talented hockey players. The team he's on isn't going to make all the difference.

And Anaheim will want Tatar--an unproven scorer--and Stuart--on the last year of his contract--why? By the way, Stuart sold his house in San Jose.

And... we want Perry WHY?

You are the only one that can post an opinion on this topic? Classy.

Edited by Red Crazy

flip is performing

datsyuk is performing

zetterberg is performing

bertuzzi is performing

s*** even hudler is performing

the only top 6 who isnt performing is franzen.

So I am down to get rid of franzen

I would like to get ryan so bad. young and a scorer

do I see holland making any moves? f*** no but he should. mule isnt stepping it up when needed

Edited by brett

flip is performing

datsyuk is performing

zetterberg is performing

bertuzzi is performing

do I see holland making any moves? f*** no but he should. mule isnt stepping it up when needed

Careful, neg bandits are out tonight, he may get some for saying bad things about our sniper....and be called a non-fan. Just a heads up, yellow spineless pencilneck's are out tonight! I give ya a +1 for not wearing homer glasses!

flip is performing

datsyuk is performing

zetterberg is performing

bertuzzi is performing

Franzen leads the team in goals and is second in points. He's on pace for over 30 goals. How is that "not performing"?

Franzen leads the team in goals and is second in points. He's on pace for over 30 goals. How is that "not performing"?

Ok, he was "performing" then last year too when he scored 28 Goals to lead the team and 55 points to end up 4th on the team, right? Problem is, on 2/2/11 he scored 5 goals against Ottawa to give him a total of 26 on the season, that means for the next 2+ months he only had 2 goals, one on 3/5/11 vs. PHX and one on 4/3/11 vs. MIN. That is far from performing and leading the team. He does the same thing year in and year out. He is very lazy most nights, puts in a batch of goals for a stretch, then disappears again. I'd rather he score a goal every other game than a bundle before the trade deadline then stink up the ice the rest of the season. Again, if Perry is presented to us and Franzen needs to part of the deal, I say do it!

It is important to note Mule has zero goals when the team is trailing.

And at the other end of the spectrum, he leads the league in game winners.

Ok, he was "performing" then last year too when he scored 28 Goals to lead the team and 55 points to end up 4th on the team, right? Problem is, on 2/2/11 he scored 5 goals against Ottawa to give him a total of 26 on the season, that means for the next 2+ months he only had 2 goals, one on 3/5/11 vs. PHX and one on 4/3/11 vs. MIN. That is far from performing and leading the team. He does the same thing year in and year out. He is very lazy most nights, puts in a batch of goals for a stretch, then disappears again. I'd rather he score a goal every other game than a bundle before the trade deadline then stink up the ice the rest of the season. Again, if Perry is presented to us and Franzen needs to part of the deal, I say do it!

Yes, he had a bad stretch last year, but overall it was still a decent year. What you don't seem to understand is that all but the very elite scorers are streaky. For that matter even most of those are streaky. Perry has 3 goals in his last 12 games, same as Franzen. He had another 3 in 12 stretch last year, then went on his massive 19 in 14 run. Ovechkin has a stretch this year of 2 in 15. Last year had a 2 in 19 drought. Parise had a run this year of 2 in 15. Sharp has 3 in his last 11, and had a run of 2 in 10 earlier this year (both in the same game). Neal has a 3 in 12 stretch this year, and 2 in 27 (regular season and playoffs) last year with Pittsburgh. Gaborik has 1 in his last 5, and had runs of 1 in 6 and 1 in 7 earlier this year. Stamkos, who leads the league, on pace to maybe get 60, had streaks of 1 in 5, 1 in 6, and 0 in 5 this year. Hossa has 2 in his last 8, and had 2 in 13 earlier this year. Datsyuk and Zetterberg may be "playmakers" first, but they are also elite players and are both capable of scoring as many or more goals than Mule. How're they doing? The consistency you want just doesn't exist.

Franzen since March of '08, up until his rotten run to end last year, played a total of 163 regular season games and 51 playoff games, scored in 71 regular and 22 playoff games, for a total of 85 regular and 31 playoff goals, and his longest stretch without a goal in that span was 6 games. He is as consistent as you can find in a 30-40 goal scorer, and though his contract is long his cap hit is uner $4 million (low enough that it won't really hurt much even if he does start to suck in a few years).

He's not a great skater (not terrible either), and not nearly as physical or tough as you want from a guy his size, but he's not as lazy as he's made out to be. He may not add as much as other guys when he's not scoring, but he's not useless either.

No question I would take Perry or Ryan over him, they are great young players and may yet improve even more. That doesn't mean he's a good trade option. But I guess people are going to hate who they hate regardless.

For comparison purposes I would like to know how big of a difference that is between him and other players.

Me too. I was surprised to see that statistic last night. As I've said, I like Mule but his contract length is excessive. I would trade Mule for Ryan, Perry, or Getzlaf. To me, Mule has the most value outside of Dats and Z. His contract is what makes me offer him in this thread- not necessarily his current play.