• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingzman91

Open Season on Ducks

Rate this topic

According to Helene Elliott; Sports columnist for the LA Times; @helenenothelen.

"Just had chat with Ducks GM Bob Murray. says he has two untouchables--Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu--but anyone else is in play. Says he's not rebuilding and seeking draft picks. if he trades a core player, it would be for another core-type player. hasn't conceded this season Murray said he knows will be tough to make playoffs this season but wants to see team put something together and make a run. Murray also said that if core players want to stay w/Ducks they have to play that way...and as i type that, Corey Perry scores.

to clarify/amplify Bob Murray saying Selanne/Koivu untouchable: both have no movement clauses. if Selanne were to ask for trade, i can't see Murray standing in the way. But Murray's intention is for Selanne to retire a Duck, as Murray has said before.

More Bob Murray, saying he's not looking to rebuild or trade for draft picks: "I still believe we have some core players. Now, whether we have to

change a few core players, so be it. They’re deciding who’s staying and who’s not staying at this point."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alot of players could be moving, I don't see any coming here; what do you guys think?

Getzlaf seems to be the biggest on the block for sure.

I would die to have Getzlaf here. Unfortunately, if he's looking for a core for a core, I can't imagine who we could offer that I wouldn't miss more than I would like Getz here. (Did that make sense?)

No way could we get him for a 4th liner or spare parts.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I would love to the Wings to have both Getzlaf and Perry. But this is not a video game. It is not realistic. Murray is basically stating the obvious. Sure, you can have Getzlaf or Perry or Ryan. But you have to give him your best players. If Kenny called, Murray would likely want Dats, Z and Franzen. Heck maybe even Lidstrom! :lol:

I would die to have Getzlaf here. Unfortunately, if he's looking for a core for a core, I can't imagine who we could offer that I wouldn't miss more than I would like Getz here. (Did that make sense?)

No way could we get him for a 4th liner or spare parts.

How about that guy in your avatar, Nyquist, and a first rounder. That's what I think would have to happen (or an equivalent) to get a guy like Getzlaf or Perry from the Ducks.

I think he's just trying to light a fire under the players and get them going vs. really be interested in trading them. That doesn't make them untouchable of course, but I don't think there as available as the comments may appear.

I might get flamed for this but I would make a package with Franzen.

Hes clutch yeah, but so Is Getzlaf. Getzlaf is only 26 and easily a top 5 center in the league, he isnt injury prone like Franzen is either and isnt locked into a long term contract.

Getzlaf plays solid defensively as well.

Hes clutch yeah, but so Is Getzlaf. Getzlaf is only 26 and easily a top 5 center in the league, he isnt injury prone like Franzen is either and isnt locked into a long term contract.

If you get flamed, it would be by big time homers.

If you get flamed, then I am on fire with you! If this team had a chance to score any one f Getzlaf, Perry or Ryan, I would send Franzen packing in a heartbeat. Hey, Franzen may be our third best player right now, but he is in no way better than the fore mentioned Ducks. Perry just came of a Hart trophy for pete's sake! If we could package Franzen, Hudler and some prospects for two of them? Ok, I am gonna stop now because I am just getting carried away!

If you get flamed, it would be by big time homers.

I will bring the fired retardant clothes because trading Franzen for one of these guys would be worth the flaming!

Guest Crymson

Screw Perry, but I'd love to have Getzlaf here. Just imagine the possibilities! He's just the kind of player we need. But naturally, every team will be after him and we don't have anything to offer for him.

Many people here seem to ignore the fact that Getzlaf is often lazy and extremely streaky, even when Ducks fans show up to say it themselves. More, Getzlaf is a set-up man. We don't need more of those.

Given that Perry is a massive douchebag, only Ryan would really be worth the Wings` time.

Edited by Crymson

Some Parros please.

And why is Selanne untouchable? He's not the future of the team, and wouldn't he want to play for a team that may be a Cup contender during his final season? Why rot away in Anaheim on a s***ty team? I think he has a no-trade clause, but if so, he should waive it.

Ryan would be the easiest to get of the skilled younger players. Perry and Getzlaf would demand a monster price.

Getzlaf for Franzen and Kindl could work out pretty well for the Wings.

Getzlaf would fit SO WELL on this team. Great passer, right handed shooter playing the left circle on the PP, good playoff performer. We'd have to give up more than Franzen and Kindl however. We're talking like Franzen or a 1st round pick, Nyquist and Tatar or something in that ballpark. The Ducks are rebuilding and are going to want good young talent. Franzen is in his 30's and is not really what they'd be looking for.

Edited by xtrememachine1

Why?

He can score 30 goals a season basically. I think that's what they need so they don't come up flat in the playoffs.

The current top 6 forwards look good and have a lot of playoff experience so trading one of them might screw something up in the playoffs. Their problem this year seems to be offensive zone turnovers which could mean they aren't skating fast enough or they're making bad decisions. I guess they could trade a current player for one that handles the puck better in the offensive zone.