• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

Detroit needs a forward with speed. Probably Ryan would be a good fit but trading someone for him would almost be stupid. It would have to be some Grand Rapids players and draft picks.

#22 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

Detroit needs a forward with speed. Probably Ryan would be a good fit but trading someone for him would almost be stupid. It would have to be some Grand Rapids players and draft picks.

Why?

#23 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Perry and Lidstrom must be close, since they did a commercial together.

No on Perry since he apparently has trouble hitting the net according to that commercial.

#24 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Getzlaf for Franzen and Kindl could work out pretty well for the Wings.

#25 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Getzlaf for Franzen and Kindl could work out pretty well for the Wings.

Getzlaf would fit SO WELL on this team. Great passer, right handed shooter playing the left circle on the PP, good playoff performer. We'd have to give up more than Franzen and Kindl however. We're talking like Franzen or a 1st round pick, Nyquist and Tatar or something in that ballpark. The Ducks are rebuilding and are going to want good young talent. Franzen is in his 30's and is not really what they'd be looking for.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 05 January 2012 - 02:12 PM.

#26 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Its nice to know im not the only person sick of franzen. To me Getz is equally good but likes to play scrappy and fight when he needs to.

Prob not gonna happen though.

Believe me. Getzlaf is a much better player than Franzen. Aside from his scrappy play.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#27 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Why?

He can score 30 goals a season basically. I think that's what they need so they don't come up flat in the playoffs.

The current top 6 forwards look good and have a lot of playoff experience so trading one of them might screw something up in the playoffs. Their problem this year seems to be offensive zone turnovers which could mean they aren't skating fast enough or they're making bad decisions. I guess they could trade a current player for one that handles the puck better in the offensive zone.

#28 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

"Some Parros please."

This. We haven't had a decent mustache since Paul McLean left.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#29 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Mule, Smith, Kindl for Getz and Parros.

I feel so dirty typing that.

#30 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

I love the idea of Getz but Perry is the goal scorer that we are missing and he's not afraid to muck it up. I player you hate playing against is the one you want on your team. Mule, Ericsson and a pick for Perry and a pick!

#31 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:34 PM

Mule, Smith, Kindl for Getz and Parros.

I feel so dirty typing that.

I'm surprised you did.

IMO Smith is 'untouchable' since he is the only potential top-4 dman in GR.

#32 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:41 PM

Many people here seem to ignore the fact that Getzlaf is often lazy and extremely streaky, even when Ducks fans show up to say it themselves. More, Getzlaf is a set-up man. We don't need more of those.

Given that Perry is a massive douchebag, only Ryan would really be worth the Wings` time.

Wow, sounds like a current forward on this team minus the physical presence and far more offensive upside Getzlaf provides.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#33 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm surprised you did.

Yeah. To be honest, I think we'll have to get someone in a trade after #5 retires.

Aside from Smith, we've got Kronner, who isn't going anywhere. White has been a pleasant surprise, but will he keep it up without Nick? Stuie is rumoured to be moving on, although that may just be rumour.

There's our top 4. I think if I can trade Smith for a sure thing (Getz), I would do it and then trade for an established Dman. Smith has great potential, but so did Ericsson. Remember when he was going to save us all? I'm not giving up quite yet, but he is blooming very slowly, if he is going to bloom at all.

I'm not throwing Smith out for just anything. Getz is one of the players I would give him up for. It's a very small group. I could probably count them on one hand.
In fact, if not for adding Parros into the equation, I wouldn't have suggested Smith at all.

Like I said before, this won't be bought with spare parts.

Just to let people know how much I like Getz, I'm talking about trading the player (Johan) that I named my hamster after. Yeah, that kind of devotion. I love Mule more than Smith, but I'd be willing to move both for Getzlaf and Parros.

Edited by 55fan, 05 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#34 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ken Holland. Getzlaf for Bert(and a third round pick if they so desire). That's my offer.

Edited by KATIEBARTHEDOOR24, 05 January 2012 - 05:47 PM.

KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#35 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm surprised you did.

people forget that Mule is a BEAST in the playoffs when he is healthy. He has 72 points in 83 playoff games in his career. He was playing injured last year in the playoffs but here's his point total before that:

2008 18 in 16 games
2009 23 in 23 games
2010 16 in 12 games

Why would we even think of trading one of the top playoff performers in the league? Because he's streaky in the regular season? Are you people frickin crazy?
Do or do not. There is no try

#36 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yeah. To be honest, I think we'll have to get someone in a trade after #5 retires.

Aside from Smith, we've got Kronner, who isn't going anywhere. White has been a pleasant surprise, but will he keep it up without Nick? Stuie is rumoured to be moving on, although that may just be rumour.

There's our top 4. I think if I can trade Smith for a sure thing (Getz), I would do it and then trade for an established Dman. Smith has great potential, but so did Ericsson. Remember when he was going to save us all? I'm not giving up quite yet, but he is blooming very slowly, if he is going to bloom at all.

I'm not throwing Smith out for just anything. Getz is one of the players I would give him up for. It's a very small group. I could probably count them on one hand.
In fact, if not for adding Parros into the equation, I wouldn't have suggested Smith at all.

Like I said before, this won't be bought with spare parts.

I understand. IMO, if E and a first and/or second could replace Smith, the deal would be great. As I said earlier, Mule, E, and a first would be a good starting point. I would take that for the cheapest of Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan. While I would like a fighter, Parros likely isn't skilled enough for the Wings fourth line.

people forget that Mule is a BEAST in the playoffs when he is healthy. He has 72 points in 83 playoff games in his career. He was playing injured last year in the playoffs but here's his point total before that:

2008 18 in 16 games
2009 23 in 23 games
2010 16 in 12 games

Why would we even think of trading one of the top playoff performers in the league? Because he's streaky in the regular season? Are you people frickin crazy?

Mule is great now, but what about in 2016, 2017, 2018? Now he is a great value, but the possible long-term situation is unstable. Mule's value is high right now, and IMO it will likely decline rapidly over the next few years. If the Wings are going to ever trade Mule, this is the time. Further, Mule is the only 'elite' player the Wings can trade (IMO Dats, Z, Lids, Kronner are untouchable).

#37 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Franzen, tatar, stuart for perry. Makes sense to replace a rw with a rw. We have loads of center depth and getz isnt required like a perry type player who can light the lamp almost every night and is young. If in fact stuart wants back on the west coast and is willing to re-sign with the ducks this is a great package. Throw in a 3rd conditional if stuart doesnt re-sign.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#38 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

YIKES!
People, People, this was posted to get ideas on where they'd end up.
I have a feeling, that places like Washington(Semin) and LA (Penner,Gagne) may be more interested in finding some scoring and have the type of players the Ducks are looking for.

I don't want any Duck.
---------------------------------------------------
Dreger added this today via Dreger Report on TSN:

The Toronto Maple Leafs are one of many teams that stays in constant contact with the Anaheim Ducks.

Past relationships between the two clubs encourage consistent communication, but the Leafs are also keenly aware of the Ducks' season of turmoil and the remote possibility Anaheim might free up a player too good to not get in the game early.

On Wednesday, Ducks GM Bob Murray sparked interest by acknowledging the only untouchable players on his roster are veterans Teemu Selanne and Saku Koivu. We were left to assume key assets such as Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan and young defenceman Cam Fowler may be available for the right price.

Not so.

Firstly, both Selanne and Koivu are protected by no-trade clauses and it's highly unlikely Murray asks either to waive them. Secondly, the Ducks aren't shopping any of their core guys, however, if the team doesn't respond namely, Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry, it's not inconceivable one of them will become available, perhaps at the trade deadline, or more likely, at the NHL Entry Draft.

Although Ryan Getzlaf continues to meander through a very disappointing season, he is still regarded as one of the premier centres in hockey. For that reason, most in the hockey world still view Bobby Ryan as a more likely trade target.

Bob Murray insists his team isn't looking to rebuild, so if a blockbuster comes together, it will only be accepted in Anaheim if it vastly improves the Ducks' playoff chances for next season.

In the meantime, we have weeks, if not months of speculation ahead to analyze these options.

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wow, sounds like a current forward on this team minus the physical presence and far more offensive upside Getzlaf provides.

Pretty much.

As others have pointed out, what is Franzen's upside for the future? He's already over 30 and has a history of injuries and laziness.

I know he's great in the playoffs, but I no longer think he's untradeable.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#40 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

2008 18 in 16 games
2009 23 in 23 games
2010 16 in 12 games

Because the wings could get a guy who is just as good of a playoff performer, 26, a right handed shot and physical. Getzlaf has always been an amazing playoffoff performer as well. And dont forget that little part you mentioned about Mule being a beast WHEN HE IS HEALTHY.

And as was mentioned earlier about Getzlaf being streaky and lazy, well if steraky and lazy gets you to produce at well over a ppg for the last 4 seasons and he is still only 26, than so be it.

I would say Franzen, Kindl, Tatar and a first could do it.
  • Nev likes this

RIP BOB PROBERT #24