• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

2012 Draft

Rate this topic

After the world jrs, Which player would you think we should go for in the first round? Or do must people suspect that we trade our first round draft pick for lower rounds?

TSN Crag's top 30.

1.Nail Yakupov

2.Filip Forsberg

3.Mathew Dumba

4.Morgan Rielly

5.Alex Galchenyuk

6.Mikhail Grigorenko

7.Griffin Reinhart

8.Jacob Trouba

9.Zemgus Girgensons

10.Ryan Murray

11.Matt Finn

12.Pontus Aberg

13.Derrick Pouliot

14.Hampus Lindholm

15.Ludvig Bystrom

16.Teuvo Teravianen

17.Sebastien Collberg

18.Gemel Smith

19.Cody Ceci

20.Jarrod Maidens

21.Radek Faksa

22.Michael Matheson

23.Malcolm Subban

24.Oscar Dansk

25.Andreas Athanasiou

26.Brendan Gaunce

27.Martin Frk

28.Damon Severson

29.Slater Koekkoek

30.Tom Wilson

The cup winner picks last. So I guess that Wilson kid maybe? :ph34r:

I know youre kind of joking but seriously that WIlson kid is who they should be looking at at this point. He plays in Plymouth so they'll see him plenty.

6'4, meanstreak, fights, hits and puts up points. Hes a very simiolar prospect to Tyler biggs last year who the wings wanted. Hes the type of guy the wings have been taking a lot with their early picks

That's a horrible list by the TSN guy.

6'4, meanstreak, fights, hits and puts up points. Hes a very simiolar prospect to Tyler biggs last year who the wings wanted. Hes the type of guy the wings have been taking a lot with their early picks

Got a link for this?

The first available big North American boy who fights.

Yes, we should definitely draft a fighter in the first round as there are not a lot of those kinda players available in the market. :rolleyes: Edited by Finnish Wing

Got a link for this?

Yes, we should definitely draft a fighter in the first round as there are not a lot of those kinda players available in the market. :rolleyes:

"In this year’s draft, the Wings have earned high marks from experts galore for choosing to trade down into the second round and picking Tomas Jurco 35th overall, but the reason that the team did so, according to a pair of Twitter updates from The Fan 590’s Greg Brady (per RedWingsFeed), is because the player the Wings really wanted to draft got away:"

Source: Here

From that articles:

twitter wings source

"In this year’s draft, the Wings have earned high marks from experts galore for choosing to trade down into the second round and picking Tomas Jurco 35th overall, but the reason that the team did so, according to a pair of Twitter updates from The Fan 590’s Greg Brady (per RedWingsFeed), is because the player the Wings really wanted to draft got away:"

Source: Here

From that articles:

twitter wings source

Thanks!

Got a link for this?

Yes, we should definitely draft a fighter in the first round as there are not a lot of those kinda players available in the market. :rolleyes:

I could find one but it would take a while and I'm not really too concerned about it, most people will remember it I think. Basically said Nill had seen Biggs play lots and that they liked him.

Also isnt the argument around here usually that its impossible to find a person who can play a regular shift and fight? The wings tend to draft North Americans with size and grit with their first picks lately, I'm sure Tom Wilson will be on the radar

Discussion about fighting is in every thread lately, we've gotta keep up this activism!

Occupy Joe Louis Arena!

The lack of fighting debates has just exploded recently since everyones been holding it in haha

Of course. I just think it's stupid to use our first round draft pick to get that kinda player.

There is a high value on that type of player in the draft since 15+ points/year in the NHL is usually 30+ points/year in the CHL. The Wings may have gotten lucky with Callahan, but these players are difficult to find. This is further exaggerated because most of the CHL fighters aren't great players (like the NHL, most fighters are not top-6 players). I would be happy if the Wings used one first round pick for this in the coming 5 drafts. That is, one Prust type per 10 years is enough. The Wings don't need to do this constantly, but choosing this type of player once every 5-10 years would keep a good stock of this type of player. This is assuming this type of player is available. The Wings should not waste a pick if that type of player isn't available, but they should capitalize on the opportunity if that type of player is available.