• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/7 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Maple Leafs 4

Rate this topic

Well all I can say is thank goodness for DVR! I am not sure which one I will be DVR'ing but there is no way I am missing either of these games! For one, when is the last time Detroit was in Toronto and with the news of the realignment not happening, it may be ten years before they are there again...

...also, when was the last time the Lions were in the playoffs, 12 years ago, I hope they upset the Saints and get a rematch with either the Pack or the niner's (not sure which one) and if they lose, again it may be ten years before they are there again...

So, gotta watch them both, because it may be years before both are in this position again! :lol:

Welcome back Conner!

Projected DET Lines:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi

Filppula - Zetterberg - Hudler

Miller - Abdelakder - Cleary

Nyquist - Emmerton - Conner

Lidstrom - White

Kronwall - Stuart

Kindl - Ericsson

I recommend you check out the Leafs GDT on HFBoards here, it looks pretty sweet.

Also, Homer expects to be back tomorrow, and Helm might return tomorrow.

For the Leafs, Gardiner is out and Aulie and Franson are in for the Leafs.

Edited by Tim.D

Great article, I love that he wants to see Ozzie's stick

DETROIT -- Of all the historic artifacts at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, there was one piece of memorabilia, in particular, that Detroit Red Wings goaltender Jimmy Howard wanted to see Thursday night.

"I hope to take a picture by Ozzie’s stick and send it to him," Howard said.

That’s the stick former teammate Chris Osgood used to win his 400th game on Dec. 27, 2010. Howard said he planned to "hunt that down" during a private Hall-of-Fame tour the team received at the start of its annual fathers’ trip.

Anyone know if Tatar is called up? He posted a cryptic message on his twitter account.

I think I remember hearing that they were trying to have as many guys here for this road trip for the dads/mentors trip so maybe he was included and will play tonight or tomorrow.

Well all I can say is thank goodness for DVR! I am not sure which one I will be DVR'ing but there is no way I am missing either of these games! For one, when is the last time Detroit was in Toronto and with the news of the realignment not happening, it may be ten years before they are there again...

...also, when was the last time the Lions were in the playoffs, 12 years ago, I hope they upset the Saints and get a rematch with either the Pack or the niner's (not sure which one) and if they lose, again it may be ten years before they are there again...

So, gotta watch them both, because it may be years before both are in this position again! :lol:

I suspect Ken Daniels will be updating the Lions/Saints score during the Wings/Leafs game. Personally, I gotta watch the Lions game. We'll all be able to watch the 1st, and maybe some of the 2nd period(not sure exactly when kick-off is?) before the Lions game starts. Then I'll watch the Lions game (flipping back to the Red Wings during commercial breaks) until the Saints start blowing out the Lions, then I'll turn back to the Wings. Yes, I know, my confidence is weak.

I just don't want both the Lions AND The Wings to both lose. But if I had to choose, obviously I'm going to take a Wings loss over a Lions.

Edited by Hairy Lime

A full night for Wings hockey. Right when the Wings game will be ending the Griffins will begin playing, kind of a rare occurrence.

Something I haven't really announced before. For those that have registered on my site and never got approved or if you have any questions about your account; I'll be around most of the night. So contact me through PM here or email the site, I'll try to work on getting you set up.

I've got all my chores done. I've wished even strangers a happy new year. I've flossed. I've been kind and patient and giving most of this week.

Now win, dammit! This game seems important on SO many levels!!

And just think what my little corner of the world would be like if I did good stuff most of the time just for the hell of it. Go figure. :ph34r:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU TOO!!