• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/7 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Maple Leafs 4

Rate this topic

Well maybe our sniper will show up tomorrow...All hail Franzen the disappearer!

It is funny how he gets ripped for that when he still has been leading the team in goals (and tied for second in points).

What does that say about the rest of the team when the inconsistent Franzen continues to lead in that category despite his poor recent play?

It is funny how he gets ripped for that when he still has been leading the team in goals (and tied for second in points).

What does that say about the rest of the team when the inconsistent Franzen continues to lead in that category despite his poor recent play?

agreed. But sure needed him to put a goal in tonight, not when we are winning 5-0 already.

I'm guessing the Wings are gonna be pissed about the loss tonight (and Babcock will certainly help that along) and they'll win tomorrow night.

Then again, is it true Conklin's going to be in net? :blink: I know Howie needs a rest but boy, Babcock's timing....

i dont know, the guys played well but got mugged in the 1st really. out shooting a team in their barn

40-18 and not getting anything from it is tuff on them. i think that they will win in chi town, but im

not sure about using a guy like nyquist only 6+ mins in what is a checking role, his got alot more to

his game than that. helm conner and mursak could be a very handy 4th line for us, speed aplenty.

Howard was brutal in Dallas, he was the first to admit it. But to blame him for tonight... come on. Yah, he defs looked bad on that 4th goal, but on the other goals he was hung out to dry. The Wings have been dominant in most games recently, the only problem has been WAYYYYYYYYY too many breakaways and 2 on 1s against us!!! The past few games, the amt of breakaways and 2 on 1s against us has been terrible. I really like White, but he needs to watch when he is pinching for the puck because its always Nick back defending on 2 on 1s... so Babcock needs to get that sorted out.

Other than that I thought Pavel was our best player tonight, Cleary was our worst. I am also not happy Babs put Kindl into the lineup when Commie has been playing extremely well and we have been winning. If anything, Ericsson is pylon so let him sit. Hopefully Babs gets things ready to go tomorrow in Chicago so we can take over 2nd place in the west.

One other little thing that has been bugging me is the lack of powerplays the Wings are getting. Tonight, for example, they DOMINATED the game since their timeout, but yet they only got one powerplay?! They drew at least 3 legit calls imo, but no calls were made. To top that, their powerplay tonight is their only powerplay in 2 games!? The refs need to do a better job and never mind calling bogus penalty shots against us, and start to call the game properly.

Terrible, god-awful, not-very-good first period, rest of the game was exciting. Even though we're not really on the same plane quality-wise, it'd be nice to play Toronto more often. You can definitely tell there could be a rivalry if we played them more often.

I'm beginning to not like these multiple odd-man rushes against every game, whether we win or lose. And it's becoming clearer and clearer we still need some more reliable scoring. Datsyuk was a beast tonight, though.

we needed him today and he wasn't there. Some sniper we have... He is worse than Hudler...

You mean like the one time he did that this season?

half his goals have come when we were already winning...not very clutch. Sorry, I just expect more from our "Sniper." He is supposed to be up there with the rest of the NHL snipers, he needs to score when the team needs it, like tonight! Very disappointed in Franzen I am. And we are stuck with him and that God awful contract....like forever.

You know he is horrible when it comes down to being clutch. He just floats around out there most nights and never shows up when needed....much like tonight.

Edited by vladdy16

Have to agree. Hudler at least showed some grit tonight, I'll give him that. I think we're getting to the point where turning a win into a blowout isn't really needed, but someone to turn a one goal deficit into a tie-game is.

totally agree. Franzen is by far not the only one that needs to show up more, but he IS our sniper, right? At least that is what we are being told...he is better than Hossa....from what I hear..

Franzen was drafted as a 3/4 liner foremost, he has become a scorer, he is not what i would call a sniper per say. BUT on this current Wings roster he is the closest we have to one, so he does somewhat unfortunately carry the can.

Hopefully Kenny may address this, but i dont see any Lucky luc's or Brett's out there at present, who'll be available. This cap era sucks!!

I hate the loser point with a passion and I hate it even more now because the Wings can't get to OT to lose.

Missed opportunity big-time tonight to go up on Chicago because the Blackhawks are going to be fired up tomorrow and the Wings are playing B2B with Conklin starting. Babcock's start on time message really doesn't resonate a lot of nights for some reason. Gotta play 60 minutes in this league or you usually come up short.

we needed him today and he wasn't there. Some sniper we have... He is worse than Hudler...

:lol:

You have lost it.

half his goals have come when we were already winning...not very clutch.

And half of them have come when the game is tied.

SUPER CLUTCH!

Sorry, I just expect more from our "Sniper." He is supposed to be up there with the rest of the NHL snipers, he needs to score when the team needs it, like tonight! Very disappointed in Franzen I am. And we are stuck with him and that God awful contract....like forever.

Yeah, and we have to pay him a whole 4 million a season. Everyone run for the hills, because we won't be able to improve the team or trade him like ever.

You know he is horrible when it comes down to being clutch. He just floats around out there most nights and never shows up when needed....much like tonight.

It only took a year for Franzen to turn from "the most clutch player next to Zetterberg" to "the least clutch player on the team".

I'm not even saying Franzen has been up to par this season. But you are just getting ridiculous. The guy is struggling but still able to have more goals than anyone else on the team.

Temper the over the top hate.

Guest irishock

im about ready to want a trade franzen for semin or ryan. I really cant stand him anymore.

no.

:lol:

You have lost it.

And half of them have come when the game is tied.

SUPER CLUTCH!

Yeah, and we have to pay him a whole 4 million a season. Everyone run for the hills, because we won't be able to improve the team or trade him like ever.

It only took a year for Franzen to turn from "the most clutch player next to Zetterberg" to "the least clutch player on the team".

I'm not even saying Franzen has been up to par this season. But you are just getting ridiculous. The guy is struggling but still able to have more goals than anyone else on the team.

Temper the over the top hate.

Half of them have not come when the game was tied. Of those 8 GWG's, most of them were goals he scored when the team went up 2 or 3 goals and the other team fell short of a comeback and by default his goal was the game winner. Show me 8 GWG's from him when the score was tied and I will take back everything I have said.

edit: thought not.

Edited by LeftWinger

i dont know, the guys played well but got mugged in the 1st really. out shooting a team in their barn

40-18 and not getting anything from it is tuff on them. i think that they will win in chi town, but im

not sure about using a guy like nyquist only 6+ mins in what is a checking role, his got alot more to

his game than that. helm conner and mursak could be a very handy 4th line for us, speed aplenty.

I didn't see the game but I listened to it on the radio in the kitchen...I thought the same thing about Nyquist, I don't want to start a line thread but were do you put him and who do you demote?

PS- I snuck out of the kitchen and went up stairs for some wi-fi time and caught the last two minutes...was I the only one saying out loud "why the f*** is Cleary out there?"...and that was X2

Edited by 13dangledangle

Half of them have not come when the game was tied. Of those 8 GWG's, most of them were goals he scored when the team went up 2 or 3 goals and the other team fell short of a comeback and by default his goal was the game winner. Show me 8 GWG's from him when the score was tied and I will take back everything I have said.

edit: thought not.

I like how you waited three minutes before assuming I was too afraid to respond.

I had originally thought it was 8 goals when the game was tied, but I must have misread that. Either way, you disregarded the rest of my post to argue a minute point. Bad form.

I like how you waited three minutes before assuming I was too afraid to respond.

I had originally thought it was 8 goals when the game was tied, but I must have misread that. Either way, you disregarded the rest of my post to argue a minute point. Bad form.

Well, the rest of your post was fine. I hate Hudler and Franzen equally, ya, his cap hit is pretty small, and again, I dislike him with a passion, so I never thought he was as clutch as Zetterberg. BUT the 8 GWG, doesn't always mean they were actual goals that untied the game for a win. In all honesty I wish that was the way they credited GWG's instead of the way they do now. Sorry, Franzen could score 100 and Hudler 200 and I will never like them...

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

and just to add fuel to the fire

with the blues win tonight they are now atop the central division :ph34r: