• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Helm and Holmstrom return tonight!!

Yay!! They'll definitely help us out.

I get that about Conklin, but isn't that exactly a backup goalie's role? You could also flip it and say Conklin would get more starts if he performed better when given the shot. The Red Wings aren't in a position to give away points and Jimmy has been excellent, so throwing Conklin in against Chicago is a huge gamble given his goaltending abilities in every game but the first this season.

I do hope Conklin plays well tonight or Holland is definitely going to have to evaluate the situation further.

No matter how good the back up is you can't sit him 20 games and then expect him to come in and play top notch. It's about the team's confidence in him as well and they need to play in front of him a little more consistently for that to happen.

No matter how good the back up is you can't sit him 20 games and then expect him to come in and play top notch. It's about the team's confidence in him as well and they need to play in front of him a little more consistently for that to happen.

:clap:This!!!:thumbs-up:

Hasenfratz again tonight? Guess he got rewarded for that bogus penalty shot last night. Will we see another tonight?

(Yes, yes, I know the officiating assignments are made in advance, just making a joke...sort of.)

Ya never know. If there's a PS tonight.... ;)

Yay!! They'll definitely help us out.

This is true. In one regard this could be perfect timing to get him in. It may be that the 2nd night of a back to back, the Wings are likely to get the short end of the stick or against a team like the Hawks, Conks is likely to get shelled, so they can bring him back against the Isles to get his confidence and the teams' up. If he helps steal one, so much the better in all cases.

Edited by TheXym

i am so ******* sick of eddie O calling these games... god i hate when versus gets these exclusive nights...

Agreed. Any predictions on how long it'll be before he start talking about how good detroit is at "subtle interference?"

or maybe pointing out penalties that should've been called on Detroit.

GAME ON!

No brain farts like last night boys. Let's go!

Are they lighting the United Center with one floodlight? Or does it just look weirdly dark on Versus? I mean... NBC sports network...

It always looks strangely dark on tv during hockey games for some reason. Bulls games at the UC look much brighter. I've been there for a Wings/Hawks game and it isn't as dark as it looks.