• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Hopefully the Hawks' true colors show up now. They've escaped the first half of the season with shootout victories and awful defense. I expect St. Louis to be better than them in the standings this year.

We need to shower NBC with emails telling them that Olczyk shouldn't be doing the color on the Blackhawks games...he is just way too much of a homer to be doing a national broadcast like that. He was terribly one-sided tonight...drove me crazy.

Olczyk just shouldn't be allowed to do Chicago OR Pittsburgh games due to his connections to both franchises, simple as that. It would be like allowing Milbury to do an Isles game, letting Melrose do a Kings game or letting McCarty do a Wings game - there's a clear conflict of interest.

That might be my favorite win of the season so far. So satisfying to beat that team with their annoying ass fans and number one cheerleader calling the game. I agree with those who have said Olczyk shouldn't be allowed to be on national broacasts with the Blackhawks involved -- that was embarrassing and pathetic for an announcer who shouldn't have a bias.

Say what you will about Cleary, but he's one of the few players on the team that can/will score a goal like the one that tied it up. He goes to the net and gets ugly goals, which is extremely necessary in tight, low-scoring games. Especially for a team like the Red Wings lacking a goal-scorer, those types of goals are huge.

Conklin was very strong besides the first goal. I have quite a bit more confidence now in Conklin and hope he is able to follow-up tonight's game with another start fairly soon. The penalty shot wasn't very well-executed, but the game is over if that puck goes in the net still.

Loved everything about this game, besides the garbage officiating yet again on this road trip. Oh well... DETROIT SUCKS in first place!

We need to shower NBC with emails telling them that Olczyk shouldn't be doing the color on the Blackhawks games...he is just way too much of a homer to be doing a national broadcast like that. He was terribly one-sided tonight...drove me crazy.

Any ideas who exactly we could email? I don't mind NBC taking local broadcasters and using them, I would just prefer them to not be covering their own team. It turns into terrible commentary like we had tonight.

Eddie O's sigh after Pavel's goal was the highlight of the night.

Yeah I heard that. Way to maintain your objectivity Edzo... Ugh.

What's so special about him that he has to be the guy doing the commentary?

He's doing a serviceable job, I suppose, but not a particularly good one.

Some of the best parts of the night for me:

The Kronwall hit on the rookie.

The save on Kane in the last couple seconds of the 3rd. Kane had all day to snipe and he's one of the best at doing that. Huge stop by Conklin who played huge all game.

Coming back from behind again.

Finding the mute button on my remote.

The Datsyuk overtime goal of course.

Guest Crymson

29 pages for a win. Are you happy, HT001?

Yeah I heard that. Way to maintain your objectivity Edzo... Ugh.

What's so special about him that he has to be the guy doing the commentary?

It's pretty ridiculous that he's allowed to do it.

Such a hard game! and two early goals that made it apparently more difficult. The good thing is we turned it around and won the game.

Huge Franzen on that last hit at Montador!

And yeah, HUGE game by Conklin tonight! i also believe that he deserves more starts and more confidence. On his last games the team did not play so well, in this one the team played pretty good and he did an outstanding job! He deserves more starts and give Jimmy some rest.

Now, let's keep going on with the wins!

Guest irishock

We have NYI on the road on Tuesday... Gotta play Conks, his confidence level is high now.

Montador did hit him first but I don't think he was expecting a punch to the head. All in all I hope there's no riff raff for the Wings sake.

Of course Montador wasn't expecting a punch of any sort, he mauled a Red Wing, and a "soft euro" to boot, lol. Good on Mule for standing up for himself.

Anyone think Franzen will get suspended or fined for that sucker punch on Montador?

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

Franzén has scored two goals and five points in the last four games.

Anyone think Franzen will get suspended or fined for that sucker punch on Montador?

No way in hell. If sucker punches during goalmouth scrums were suspendable, we'd see a lot more suspensions than we do now.