• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/8 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

No way in hell. If sucker punches during goalmouth scrums were suspendable, we'd see a lot more suspensions than we do now.

Plus, Montador punched Mule in the back of the head right before that.

Imagine where we'd be in the standings had we won last night in Toronto :angry:

I agree.

They played flat in Toronto in that first period which resulted in 3 first period goals for Toronto. Then, after they tied the game, they went to sleep again on that game winning goal. I know its a long season, but I really feel that they pissed that game away.

First place at not even the half way point of the season isn't really notable. I am looking for them to make the playoffs and then win the Stanley Cup.

Overall, a great game by the Wings on Sunday night though.

Finally managed to catch the game on the dvr this morning before work. It's nice to see that Brent Seabrook is putting his diploma from the Joe Thornton School of Diving to work. Personally, I'm looking forward to the new divisional playoff system (if realignment ever happens) so the Wings can knock off the Hawks in the first or second round each & every year.

Edited by ogreslayer

1326098120[/url]' post='2243417']

Still pretty useless. He had a horrible game except for a few shifts in the 3rd where he actually did something. I'll take Hudler over Cleary any day.

I don't think Babcock would. Hmmm. Wonder why?

Troy Murray helped a lot; in the Second Intermission, he reeled off a lot of negative stats on Zetterberg and speculated as to whether or not he and Datsyuk are playing through injuries. In the wrap-up, the second best stat was given: Chicago is pointless in five of their last seven games.

ESPN? Really?

I believe McCarty did some Wings games, but he's more objective than the other guys.

I don't remember Mac ever calling a game. He was on VS for intermission reports, but that was all. I wouldn't have a problem with Edzo doing that, it's his commentary during the game that is over the top.

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

Pretty sure he scored the GWG in Dallas.

Would we notice if he was gone for a game or two, the way he's been playing? Not hating. Just think he's been pretty quiet lately. Maybe Shanaban, can do what Babcock refuses to do, and sit him for a game. Although he might not get the same message from the league as he would from Babcock.

Only if we need a Game Winning Goal. Since he leads the entire frickin league with GWG. Do you expect one every night?

This is where the game ends http://hfboards.com/...1074827&page=12

This was a good one too:

It seems that if you wear a Redwings jersey, interfering, tripping, high sticking, slashing, too many men, etc. is a well coached play. If another team does it it usually ends up in a penalty. They get away with more crap than any other team I have watched.

After an optional workout at the Hawks' practice facility down the street from the United Center, coach Joel Quenneville told reporters that star forward Patrick Sharp will be out "three-to-four weeks" with an undisclosed upper body injury

Quenneville, however, doesn't want his team trying to overcompensate for the loss of Sharp by straying too far from the Hawks' tight-checking and solid defensive efforts that often lead to good offensive scoring chances

Hahahah "Solid Defensive Effort" #20 in the league in GAA

That 9 game road trip starting January 31st could be a problem if Sharp isn't back.

Guest Hatethedrake!

When the Wings get all these away games out of the way, their schedule is going to be much better down the stretch. We will see what the Hawks are made of during their big road trip.

After an optional workout at the Hawks' practice facility down the street from the United Center, coach Joel Quenneville told reporters that star forward Patrick Sharp will be out "three-to-four weeks" with an undisclosed upper body injury

Quenneville, however, doesn't want his team trying to overcompensate for the loss of Sharp by straying too far from the Hawks' tight-checking and solid defensive efforts that often lead to good offensive scoring chances

Hahahah "Solid Defensive Effort" #20 in the league in GAA

That 9 game road trip starting January 31st could be a problem if Sharp isn't back.

This only sucks because Sharp is one the big guns on my fantasy team. There is always a catch.

Hudler's active stick really messed Sharp up. Those dirty Red Wings were just trying to injure everyone last night.

I thought it was hilarious when Edzo blamed Huds for that. I don't think he could have tapped him any softer.

Anyone think Franzen will get suspended or fined for that sucker punch on Montador?

He better not. Franzen got punched in the head while he was laying prostrate on the ice. If you're enough of a ***** to punch someone who's face down on the ice, you can put your big-boy Underoos on and take a punch to the face in response.

We should get after NBC. That sigh is s*** you hear on local homertastic radio broadcasts, not on a supposedly unbiased national broadcast. Disgusting.

I was just watching the replays again to see Montador get rocked, but I couldn't help but listen to see Olczyk's response and first comment after the goal. Doc is going off about Datsyuk, Edzo sighs in angst, Pierrer praises the Wings for their work down low and says Pav puts it in, and then Edzo says "Off of Nick Leddy. We talked about it before..." and then goes on to ***** and moan. It is disgusting how that's all he has to say and goes straight to the excuses. I'm sure that whole time he was quiet after his sigh he was having them cue up the replay so he could let the excuses rain down. Screw this, we should all write NBC.

Edited by vladdy16