• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Iginla Scores His 500th Career Goal

Rate this topic

Jarome Iginla is the 42nd player to reach the 500 goal plateau. He's scored 33 points in 43 games this season. Hopefully he remains a Flame for the rest of his career, you just don't see many guys play their entire careers for one organization anymore.

Here's to many more, Iggy (As long as they're not against us) :thumbup:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Jarome Iginla is the 42nd player to reach the 500 goal plateau. He's scored 33 points in 43 games this season. Hopefully he remains a Flame for the rest of his career, you just don't see many guys play their entire careers for one organization anymore.

Here's to many more, Iggy (As long as they're not against us) :thumbup:

I don't know about the Flames for his entire career though. I guess the Flames are talking to some teams about a "blockbuster" trade, and he might be in the center of it. It would also be nice for him to get a cup, too.

I agree, we've won enough Stanley Cups already.

Let's not get greedy, folks.

Right, we should give a chance for Iginla to win even more cups with Calgary. Even more. Than he already has. In his career. With Calgary. More. Because he already has a bunch. More than 0. Already. Because Iginla = Cup. Proven by the cup rings he has. On his fingers. From his past. Historically speaking.

Right, we should give a chance for Iginla to win even more cups with Calgary. Even more. Than he already has. In his career. With Calgary. More. Because he already has a bunch. More than 0. Already. Because Iginla = Cup. Proven by the cup rings he has. On his fingers. From his past. Historically speaking.

Why waste your time with that post? You know what I meant.

He hasn't won the Cup because his team and management have been a freaking joke. He's done his part carrying them offensively every year.

Acquiring a guy like that gives us a better chance to win the Cup than our current roster. We have cap space and tradeable assets.

hmm....

Eaves, a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Iginla and a 4th...

nono....*puts on the red glasses with the wings extending from the lens frames*

MILLER, A HOT N READY PIZZA AND THE USED ZAMBONI SCRAPINGS FOR IGINLA!

DO IT KENNY!

hmm....

Eaves, a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Iginla and a 4th...

nono....*puts on the red glasses with the wings extending from the lens frames*

MILLER, A HOT N READY PIZZA AND THE USED ZAMBONI SCRAPINGS FOR IGINLA!

DO IT KENNY!

Replace Eaves with one of our better prospects and I think you'll be closer to the truth. They probably would want Pulkinnen or Nyquist, a guy that may come close to bringing half of what Iginla has brought to the Flames. I don't think a 4th liner and two bad draft picks even tempts them.

I know. And how many racked them up during the 80s and early 90s?

What a silly thing to say...of course players have accumulated more goals during the 80's and 90's, it only just turned 2012! So yes, more points have been scored in a 20 year period then a 12 year period, congrats on your logic!

What a silly thing to say...of course players have accumulated more goals during the 80's and 90's, it only just turned 2012! So yes, more points have been scored in a 20 year period then a 12 year period, congrats on your logic!

Congrats on your logic, in completely misunderstanding my point - which is that Iginla, having played the best years of his career in the dead puck era, to have scored 500 goals is a fine achievement. A finer achievement than some of the other 500-club members who racked up easy goals in the 80s.

Iginla was top goalscorer one year with just 41 goals, compared to 20 years ago when 70, 80, even 90 goals were being scored.

Congrats on your logic, in completely misunderstanding my point - which is that Iginla, having played the best years of his career in the dead puck era, to have scored 500 goals is a fine achievement. A finer achievement than some of the other 500-club members who racked up easy goals in the 80s.

Iginla was top goalscorer one year with just 41 goals, compared to 20 years ago when 70, 80, even 90 goals were being scored.

I see your point