• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Pittsburg Easiest Team to Beat in NHL

Rate this topic

Apparently there are now rumblings that players on Pittsburgh are beginning to get annoyed with Crosby. I must admit, I always enjoy watching a good trainwreck happening (like the goalie-go-round in St. Louis some years back or, well, just about any season in Long Island) and this is no exception.

So for now, this is me:

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

Apparently there are now rumblings that players on Pittsburgh are beginning to get annoyed with Crosby. I must admit, I always enjoy watching a good trainwreck happening (like the goalie-go-round in St. Louis some years back or, well, just about any season in Long Island) and this is no exception.

So for now, this is me:

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

The good old media. I think the media is getting more and more annoyed that they aren't given constant updates, so they make stuff up to force people to talk to them.

This should sut the media up for a little while at least

Question: What if Crosby never returns? If you are Shero and have reasonable doubt that Crosby may never make a full recovery, do you trade him while you can? Get something of value before he hangs em up? Would that be unethical (even for the penguins org.) knowing he likely may not play another game?

Question: What if Crosby never returns? If you are Shero and have reasonable doubt that Crosby may never make a full recovery, do you trade him while you can? Get something of value before he hangs em up? Would that be unethical (even for the penguins org.) knowing he likely may not play another game?

Not going to happen, if Crosby trade talks even hit the market then no team would take the risk because if the Penguins give up on him then he will most likely never be the same therefore has no value, unless a team just completely rolls the dice thinking they know more than the organization that's been through the whole injury with the player in question.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I take it as a compliment. Just because it's coming from you. :)

If you want to be proud of having the capability of being gaining self fulfillment from the suffering of someone you have never met's misfortune of having his entire career in the balance because of a life altering injury then be my guest. But, I'd like to think our fan base can do better that's all.

Edited by Carman

I'm doubtful that any particular incident set Crosby back. The collision with Kunitz banged up his knee and there wasn't any contact with the head. Most people suspect the Krejci elbow but to me it seemed pretty garden variety. In any case, he was not re-concussed, which is good. Seems to me the more likely scenario is the symptoms from the previous one returned when he was back in full game speed taking on hits and contact from opposing players rather than just teammates. As what he suffered in January was pretty bad, having a setback the following fall probably shouldn't be a surprise. He's apparently still having problems with his balance, for what it's worth.

The media, especially in Pittsburgh, always stirs up a bunch of s*** and blows things out of proportion when they don't get their Crosby fix, but really there isn't much to say if there's no updates to give. It was especially bad this week, Crosby finally gave an update and said something along the lines of these things always coming up when a team is losing...that and he said something along the lines of the media and people caring so much only because the Steelers lost, which I thought was pretty funny.

Last night, in response to the rumors and media (and one article in particular) all the players came out on the ice in practice with a "C" taped on their jerseys in support of Crosby, which I thought was a nice gesture. Seeing guys do things like this when times are harder and uncertain mean just as much to me as the times they're winning games and scoring highlight reel goals.

For those of us that have followed the team long term, it always seems like things are either really really great OR really crappy.

I'm still pretty concerned about him and it's a frustrating situation for everyone, but there's not much you can do, really. I'd be very sad if he has to hang up his skates but he has the rest of his life to think about. He's spoken to a lot of older players that had suffered several concussions and if I were in 87's position I'm more inclined to listen to them than anyone else on the matter.

Edited by Free_Candy

I apparently haven't been paying attention, but what happened to Crosby again? Is he back to crying about his concussions?

Pretty awesome to make jokes about a guys concussion issues. Not having Crosby playing does nothing good for the NHL whether you like him or not.

Good, I like to see Pens fans humbled. That lineup looks like an AHL roster. Lets see what the refs and Dan Bylsma can do with that rag tag group.

me too. the only thing that could make this better is if it happened to the canucks too and both teams finished 9th in their conference! cynical? yes. do i care? no the all star game would be watchable without cindy or the sedin sisters and that f***hole kesler. he's a douchesicle.

Since this topic was started I'd like to point out that the Pens lost one more game on January 10th and now have gone on a 5 game winning streak that has seen Malkin absolutely rip s*** up.

Karma. It exists.