• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Speculation on Red Wings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I'd love it if we traded Stu to SJ for a few picks, then bring in Suter. Follow that up with trading a 3rd/4th liner and draft picks, for Bobby Ryan.

I'd love it if you'd stop pretending that this was NHL 12.

Correction: that trade wouldn't be accepted even in NHL 12.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Holland did get Stuart for a few picks from LA. The price wouldn't get him out of Detroit. However the fact is that he was indeed traded for a couple of draft picks back in 2008.

Guest Crymson

Tatar, Kindl, and a first rounder fits your description, but I don’t think that would be enough.

It really doesn't. Tatar is not a very good prospect and Kindl is a #6 defenseman.

Holland did get Stuart for a few picks from LA. The price wouldn't get him out of Detroit. However the fact is that he was indeed traded for a couple of draft picks back in 2008.

I was talking about the Bobby Ryan trade. That said, it would be asinine for Holland to disrupt the defensive corps by trading away Stuart, let alone by doing so for a few mediocre draft picks.

Also, Stuart was traded for picks by a team that was far out of the playoff race, one looking for some assets in exchange for its upcoming UFAs. Different story.

Guest Hatethedrake!

It really doesn't. Tatar is not a very good prospect and Kindl is a #6 defenseman.

That price would not get it done. However accorrding to REAL NHL experts, Tatar is indeed a very good prospect.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kindl off to the Oil for Hemsky, exclamation.gif

Hemsky has that bad shoulder and he hasn't scored much this year. I would take Ruutu over him because I think his crash and bang game is more needed on the Wings than Hemsky's passing and stickhandling are. Kindl doesn't have much trade value. The Oilers are in need of some blueline help though.

I'd love it if the site wasn't so full of condescending assholes who feel as if they are superior to everyone else with their opinions. If you don't agree fine, but feel free to leave the arrogant attitude out of your response.

Edited by ben_usmc

Guest Crymson

I'd love it if the site wasn't so full of condescending assholes who feel as if they are superior to everyone else with their opinions. If you don't agree fine, but feel free to leave the arrogant attitude out of your response.

It's annoying when people ignore official information that has been made very clear--in this case, what the Ducks have said about wanting core pieces in exchange for core pieces--and act as if other teams would somehow be interested in trading excellent players for our replaceable parts.

That price would not get it done. However accorrding to REAL NHL experts, Tatar is indeed a very good prospect.

Tatar is very unproven. If he's an excellent prospect, why is he not yet even a significant AHL star despite already being near the end of his waiver-exempt period? Why has he already been eclipsed by Nyqvist? I don't see Tatar being anything more than a 20-goal scorer, at best.

I agree that I worded my description of him vaguely; by "not a very good prospect," I mean that he is not a very good prospect, i.e. not exceptional. He is not good enough to be a major component of a trade for a significant NHL player.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Hatethedrake!

It's annoying when people ignore official information that has been made very clear--in this case, what the Ducks have said about wanting core pieces in exchange for core pieces--and act as if other teams would somehow be interested in trading excellent players for our replaceable parts.

Tatar is very unproven. If he's an excellent prospect, why is he not yet even a significant AHL star despite already being near the end of his waiver-exempt period? Why has he already been eclipsed by Nyqvist? I don't see Tatar being anything more than a 20-goal scorer, at best.

I agree that I worded my description of him vaguely; by "not a very good prospect," I mean that he is not a very good prospect, i.e. not exceptional. He is not good enough to be a major component of a trade for a significant NHL player.

Why do I think Tatar is an excellent prospect? Because Ken Holland says he is. No offense but I will take his word over yours. :lol:

Nyquist has eclipsed him? There is no proof. Holland takes his time with his prospects. Just because Nyquist has been called up more recently than Tatar has been does not mean he has eclipsed him in the organizational depth chart. He is good enough to be a major component in a trade for a significant NHL player. Which is the only way Holland would deal him. We don't know if he will progress to be a future star. Right now however, he IS a very good prospect with a very bright future ahead of him.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Before you get a twisty, let me clarify on my original post. The post I responded to stated this.

And stop playing a franchise with the Wings in NHL 12. Bobby Ryan would almost certainly cost us a top 3 prospect, Roster player, and maybe a 1st and another pick (cause our picks aren't exactly great). Ottawa's GM didn't do anyone besides Don Maloney any favors with that Turris trade. Rundblad and a good pick for Turris means a fortune for Bobby Ryan.

So I said Tatar. Not a top prospect (Smith/Nyquist) but I think many have him as one of our top 3. Switch him with Pullkinen, Jarnkrok, or Sheahan if you want.

I was simply pointing out that it would take more than our third best prospect. Thanks for helping me out.

Erik Karlsson, his contract is up at the end of this season. Really like this kid, can skate like the wind and is so smooth over the ice. The Sens aint going to let him sniff the free agent water thou, but id try and tempt him a 21 yr old with over 150 games under his belt, but i suppose if Smith had been drafted by the Sens then he'd have played the same amount.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Tatar is one of the Wings' best prospects and is slated as a top line player. He's going to be fantastic once he breaks through. Howard wasn't very good in the AHL, either. He's only dropped from top spot because Nyquist has had such a fantastic year in the AHL out of nowhere, really. I don't remember hearing much talk about Nyquist before this year.

Edited by VM1138

Erik Karlsson, his contract is up at the end of this season. Really like this kid, can skate like the wind and is so smooth over the ice. The Sens aint going to let him sniff the free agent water thou, but id try and tempt him a 21 yr old with over 150 games under his belt, but i suppose if Smith had been drafted by the Sens then he'd have played the same amount.

He's going to be RFA at the end of this season, not UFA.

Suter is definitely the better option out of him and Weber, but to whoever suggested trading Stuart to San Jose I must wag my finger at you. Do you really want to wind up facing Stuart in the playoffs on a strong team like San Jose? Stuart is one of the better stay-at-home defensemen in the league, and always seems to make the crazy "I think I'm a goalie" stops when defense breaks down. I sure don't want to have the Wings play against him in the playoffs.

:blink:

I don't understand this sentence. Please explain it to me.

there are plenty of UFA's coming up to replace guys like Stuart,Lidstrom,Bertuzzi and Holmstrom i they do not come back, No one will EVER replace Lidstrom but this is just a few guys to fill in on both sides

D)

Ryan Suter

Johnny Boychuck

Dennis Wideman

Barret Jackman

Cory Sarich

Matt Carle

F)

Zach Parise

Ales Hemsky

Brad Boyes

Tuomo Ruutu

Greg Campbell

Brandon Prust

Trent Hunter

would love to get Suter and Parise in the off season...just thinking about it gives me the biggest hard on...

but if we had to go with only one of them I would have to pick Suter..if Lids leaves next year we are going to need all the help on D that we can get..

there are plenty of UFA's coming up to replace guys like Stuart,Lidstrom,Bertuzzi and Holmstrom i they do not come back, No one will EVER replace Lidstrom but this is just a few guys to fill in on both sides

D)

Ryan Suter

Johnny Boychuck

Dennis Wideman

Barret Jackman

Cory Sarich

Matt Carle

F)

Zach Parise

Ales Hemsky

Brad Boyes

Tuomo Ruutu

Greg Campbell

Brandon Prust

Trent Hunter

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Prust-Eaves

Suter-Kronwall

Sarich-White

Ericsson-B.Smith

Kindl

That doesn't look too bad.

how about

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Nyquist-Helm-Mursak

Campbell-Abdelkader-Miller

Eaves

Emmerton

Tatar

Kronwall-Suter

Boychuk-White

Ericcson-Kindl

Smith

i think Boychuk adds some good speed on the back end, a BOMB shot from the point,adds size,another right handed shot and he's a big hitter and also drops the mits, and also with guys like Kampfer and D.Hamilton coming up for the Bruins they might just let him walk

This is just a thought and as far as my knowledge on trading and draft picks, prospects, etc. goes, I am not very knowledgable but I had this idea in the shower this morning and I was just wondering if it could work....

With Stuart all but writing it down, we can almost ensure that he is going to be moving out West. With Anaheim being at the bottom of the conference and their recent statement that everyone is up for sale minus a few (don't recall exact players), why couldn't we send Stuart to Anaheim for a 1st round pick and another along with a prospect. Stuart would be a great anchor for them to start building their defense around. Beauchemin and Stuart would make a great top pair from what I can recall about Beauchemin's play. Also, this would give us the opportunity to draft a young player high in draft (assuming Anaheim doesn't go bat s*** in the 2nd half of the season) or keep that draft pick and trade it away for players or draft picks later in the draft as the Red Wings have been one to do in years past. If the season ended today, the Ducks would have the 4th overall pick in the draft. I think Stuart would be an immediate impact player and he could start right away. With us having so many defensive prospects and the cap space available this offseason (assuming a trade deadline move didn't happen) we could easily replace Stuart with someone younger or a player such as Suter or Boychuck.

Again, my knowledge on this topic is very limited I just thought of this on the fly. Is there something I missed? Would this work and is it something that could potentially happen?

This is just a thought and as far as my knowledge on trading and draft picks, prospects, etc. goes, I am not very knowledgable but I had this idea in the shower this morning and I was just wondering if it could work....

With Stuart all but writing it down, we can almost ensure that he is going to be moving out West. With Anaheim being at the bottom of the conference and their recent statement that everyone is up for sale minus a few (don't recall exact players), why couldn't we send Stuart to Anaheim for a 1st round pick and another along with a prospect. Stuart would be a great anchor for them to start building their defense around. Beauchemin and Stuart would make a great top pair from what I can recall about Beauchemin's play. Also, this would give us the opportunity to draft a young player high in draft (assuming Anaheim doesn't go bat s*** in the 2nd half of the season) or keep that draft pick and trade it away for players or draft picks later in the draft as the Red Wings have been one to do in years past. If the season ended today, the Ducks would have the 4th overall pick in the draft. I think Stuart would be an immediate impact player and he could start right away. With us having so many defensive prospects and the cap space available this offseason (assuming a trade deadline move didn't happen) we could easily replace Stuart with someone younger or a player such as Suter or Boychuck.

Again, my knowledge on this topic is very limited I just thought of this on the fly. Is there something I missed? Would this work and is it something that could potentially happen?

The only way i think Stuart gets traded is if another D comes back in the deal or the Wings drop out of the playoffs and i would bet anything that doesnt happen

how about this deal

To ANA-Stuart,Hudler and a pick or prospect

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

Sure Ryan has more potential but as of right now hudler has 2more PTS, it also gives ANA the option of resigning Hudler or spending money elsewhere in the off-season, they get help on the back end which they need badly and for the Wings they get Ryan a big guy right hand shot and potential through the roof to put up big numbers and Brookbank adds some toughness and not to bad on the back end , he wont put up to many PTS but can shutdown pretty good and is a at the end of the season

The only way i think Stuart gets traded is if another D comes back in the deal or the Wings drop out of the playoffs and i would bet anything that doesnt happen

how about this deal

To ANA-Stuart,Hudler and a pick or prospect

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

Sure Ryan has more potential but as of right now hudler has 2more PTS, it also gives ANA the option of resigning Hudler or spending money elsewhere in the off-season, they get help on the back end which they need badly and for the Wings they get Ryan a big guy right hand shot and potential through the roof to put up big numbers and Brookbank adds some toughness and not to bad on the back end , he wont put up to many PTS but can shutdown pretty good and is a at the end of the season

I like what you did here. The only thing I'm thinking is that Hudler is going to have to continue to put up points like he has been all the way up to the deadline to become a valuable trade asset. Right now if I am a Gm, I am thinking he is just going through a phase. If he can continue to put points up, stay healthy, and prove he has some value on another team, I think that's the only time he could be considered a trade option. But overall, I think Ryan and Brookbank would look great in a the Winged Wheel.

Also, did they say that Ryan was one of the "untouchables"? I had this thought midway through my response.