• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Speculation on Red Wings

Rate this topic

I like what you did here. The only thing I'm thinking is that Hudler is going to have to continue to put up points like he has been all the way up to the deadline to become a valuable trade asset. Right now if I am a Gm, I am thinking he is just going through a phase. If he can continue to put points up, stay healthy, and prove he has some value on another team, I think that's the only time he could be considered a trade option. But overall, I think Ryan and Brookbank would look great in a the Winged Wheel.

Also, did they say that Ryan was one of the "untouchables"? I had this thought midway through my response.

I thought i heard Selanne,Fowler were the only untouchables could be wrong though, even if Hudler slips a little could be a good deal for the Ducks you save 2mill from Ryan to Hudler even if they choose to resign him around the same next season it will give them that extra cap space 1-2mill to spend elsewhere and still leaves key pieces like Perry,Getzlaf,Stuart,Fowler even Hudler on a 2nd,3rd line/PP unit, also like i said Hudler as of right now i believe has the same amount of PTS as Ryan and Brookbank together then you throw in Stuart and a pick or prospect thats pretty good, but ya i agree with you about Hudler needing to to keep putting up PTS until the deadline

I thought i heard Selanne,Fowler were the only untouchables could be wrong though, even if Hudler slips a little could be a good deal for the Ducks you save 2mill from Ryan to Hudler even if they choose to resign him around the same next season it will give them that extra cap space 1-2mill to spend elsewhere and still leaves key pieces like Perry,Getzlaf,Stuart,Fowler even Hudler on a 2nd,3rd line/PP unit, also like i said Hudler as of right now i believe has the same amount of PTS as Ryan and Brookbank together then you throw in Stuart and a pick or prospect thats pretty good, but ya i agree with you about Hudler needing to to keep putting up PTS until the deadline

At the time of this post, Perry has 35 points while Hudler has 27 with the same amount of games played. If you go back further and look at past seasons, Perry put up 98 pts in 2010/2011, Hudler wasn't even close to that. Perry in 09/10 put up 76 points while Hudler put up 54 in the KHL. If you look at their STATS side by side, Perry is definitely the better player as least as far as points goes. I don't see the Ducks giving up Perry for a guy who has yet to prove that he can consistently bring the offensive power that they would lose with Perry. I'm all for the Ducks taking Hudler, a prospect (such as Tartar) and a few picks. I'm not sure though. I am going to hate to see Stewie go but if the price is right, the return is right, and it can help the Wings make a run at the cup this year, I'll say goodbye with a less bitter heart.

Edit: Grammer

Edited by WingZNut13

I dont think they would move Perry after the season he had last year thats why i think they move Getzlaf or Ryan

Yeah I'm with you on that. I accidentally compared Perry instead of Ryan. Oops. My apologies.

But I think the trade deadline will be very inresting for us considering the cap space that we have available as well as the prospects that we may or may not be willing to dish out.

I think holland obviously wants to win a Cup every year but im sure even more so if it is Lidstroms last season, Prospects like Mrzek and Pulkinen had pretty awesome WJ Tournys just the amount prospects/young guys we have are huge right now and could package some to make some real nice deals!.....Cormier,Oduya,Bergfors for Kovalchuk?....sooooo Stuart,Hudler,Emmerton and a pick for Parise and Volchenkov ? lol

Tatar

Pulkinen

Mrzek

Ferraro

Emmerton

Nyquist

Kindl

Smith

Andersson

McCullom

and thats just off the top of my head, i think Holland made a mistake from day one in signing both Miller and Eaves i dont think he expected Emmerton,Nyquist to be as good/ready

The only way i think Stuart gets traded is if another D comes back in the deal or the Wings drop out of the playoffs and i would bet anything that doesnt happen

how about this deal

To ANA-Stuart,Hudler and a pick or prospect

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

Sure Ryan has more potential but as of right now hudler has 2more PTS, it also gives ANA the option of resigning Hudler or spending money elsewhere in the off-season, they get help on the back end which they need badly and for the Wings they get Ryan a big guy right hand shot and potential through the roof to put up big numbers and Brookbank adds some toughness and not to bad on the back end , he wont put up to many PTS but can shutdown pretty good and is a at the end of the season

IMO you would need to replace the pick/prospect with Mule for that trade to work for Anaheim. Both Stuart and Hudler will need to be re-signed, and Stuart's possible move gives any west coast team less incentive to trade a major asset for him. The Ducks have said they need a core player in return for a core player. Stuart is a core player, but his contract situation brings his value down. Further, Hudler is not IMO a core player, and he also has a contract situation.

IMO you would need to replace the pick/prospect with Mule for that trade to work for Anaheim. Both Stuart and Hudler will need to be re-signed, and Stuart's possible move gives any west coast team less incentive to trade a major asset for him. The Ducks have said they need a core player in return for a core player. Stuart is a core player, but his contract situation brings his value down. Further, Hudler is not IMO a core player, and he also has a contract situation.

I don't know about that Franzen,Stuart and Hudler for Ryan IMO is defintly an overpayment

I'd love it if we traded Stu to SJ for a few picks, then bring in Suter. Follow that up with trading a 3rd/4th liner and draft picks, for Bobby Ryan.

I hope not Stu is the 2nd best D-man we have and the most consistent physical player we have

Hopefully this is just Holland playing it close to his vest.

The Detroit Red Wings have more cap space than they’ve ever had since this system was put in place in 2005. They’ll be looking to add, but not at all costs.

"We got cap space, I’m going to work the phones like I always do over the next six to seven weeks," Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com Thursday. "If there’s a fit, we’ll do something, but if there isn’t, I don’t feel the urge to do something for the sake of doing something. I like our team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/13788/rumblings-montreal-moves-cammalleri-bs-devils-wild-have-tough-decisions

I hope your right Harold. I like this team too but not sure how deep in the playoffs they get with this line up. Even a minor change could inject some hungar.

Hopefully this is just Holland playing it close to his vest.

The Detroit Red Wings have more cap space than they’ve ever had since this system was put in place in 2005. They’ll be looking to add, but not at all costs.

"We got cap space, I’m going to work the phones like I always do over the next six to seven weeks," Wings GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com Thursday. "If there’s a fit, we’ll do something, but if there isn’t, I don’t feel the urge to do something for the sake of doing something. I like our team."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/13788/rumblings-montreal-moves-cammalleri-bs-devils-wild-have-tough-decisions

When I read that, I think two things. The first is that Holland obviously isn't prepared to trade a 1st round pick, a top 3 prospect, and an above average roster player for a guy like Parise. I'd have to agree with this approach. The second thing I think about, and what concerns me the most, is how much does he like this team? I like the team too, but there are obvious areas for improvement. Holland knows this, so I think this is the part of the quote that Holland displays any real kind of diplomacy or slyness. I can't see him coming out and saying "I don't think we can win without another top six winger and grit in the bottom six." BUT if he really think's this team can't be improved by swapping fringe assets for a Moen-type, or trading a non bank-breaking package for a top six guy like Ruutu, then I'd have to question his judgement. I doubt this is the case though.

Basically, what I take away from that quote is that he won't mortgage the future for a rental or get in a crazy bidding war for that top six winger every playoff team wants.

Edit to add: any LGW sleuths want to try and dig up some pre-deadline quotes form Holand in 08 before he traded a 4th round pick for Brad Stewart? I bet he was saying the same type of thing then

Edited by rick zombo

I never take anything seriously Holland says anymore. Who know what he is thinking, but if he can't work out a deal with the Yotes for Doan it will be disappointing... Greg Campbell would be great for that gritty bottom six guy.