• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

I love how it says Homer is likely quitting instead of retiring.

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

I would be suprised if Bert goes anywhere. He's mentioned that he would love to finish his career in Detroit if given the chance and I would guess he would be willing to do it on the cheap. He's proven to be a good teammate and will play on any of the top 3 lines if asked.

Nothing happens until Lidstrom makes his decision and being the classy guy that he is he usually makes that decision with enough time for management to adjust ( especially if he decides to hang em up this year ). Lids stays then there is no way obviously that Suter is an option. Either way I like our D. Stuart is key though, it's going to be hard to keep him here.

Suter will still be a likely target if Lidstrom stays. We'll still have the money, and this summer is the best crop of free agent defensemen in years I think. So even if Lidstrom stays we'll still need someone to fill in and this will be our best chance to get one. Suter is a target no matter what.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

If Lidstrom plays another year and Stuart stays as well. I hope that they go after a real good goal scorer. I would like to see Hudlers money go towards that.

We are in big trouble if Stuart and Lids go in the same year. Suter would be great but he is going to get offered crazy money and is he worth it?

#24 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

I want to see the Wings go for Jarret Stoll as a buy low candidate. Having a terrible year in LA but he's a guy who is great on faceoffs, has a huge right handed shot that would play well on the PP, solid penalty killer and is gritty as hell.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,508 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I want to see the Wings go for Jarret Stoll as a buy low candidate. Having a terrible year in LA but he's a guy who is great on faceoffs, has a huge right handed shot that would play well on the PP, solid penalty killer and is gritty as hell.

His stock has been slowly dropping since he was traded from Edmonton...I like the guy.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 678 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

Honest question here: with all the talk of Stuart leaving, I seem to recall hearing something here (uncited, IIRC) about him selling his California (San Jose?) home. Does he hold another home in SoCal? Did he relocate his family to Detroit?

If that rumor was true, it would stand to reason that one of the two scenarios above is likely and would definitely play into his decision as to where to play next year.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'd love it if we traded Stu to SJ for a few picks, then bring in Suter. Follow that up with trading a 3rd/4th liner and draft picks, for Bobby Ryan.

I'd love it if you'd stop pretending that this was NHL 12.

Correction: that trade wouldn't be accepted even in NHL 12.

#28 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Holland did get Stuart for a few picks from LA. The price wouldn't get him out of Detroit. However the fact is that he was indeed traded for a couple of draft picks back in 2008.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#29 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Tatar, Kindl, and a first rounder fits your description, but I donít think that would be enough.

It really doesn't. Tatar is not a very good prospect and Kindl is a #6 defenseman.

Holland did get Stuart for a few picks from LA. The price wouldn't get him out of Detroit. However the fact is that he was indeed traded for a couple of draft picks back in 2008.

I was talking about the Bobby Ryan trade. That said, it would be asinine for Holland to disrupt the defensive corps by trading away Stuart, let alone by doing so for a few mediocre draft picks.

Also, Stuart was traded for picks by a team that was far out of the playoff race, one looking for some assets in exchange for its upcoming UFAs. Different story.

#30 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

It really doesn't. Tatar is not a very good prospect and Kindl is a #6 defenseman.

That price would not get it done. However accorrding to REAL NHL experts, Tatar is indeed a very good prospect.

#31 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Kindl off to the Oil for Hemsky, :!:
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#32 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Kindl off to the Oil for Hemsky, Posted Image

Hemsky has that bad shoulder and he hasn't scored much this year. I would take Ruutu over him because I think his crash and bang game is more needed on the Wings than Hemsky's passing and stickhandling are. Kindl doesn't have much trade value. The Oilers are in need of some blueline help though.

#33 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

If Hemsky is healthy at the deadline he might make an o.k rental. His games played over the last couple of years is not good at 47 and 22. He may be cheap because of this.

#34 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

I'd love it if the site wasn't so full of condescending assholes who feel as if they are superior to everyone else with their opinions. If you don't agree fine, but feel free to leave the arrogant attitude out of your response.

Edited by ben_usmc, 09 January 2012 - 03:57 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#35 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'd love it if the site wasn't so full of condescending assholes who feel as if they are superior to everyone else with their opinions. If you don't agree fine, but feel free to leave the arrogant attitude out of your response.

It's annoying when people ignore official information that has been made very clear--in this case, what the Ducks have said about wanting core pieces in exchange for core pieces--and act as if other teams would somehow be interested in trading excellent players for our replaceable parts.

That price would not get it done. However accorrding to REAL NHL experts, Tatar is indeed a very good prospect.

Tatar is very unproven. If he's an excellent prospect, why is he not yet even a significant AHL star despite already being near the end of his waiver-exempt period? Why has he already been eclipsed by Nyqvist? I don't see Tatar being anything more than a 20-goal scorer, at best.

I agree that I worded my description of him vaguely; by "not a very good prospect," I mean that he is not a very good prospect, i.e. not exceptional. He is not good enough to be a major component of a trade for a significant NHL player.

Edited by Crymson, 09 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#36 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's annoying when people ignore official information that has been made very clear--in this case, what the Ducks have said about wanting core pieces in exchange for core pieces--and act as if other teams would somehow be interested in trading excellent players for our replaceable parts.

Tatar is very unproven. If he's an excellent prospect, why is he not yet even a significant AHL star despite already being near the end of his waiver-exempt period? Why has he already been eclipsed by Nyqvist? I don't see Tatar being anything more than a 20-goal scorer, at best.

I agree that I worded my description of him vaguely; by "not a very good prospect," I mean that he is not a very good prospect, i.e. not exceptional. He is not good enough to be a major component of a trade for a significant NHL player.

Why do I think Tatar is an excellent prospect? Because Ken Holland says he is. No offense but I will take his word over yours. :lol:
Nyquist has eclipsed him? There is no proof. Holland takes his time with his prospects. Just because Nyquist has been called up more recently than Tatar has been does not mean he has eclipsed him in the organizational depth chart. He is good enough to be a major component in a trade for a significant NHL player. Which is the only way Holland would deal him. We don't know if he will progress to be a future star. Right now however, he IS a very good prospect with a very bright future ahead of him.

Edited by Hatethedrake!, 09 January 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

Before you get a twisty, let me clarify on my original post. The post I responded to stated this.

And stop playing a franchise with the Wings in NHL 12. Bobby Ryan would almost certainly cost us a top 3 prospect, Roster player, and maybe a 1st and another pick (cause our picks aren't exactly great). Ottawa's GM didn't do anyone besides Don Maloney any favors with that Turris trade. Rundblad and a good pick for Turris means a fortune for Bobby Ryan.

So I said Tatar. Not a top prospect (Smith/Nyquist) but I think many have him as one of our top 3. Switch him with Pullkinen, Jarnkrok, or Sheahan if you want.

I was simply pointing out that it would take more than our third best prospect. Thanks for helping me out.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Erik Karlsson, his contract is up at the end of this season. Really like this kid, can skate like the wind and is so smooth over the ice. The Sens aint going to let him sniff the free agent water thou, but id try and tempt him a 21 yr old with over 150 games under his belt, but i suppose if Smith had been drafted by the Sens then he'd have played the same amount.

Edited by Andy Pred 48, 10 January 2012 - 12:22 AM.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#39 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Tatar is one of the Wings' best prospects and is slated as a top line player. He's going to be fantastic once he breaks through. Howard wasn't very good in the AHL, either. He's only dropped from top spot because Nyquist has had such a fantastic year in the AHL out of nowhere, really. I don't remember hearing much talk about Nyquist before this year.

Edited by VM1138, 10 January 2012 - 08:55 AM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#40 BUHdactyl

BUHdactyl

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

Well for what it's worth I just saw Sergei Samsonov in Auburn Hills this morning...