• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

Erik Karlsson, his contract is up at the end of this season. Really like this kid, can skate like the wind and is so smooth over the ice. The Sens aint going to let him sniff the free agent water thou, but id try and tempt him a 21 yr old with over 150 games under his belt, but i suppose if Smith had been drafted by the Sens then he'd have played the same amount.

He's going to be RFA at the end of this season, not UFA.

#42 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,791 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Suter is definitely the better option out of him and Weber, but to whoever suggested trading Stuart to San Jose I must wag my finger at you. Do you really want to wind up facing Stuart in the playoffs on a strong team like San Jose? Stuart is one of the better stay-at-home defensemen in the league, and always seems to make the crazy "I think I'm a goalie" stops when defense breaks down. I sure don't want to have the Wings play against him in the playoffs.

:blink:

I don't understand this sentence. Please explain it to me.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#43 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

I can understand Stuart's desire to be with his family. If we send him to California, what do you guys want to get back?

San Jose-Douglas Murray
Anaheim-Luca Sbisa
Los Angeles-Matt Greene

None are likely to ship those guys in return, but meh.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#44 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

I can understand Stuart's desire to be with his family. If we send him to California, what do you guys want to get back?

San Jose-Douglas Murray
Anaheim-Luca Sbisa
Los Angeles-Matt Greene

None are likely to ship those guys in return, but meh.

I like Murray.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#45 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

I like Murray.

Good shot blocker, especially. He's under contract for at least another year, iirc, so I doubt we would get him in return.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#46 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

there are plenty of UFA's coming up to replace guys like Stuart,Lidstrom,Bertuzzi and Holmstrom i they do not come back, No one will EVER replace Lidstrom but this is just a few guys to fill in on both sides

D)
Ryan Suter
Johnny Boychuck
Dennis Wideman
Barret Jackman
Cory Sarich
Matt Carle

F)
Zach Parise
Ales Hemsky
Brad Boyes
Tuomo Ruutu
Greg Campbell
Brandon Prust
Trent Hunter

#47 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

would love to get Suter and Parise in the off season...just thinking about it gives me the biggest hard on...

but if we had to go with only one of them I would have to pick Suter..if Lids leaves next year we are going to need all the help on D that we can get..
be about it!

#48 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:23 PM

there are plenty of UFA's coming up to replace guys like Stuart,Lidstrom,Bertuzzi and Holmstrom i they do not come back, No one will EVER replace Lidstrom but this is just a few guys to fill in on both sides

D)
Ryan Suter
Johnny Boychuck
Dennis Wideman
Barret Jackman
Cory Sarich
Matt Carle

F)
Zach Parise
Ales Hemsky
Brad Boyes
Tuomo Ruutu
Greg Campbell
Brandon Prust
Trent Hunter

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise
Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler
Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary
Miller-Prust-Eaves

Suter-Kronwall
Sarich-White
Ericsson-B.Smith
Kindl

That doesn't look too bad.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#49 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

how about

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise
Franzen-Filppula-Cleary
Nyquist-Helm-Mursak
Campbell-Abdelkader-Miller
Eaves
Emmerton
Tatar

Kronwall-Suter
Boychuk-White
Ericcson-Kindl
Smith

i think Boychuk adds some good speed on the back end, a BOMB shot from the point,adds size,another right handed shot and he's a big hitter and also drops the mits, and also with guys like Kampfer and D.Hamilton coming up for the Bruins they might just let him walk

#50 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

This is just a thought and as far as my knowledge on trading and draft picks, prospects, etc. goes, I am not very knowledgable but I had this idea in the shower this morning and I was just wondering if it could work....

With Stuart all but writing it down, we can almost ensure that he is going to be moving out West. With Anaheim being at the bottom of the conference and their recent statement that everyone is up for sale minus a few (don't recall exact players), why couldn't we send Stuart to Anaheim for a 1st round pick and another along with a prospect. Stuart would be a great anchor for them to start building their defense around. Beauchemin and Stuart would make a great top pair from what I can recall about Beauchemin's play. Also, this would give us the opportunity to draft a young player high in draft (assuming Anaheim doesn't go bat s*** in the 2nd half of the season) or keep that draft pick and trade it away for players or draft picks later in the draft as the Red Wings have been one to do in years past. If the season ended today, the Ducks would have the 4th overall pick in the draft. I think Stuart would be an immediate impact player and he could start right away. With us having so many defensive prospects and the cap space available this offseason (assuming a trade deadline move didn't happen) we could easily replace Stuart with someone younger or a player such as Suter or Boychuck.

Again, my knowledge on this topic is very limited I just thought of this on the fly. Is there something I missed? Would this work and is it something that could potentially happen?
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#51 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

This is just a thought and as far as my knowledge on trading and draft picks, prospects, etc. goes, I am not very knowledgable but I had this idea in the shower this morning and I was just wondering if it could work....

With Stuart all but writing it down, we can almost ensure that he is going to be moving out West. With Anaheim being at the bottom of the conference and their recent statement that everyone is up for sale minus a few (don't recall exact players), why couldn't we send Stuart to Anaheim for a 1st round pick and another along with a prospect. Stuart would be a great anchor for them to start building their defense around. Beauchemin and Stuart would make a great top pair from what I can recall about Beauchemin's play. Also, this would give us the opportunity to draft a young player high in draft (assuming Anaheim doesn't go bat s*** in the 2nd half of the season) or keep that draft pick and trade it away for players or draft picks later in the draft as the Red Wings have been one to do in years past. If the season ended today, the Ducks would have the 4th overall pick in the draft. I think Stuart would be an immediate impact player and he could start right away. With us having so many defensive prospects and the cap space available this offseason (assuming a trade deadline move didn't happen) we could easily replace Stuart with someone younger or a player such as Suter or Boychuck.

Again, my knowledge on this topic is very limited I just thought of this on the fly. Is there something I missed? Would this work and is it something that could potentially happen?

The only way i think Stuart gets traded is if another D comes back in the deal or the Wings drop out of the playoffs and i would bet anything that doesnt happen

how about this deal

To ANA-Stuart,Hudler and a pick or prospect

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

Sure Ryan has more potential but as of right now hudler has 2more PTS, it also gives ANA the option of resigning Hudler or spending money elsewhere in the off-season, they get help on the back end which they need badly and for the Wings they get Ryan a big guy right hand shot and potential through the roof to put up big numbers and Brookbank adds some toughness and not to bad on the back end , he wont put up to many PTS but can shutdown pretty good and is a at the end of the season

#52 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

The only way i think Stuart gets traded is if another D comes back in the deal or the Wings drop out of the playoffs and i would bet anything that doesnt happen

how about this deal

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

Sure Ryan has more potential but as of right now hudler has 2more PTS, it also gives ANA the option of resigning Hudler or spending money elsewhere in the off-season, they get help on the back end which they need badly and for the Wings they get Ryan a big guy right hand shot and potential through the roof to put up big numbers and Brookbank adds some toughness and not to bad on the back end , he wont put up to many PTS but can shutdown pretty good and is a at the end of the season

I like what you did here. The only thing I'm thinking is that Hudler is going to have to continue to put up points like he has been all the way up to the deadline to become a valuable trade asset. Right now if I am a Gm, I am thinking he is just going through a phase. If he can continue to put points up, stay healthy, and prove he has some value on another team, I think that's the only time he could be considered a trade option. But overall, I think Ryan and Brookbank would look great in a the Winged Wheel.

Also, did they say that Ryan was one of the "untouchables"? I had this thought midway through my response.
What kind of color is red? Red is a warning. A declaration. A color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and Driven because red doesn't like second place. So what Kind of color is red? Our kind" - The Red Wing Army

#53 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:50 AM

I like what you did here. The only thing I'm thinking is that Hudler is going to have to continue to put up points like he has been all the way up to the deadline to become a valuable trade asset. Right now if I am a Gm, I am thinking he is just going through a phase. If he can continue to put points up, stay healthy, and prove he has some value on another team, I think that's the only time he could be considered a trade option. But overall, I think Ryan and Brookbank would look great in a the Winged Wheel.

Also, did they say that Ryan was one of the "untouchables"? I had this thought midway through my response.

I thought i heard Selanne,Fowler were the only untouchables could be wrong though, even if Hudler slips a little could be a good deal for the Ducks you save 2mill from Ryan to Hudler even if they choose to resign him around the same next season it will give them that extra cap space 1-2mill to spend elsewhere and still leaves key pieces like Perry,Getzlaf,Stuart,Fowler even Hudler on a 2nd,3rd line/PP unit, also like i said Hudler as of right now i believe has the same amount of PTS as Ryan and Brookbank together then you throw in Stuart and a pick or prospect thats pretty good, but ya i agree with you about Hudler needing to to keep putting up PTS until the deadline

#54 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

I thought i heard Selanne,Fowler were the only untouchables could be wrong though, even if Hudler slips a little could be a good deal for the Ducks you save 2mill from Ryan to Hudler even if they choose to resign him around the same next season it will give them that extra cap space 1-2mill to spend elsewhere and still leaves key pieces like Perry,Getzlaf,Stuart,Fowler even Hudler on a 2nd,3rd line/PP unit, also like i said Hudler as of right now i believe has the same amount of PTS as Ryan and Brookbank together then you throw in Stuart and a pick or prospect thats pretty good, but ya i agree with you about Hudler needing to to keep putting up PTS until the deadline

At the time of this post, Perry has 35 points while Hudler has 27 with the same amount of games played. If you go back further and look at past seasons, Perry put up 98 pts in 2010/2011, Hudler wasn't even close to that. Perry in 09/10 put up 76 points while Hudler put up 54 in the KHL. If you look at their STATS side by side, Perry is definitely the better player as least as far as points goes. I don't see the Ducks giving up Perry for a guy who has yet to prove that he can consistently bring the offensive power that they would lose with Perry. I'm all for the Ducks taking Hudler, a prospect (such as Tartar) and a few picks. I'm not sure though. I am going to hate to see Stewie go but if the price is right, the return is right, and it can help the Wings make a run at the cup this year, I'll say goodbye with a less bitter heart.

Edit: Grammer

Edited by WingZNut13, 12 January 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#55 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

I dont think they would move Perry after the season he had last year thats why i think they move Getzlaf or Ryan

#56 WingZNut13

WingZNut13

2nd Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

I dont think they would move Perry after the season he had last year thats why i think they move Getzlaf or Ryan

Yeah I'm with you on that. I accidentally compared Perry instead of Ryan. Oops. My apologies.

But I think the trade deadline will be very inresting for us considering the cap space that we have available as well as the prospects that we may or may not be willing to dish out.

#57 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:03 AM

I think holland obviously wants to win a Cup every year but im sure even more so if it is Lidstroms last season, Prospects like Mrzek and Pulkinen had pretty awesome WJ Tournys just the amount prospects/young guys we have are huge right now and could package some to make some real nice deals!.....Cormier,Oduya,Bergfors for Kovalchuk?....sooooo Stuart,Hudler,Emmerton and a pick for Parise and Volchenkov ? lol

Tatar
Pulkinen
Mrzek
Ferraro
Emmerton
Nyquist
Kindl
Smith
Andersson
McCullom

and thats just off the top of my head, i think Holland made a mistake from day one in signing both Miller and Eaves i dont think he expected Emmerton,Nyquist to be as good/ready

#58 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

:blink:

I don't understand this sentence. Please explain it to me.

I wasn't saying talent wise necessarily, but contract-wise. Plus, it's obvious Nashville will work harder to keep Weber.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#59 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:44 AM

how about this deal

To Det-Ryan,Brookbank

IMO you would need to replace the pick/prospect with Mule for that trade to work for Anaheim. Both Stuart and Hudler will need to be re-signed, and Stuart's possible move gives any west coast team less incentive to trade a major asset for him. The Ducks have said they need a core player in return for a core player. Stuart is a core player, but his contract situation brings his value down. Further, Hudler is not IMO a core player, and he also has a contract situation.

#60 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

IMO you would need to replace the pick/prospect with Mule for that trade to work for Anaheim. Both Stuart and Hudler will need to be re-signed, and Stuart's possible move gives any west coast team less incentive to trade a major asset for him. The Ducks have said they need a core player in return for a core player. Stuart is a core player, but his contract situation brings his value down. Further, Hudler is not IMO a core player, and he also has a contract situation.

I don't know about that Franzen,Stuart and Hudler for Ryan IMO is defintly an overpayment