• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Very, very rare for such a talented young player to be made available. I think we should do everything we can to attain him. What's it going to take in the opinion of the board?

Probably a first round pick (or two - hopefully not). That's fine.

Probably a top prospect. Tatar maybe? I could live without him I guess.

Probably a young player with potential. Kindl? I'm not crazy about him, but still definitely has potential.

Something extra? How about Hudler? We're probably going to lose him anyways. Maybe Cleary, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, etc. would be of interest as well?

What do you guys think? If it just took those four assets I'd definitely do it.

Guest blueadams

i think way more than that. anaheim said they are looking for an equivalent asset coming back. honestly, i think a lot of the trade talk coming out of anaheim is just to motivate players by lighting a fire under them.

I'd give them Franzen or Filppula plus a little extra. Grudgingly.

Guest Crymson

Probably a first round pick (or two - hopefully not). That's fine.

Anaheim wants roster players for roster players. If they give up a centerpiece, they're going to want one in return. They have been open about this.

Probably a top prospect. Tatar maybe? I could live without him I guess.

Anaheim wants roster players for roster players. If they give up a centerpiece, they're going to want one in return. They have been open about this.

Probably a young player with potential. Kindl? I'm not crazy about him, but still definitely has potential.

Anaheim wants roster players for roster players. If they give up a centerpiece, they're going to want one in return. They have been open about this. Kindl has thus far been a disappointment and will not be sought after.

Something extra? How about Hudler? We're probably going to lose him anyways. Maybe Cleary, Emmerton, Eaves, Miller, etc. would be of interest as well?

Why would any of these players be of interest to Anaheim?

What do you guys think? If it just took those four assets I'd definitely do it.

If it took just those four assets, then Anaheim's GM should be fired, then perhaps executed.

The facts: We can't offer anything better than 28 other teams in the league. We don't have what Anaheim wants.

This.

To honestly aquire Ryan would take a lot. Same goes with Perry. Probably a first rounder at least maybe another pick. Then add Filppula and or Helm and a prospect. Something like that. We can't offer that.

Sorry Wings fans but no one wants Hudler too.

For once Crymson I agree with btw.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I'd give them Franzen or Filppula plus a little extra. Grudgingly.

Where would we be without Filppula this year? From Game #1, he's been our best forward. Since Datsyuk got it in gear he's been #2. Our only untouchable forwards IMO are Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula.

Where would we be without Filppula this year? From Game #1, he's been our best forward. Since Datsyuk got it in gear he's been #2. Our only untouchable forwards IMO are Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Hudler.

Fixed.

LOL

Edited by GMRwings1983

The facts: We can't offer anything better than 28 other teams in the league. We don't have what Anaheim wants.

We can offer as good or better than many teams. We may not want to, and it may not be in our best interest long-term, but we can.

Our first rounder won't carry the same weight as a team that figures to be in the top 10, but other than that our picks are worth about as much as any other team. We have several good prospects that a lot of teams would be interested in. We have guys like Flip, Mule, Abby, Helm, and Kronwall that many teams would be interested in. We do have Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

We don't have a young goal scorer or a budding superstar. But the teams that do probably aren't interested in trading them. Unless the Ducks are going to trade with themselves, I haven't heard of any other young guys like Ryan that are on the market. We can't go around offering or best prospects for marginal players or aging stars, and we probably can't afford to move any defensemen unless we're getting someone equivalent back. Several of our best prospects are still a few years away from the NHL. We many not have a lot of really good trade assets from our perspective, but we have enough to put together one good package. Maybe not the best the Ducks could get, but better than a lot of teams would offer. Most people here only seem to want to offer the players/prospects they don't like, so it seems like we can't offer anything good.

If he is traded, a lot will depend on when, and the Ducks place in the standings at the time. The closer we get to the deadline, and/or the further out of the playoffs the Ducks fall, the more they will start valuing picks and prospects.

Something like Flip-Miller-Nyquist-1st might be enough to get it done.

Edited by Buppy

We can offer as good or better than many teams. We may not want to, and it may not be in our best interest long-term, but we can.

Our first rounder won't carry the same weight as a team that figures to be in the top 10, but other than that our picks are worth about as much as any other team. We have several good prospects that a lot of teams would be interested in. We have guys like Flip, Mule, Abby, Helm, and Kronwall that many teams would be interested in. We do have Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

We don't have a young goal scorer or a budding superstar. But the teams that do probably aren't interested in trading them. Unless the Ducks are going to trade with themselves, I haven't heard of any other young guys like Ryan that are on the market. We can't go around offering or best prospects for marginal players or aging stars, and we probably can't afford to move any defensemen unless we're getting someone equivalent back. Several of our best prospects are still a few years away from the NHL. We many not have a lot of really good trade assets from our perspective, but we have enough to put together one good package. Maybe not the best the Ducks could get, but better than a lot of teams would offer. Most people here only seem to want to offer the players/prospects they don't like, so it seems like we can't offer anything good.

If he is traded, a lot will depend on when, and the Ducks place in the standings at the time. The closer we get to the deadline, and/or the further out of the playoffs the Ducks fall, the more they will start valuing picks and prospects.

Something like Flip-Miller-Nyquist-1st might be enough to get it done.

Anaheim would be crazy not to make that deal. And Holland would be crazy to offer it. Filpulla is 32nd in league scoring right now, tied with Parise and Perry. Not to mention how good he is defensively. That plus our first or second best prospect? A serviceable role player? AND a first round pick?

I'm probably alone on this, but if a lot of people have gripes with Franzen being so off and on with production, why bring in Ryan? He is the definition of streaky, can blow up for a week or two then go 20 games without a goal. If we are going for streaky here, i'd rather go for Nash and at least get some physical presence when he's not scoring. I'd pass on Ryan, and would rather keep what we would have to sacrifice to get him.

Anaheim would be crazy not to make that deal. And Holland would be crazy to offer it. Filpulla is 32nd in league scoring right now, tied with Parise and Perry. Not to mention how good he is defensively. That plus our first or second best prospect? A serviceable role player? AND a first round pick?

Flip is having a great year, no doubt, but he hasn't as of yet broken 20 goals or 40 points. Ryan is 24 and already has 3 30+ goal seasons (the first of which he even spent part of the year in the minors). He's on pace for a 4th. He's younger, bigger, and more physical. He's not bad defensively.

Miller is serviceable, but replaceable. Nyquist is developing very well, and could become something special. Or he might never get any farther. We don't really need him, especially if we were getting Ryan. The 1st rounder would likely be in the 20s, which statistically translates to only about a 50% chance of being an NHL player at all, much less an impact player. It's something we could afford to give up.

Yeah, it's a lot to give up, but assuming Ryan can gel with the team (which is a risk with any trade) it would be a nice immediate improvement, and not likely to hurt us long term. If Nyquist and the 1st turned out to be stars it would be a "win" for the Ducks, but it wouldn't necessarily be a "loss" for us.

I'm probably alone on this, but if a lot of people have gripes with Franzen being so off and on with production, why bring in Ryan? He is the definition of streaky, can blow up for a week or two then go 20 games without a goal. If we are going for streaky here, i'd rather go for Nash and at least get some physical presence when he's not scoring. I'd pass on Ryan, and would rather keep what we would have to sacrifice to get him.

Almost all scorers are streaky, and Ryan is about as physical as Nash and not much smaller. His cap hit is also considerably lower.

Where would we be without Filppula this year? From Game #1, he's been our best forward. Since Datsyuk got it in gear he's been #2. Our only untouchable forwards IMO are Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Filppula.

I know you love Filppula and hes putting up a great season but if you think Holland and Co wouldn't trade him (as part of a package) for a Ryan/Parise you are insane.

Guest Hatethedrake!

It's nice to dream but the Wings are not getting any of the Ducks' core players. How would trading a core player for a core player make the Wings any better? Datsyuk for Getzlaf? Zetterberg for Perry? I wouldn't do either of those trades. I know Z has not played very well this season but I still have no wish for the Wings to trade him. I laugh at the inclusion of Miller in the one post. Why would the Ducks want a player back they once put on waivers? :lol:

It's nice to dream but the Wings are not getting any of the Ducks' core players. How would trading a core player for a core player make the Wings any better? Datsyuk for Getzlaf? Zetterberg for Perry? I wouldn't do either of those trades. I know Z has not played very well this season but I still have no wish for the Wings to trade him. I laugh at the inclusion of Miller in the one post. Why would the Ducks want a player back they once put on waivers? :lol:

Z has been great ever since the first 15-20 games where he struggled.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Z has been great ever since the first 15-20 games where he struggled.

I should have been more clear. Z has not had a very good season by his standards. I expect more from him than most players on the Wings. He has been getting better with each game the past month or so.

The Ducks traded him to TB. It was TB who waived him.

Also, if not Miller, then Eaves or Emmerton or a 4th rounder or whatever. It's the smallest part of the package, not something that would be a deal killer.

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Ducks traded him to TB. It was TB who waived him.

Also, if not Miller, then Eaves or Emmerton or a 4th rounder or whatever. It's the smallest part of the package, not something that would be a deal killer.

I stand corrected. I can't see Miller having much value even as a throw in. Maybe Emmerton though.

I know you love Filppula and hes putting up a great season but if you think Holland and Co wouldn't trade him (as part of a package) for a Ryan/Parise you are insane.

Filppula plus a top prospect and a first would be an over payment for Ryan. Hudler would be more suitable in that deal. And Holland would never trade Filppula for a player that is a UFA in the summer and who we have a great chance at signing. It will never. Happen. Guaranteed.

Flip is having a great year, no doubt, but he hasn't as of yet broken 20 goals or 40 points.

Yeah, because scoring 5 more points and 6 more goals in the next 41 games is really unlikely for Filppula.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Signing Parise AND Suter as UFAs this summer would be awesome. Plus Nick coming back for another season. Is it possible? There have been rumours of the Cap going down.