• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Bobby Ryan

Rate this topic

Filppula plus a top prospect and a first would be an over payment for Ryan. Hudler would be more suitable in that deal. And Holland would never trade Filppula for a player that is a UFA in the summer and who we have a great chance at signing. It will never. Happen. Guaranteed.

Yeah, because scoring 5 more points and 6 more goals in the next 41 games is really unlikely for Filppula.

Sorry, but thats not an overpayment for a player who has had a 70+ pt season and 2 season over 30 goals who is also 24.

Sorry, but thats not an overpayment for a player who has had a 70+ pt season and 2 season over 30 goals who is also 24.

It's an overpayment in that the player for whom we would be trading for is not playing as good, right now, as the player we would be trading in payment. This plus a top prospect and a first round pick. Ryan may be a better player than Filppula, but not top prospect and first round pick better, even taking into account age. He could be had for less.

Although I concede this just may be my bias talking. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Edited by Z and D for the C

It's an overpayment in that the player for whom we would be trading for is not playing as good, right now, as the player we would be trading in payment. This plus a top prospect and a first round pick. Ryan may be a better player than Filppula, but not top prospect and first round pick better, even taking into account age. He could be had for less.

Although I concede this just may be my bias talking. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I don't think you are necessarily wrong, but given how tight the league is this year, and the value that Ryan would have to a team eager to compete for a cup, or put themselves over the playoff hump, I think it's the kind of deal that's going to be needed to land him. I can see a lot of teams willing to throw that kind of package at Anaheim for him, overpayment or not. Realistically, even though the Ducks are the sellers they've already got a known (and quality) player in Ryan, and it's not like they need to move him...a la Danny Heatley with Ottawa...so if they aren't getting a huge return, there's no real reason to pull the trigger on a trade. It's not as though Ryan is the problem with the Ducks.

Guest Crymson

Filppula plus a top prospect and a first would be an over payment for Ryan. Hudler would be more suitable in that deal. And Holland would never trade Filppula for a player that is a UFA in the summer and who we have a great chance at signing. It will never. Happen. Guaranteed.

How would Hudler be a more suitable player in that deal? Ryan is a proven scorer. Why would Anaheim give him up for an unproven prospect and a first-rounder that will almost certainly be late in the round and may not amount to anything?

Also, Ryan will not be a UFA this offseason. His current contract ends in 2015.

That said, I, too, would be adverse to Filppula being traded.

Edited by Crymson

i would trade franzen for him but not filppula, but tbh i don't think we could make a good offer for him without low balling them. I don't think they would want mule and someone like hudler isn't a big enough piece. Filppula just is hitting his prime and is hot right now and has been all season. I doubt they would be willing to take just prospects and draft picks.

Yeah, because scoring 5 more points and 6 more goals in the next 41 games is really unlikely for Filppula.

I was referring more to the fact the Flip has played 5 full seasons prior to this year, and so far his best numbers are 19g, 40p. He's having a great year, and will almost certainly eclipse those numbers. But those first 5 years still happened. Right now he has to be considered a low to mid-tier top 6 forward who's having an outstanding year.

Ryan, in 3 full seasons has not has fewer than 31g, 57p. He's a borderline elite player having a bit of a down year.

Nyquist may be one of our top prospects, but he is not one of the top prospects in the league. He's not a sure bet top-6er in the NHL. Likewise, a late 1st rounder is far from a guarantee.

More importantly, we don't really need Nyquist or that pick, regardless of how good they potentially are. With Pav, Hank, Mule, and Ryan we'd have the makings of an excellent top 6, even if we lose Hudler, Homer, and Bert. We'd still be in good shape cap-wise (assuming no big drop), so we could fill out with a free agent or two, or bump Cleary up. It's doubtful Nyquist would be challenging for a top 6 spot anyway. There should be no shortage of bottom 6 options either, even if we also added Miller/Emmerton (on further review, probably not necessary).

It might turn out to be a win for the Ducks, but why would they move him if they think the best they can do is break even? He's signed for a few more years. They aren't hurting for cap space. He had the holdout, but it doesn't seem he's an issue in the locker room. He's not having a terrible year, nor does he have a history of underperforming. Like most, he can be streaky and may not always give 100%, but he's not a notable slacker or unusually prone to droughts. He's not getting old. He's a ways down the list of team leaders, and hasn't been around that long, so they aren't likely blaming him for the team's struggles...

The only reason to trade him is if they think it improves their team in the near future. If Flip continues his breakout and Gus continues to develop, it would. The pick would be insurance in case one or both falters. An asset for another trade, or to add to their prospect depth. Maybe a 2nd rounder would be good enough, or a prospect lower than Gus, who knows. But I don't think my proposal would hurt us, so might as well make the best offer we can afford. We'd have to outbid several other teams, and convince a team that's struggling to score to give up one of their best young scorers.

I would trade Filppula in a package deal to Anaheim for Ryan. lol. However I don't think the Duck's GM Murray would accept it. I mean I trust Bob McKenzie over most hockey "experts" but I wanna know who he's hearing these things from...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest Johnz96

Stewart has similar scoring ability to Ryan, is much stronger and tougher and would be much cheaper in a trade and against the cap

Guest Johnz96

Wait, do you like Stewart?

Yes I do, I like him because he is exactly what the Wings need and can be had for a bargain right now. Because of his production this year and the fact that he and Hitchcock don't get along he would be a bargain in a trade and against the cap for a 30 goal scoring power forward which is exactly what he is.

If he got as much ice-time as Ryan playing with Getzlaf and Perry, I have no doubt he would have scored as much.

Yes I do, I like him because he is exactly what the Wings need and can be had for a bargain right now. Because of his production this year and the fact that he and Hitchcock don't get along he would be a bargain in a trade and against the cap for a 30 goal scoring power forward which is exactly what he is.

If he got as much ice-time as Ryan playing with Getzlaf and Perry, I have no doubt he would have scored as much.

You mean the Stewart that just got an extension in stl?

Guest Johnz96

You mean the Stewart that just got an extension in stl?

Yeah that's the Stewart I am proposing a trade for

I really fail to see the point of the Red Wings making trades right now. Why give up valuable assets when they have the ability to address their needs through free agency very soon? They have the cap space to sign the top free agents available without giving up major pieces of the team now and in the future.

Trades would be a nice fallback option after July 1st maybe, but I don't see any reason for Holland to start making deals at the draft.

I've heard the ducks want 2 or 3 building blOck pieces that increase depth but not payroll...

Tatar, Kindl, someone else, pick or two..? Idk

Edit: I don't expect too big of moves this off season tho. Suter's probably going to be about it and then we filter in some younger guys IMO. Idk maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong tho

Edited by amato

I've heard the ducks want 2 or 3 building blOck pieces that increase depth but not payroll...

Edit: I don't expect too big of moves this off season tho. Suter's probably going to be about it and then we filter in some younger guys IMO. Idk maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong tho

Oh well, if not Ryan then maybe we could trade Francine for some other player that gives a s***.

Doubt the Ducks would consider Kindl a building block. Have a feeling they might consider Smith to be one though. Don't see Kenny kicking the tires on this one at all.

Doubt the Ducks would consider Kindl a building block. Have a feeling they might consider Smith to be one though. Don't see Kenny kicking the tires on this one at all.

Yea you're probly right. Very unlikely we trade for anyone really..